Repo Manor

Episode Reviews (39)

Great

Repo Manor

By TrueTvWatcher, May 21, 2012

Repo Manor was another perfectly entertaining episode of Charmed. I really enjoyed watching because the story was well written, the acting was superb and the character development was deep. It was interesting to see how the sisters dealt with Phoebe moving out and I liked their interactions with Billie as well. The demons had a good plan and those who impersonated the sisters did a pretty good job. I liked how every thing played out and look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!moreless

REVENGE OF THE STILLMAN SISTERS

By Blinksterboy, Mar 02, 2009

Revenge of the Stillman Sisters

Unusually for Charmed, this episode starts out badly but improves as it goes on. It's hardly a classic, but at least it's focused on the sisters rather than Billie.

The storyline is a rehash of several old episodes. At its heart is yet another evil threesome trying to outwit the sisters. This is way too close to 'The Power of Three Blondes'. The shrinking sisters storyline has been done twice and the trapped in the dolls house plot was used last season. Trigger happy fake Phoebe appeared a mere sixteen episodes ago. I could go on. If the writers must recycle storylines, they could at least look back further than the last two seasons.

To be fair, some of the sisterly interaction is very good and there are two strong subplots. Piper is clearly upset that Phoebe is moving out and I can't help thinking Phoebe is being a little selfish with the timing. Nicely acted. Meanwhile, Paige plucks up the courage to come out to Henry but needs some help to get him to the dinner table. I cringed when I saw the fairy and leprechaun but, thankfully, the subplot is buoyed up by an excellent performance from Ivan Sergei.

The demon plot suffers from some bad dialogue and horrible overacting, not to mention cheap-looking shimmering. And how dumb were the fake Charmed Ones? They just stood there like statues while Billie read that spell. Why weren't they all throwing fireballs?

I am so fed up of seeing leather clad baddies yelling at each other in caves. Please be more original. That said, the mass vanquish of the slave king and his crew is superb, and it was good to see a wizard make an appearance. There's also some nice editing this week.

So the three main baddies all have names beginning with P. Now there's a thing. Wonder where they got that from?

Score: 8.1moreless

When the Charmed Ones consider moving, they're forced to stay under the same roof b a demon that miniaturizes and imprisons them inside a dollhouse replica of the manor.

By kennedyS7, Sep 13, 2008

Once again Phoebe tries to move out of the manor and once again a demon tries to stop her this time by making her really small and putting her inside the replica of the dollhouse. When the power of three works with the fake pheobe the fakes realise that they no longer need the charmed ones because they can use the power of three so we now have three miniture charmed ones locked inside a dollhouse. The fakes kill the slave king and are about to kill the charmed ones with their own power's and the sister realise that if they can get the fakes to use their demon powers then they can get the power of three back. Phoebe finally moves out of the manor into her new appartment.moreless

Nice.

By Danny2312, Jan 20, 2008

During the beginning of the episode, I thought it's the Charmed Ones fighting demon. Actually it's not, it's actually demons fighting demon.

I feel weird about Paige when she said energy ball, and yes of course, because she's not Paige, turned out that she's a demon. Later on, the demon stole the dollhouse and first trapped Phoebe inside, then Paige and then Piper. With their body strink, their's powers do too.

Probably because of the power of three, Paige manage to orb the whole dollhouse back to the manor and Billie rescue them. What can I say about this episode--it's just PERFECT! I like it. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT.moreless

I don't know... It's kinda diferent! But I don't think is so powerful itself...

By Lostfinding, Jul 14, 2007

I don't know if I like it or not. At last we see a Charmed truly story and not one of Billie, and she stays in the second plane of the episode but the story of the Charmed ones itself is poor. Could have been a better one!

The Demons of the weeks are the same as the Charmed Ones and they've been doing that for 8 years... That is too much incredible, it's a way of make another challeng that could have the sister's powers and the knowelge. A lots of Demons and stories could have been done to make the same and could have been a lot better than that!

We have the underworld again in the episode! I was sick and tired of see every freaky demon in magic school. It's just was too poor. (We see them in M;agic School at the beginnig, but we can think that they were there training or something)

Once again we see bad stories to explain something: I mean that "not-real" power that has the demon, that thing that makes them sleep! It's a bad excuse to make the girls into the doll house and not change the story. Tecnically, if that power exist anothers demon would have it aswell so the Charmed Ones would be dead by now! I mean it's a bad story the end too, the whole thing "use yours demonic powers!" I hate when demons are so stupid. Why the hell do you listen to them??? Just kill them! And when Billie is chanting the spell they stand right there without doing nothing! Why the make the demons so stupid!!!!???? The Demons could have been writen more bad and intelligent, and they could save the sisters anyway! (See Zankou or the Source) And the whole "Oh crap" or something they say when they're gonna dye it's more to a Child Show

The effects in the episode are strange aswell. It's quite original see the Charmed Ones in the outside of the Doll House (when they vanqush the demon) and the final explosion it's great aswell! but the shimmer and transformation of the demons is bad done. So I think is a bad episode itself but with some touchs of greatness (the original thing of seeing the Charmed Ones moving things in the cave for exemple) So I think because of the originality we can give a 7 to the episode

The acting was horrible by the demons and that made the episode go downmoreless

Phoebe decides to move but is forced to stay when3 demons take their powers.

By Black_Grace, Apr 17, 2007

Great episode! More sisters taking the Charmed ones powers! First the three blondes which all started with M(hated their names) and then these 3 demons that started with P(their names were better). This happened so much time but it is so funny seeing all these different people take the Charmed ones powers. That was funny when they were being mean to Billie even though I like her. I think she should of used her powers on them. That doll house is finally gone after Piper blows it up. Henry sure took Paige's secret well. I don't get why most of Phoebe's boyfriends didn't.moreless

Piper is greving over Leo, Phoebe wants to move her life along so she signs a release form for an apartment, and Paige has thoughts on moving in with Henry. Really good episode and I'm glad that Piper blew that doll house up !!

By charmed1102, Apr 10, 2007

Phoebe move's on with her life and signs a lease for a new apartment, while Paige considers moving in with Henry, and Piper tries to maintain control after losing Leo. However, the Charmed Ones are forced to stay under the same roof - literally - when a demon kidnaps the sisters, miniaturizes them and imprisons them in a dollhouse replica of the Manor. The demon enlists the help of expert doppelgangers to channel the Power of Three and kill the Demonic Master Clan that has enslaved his demon tribe. Meanwhile, Billie continues the search for her missing sister.moreless

I liked this episode because Billie wasn't in it much :)

By Charmedfran, Oct 08, 2006

I happened to like this episode, partly because Billie didn't appear that often during the episode.

This is one of the few episodes in season 8, that I can say is good. I liked the storyline, even though it was slightly un-original and I thought the ending was rather touching, Holly Marie Combs acted incredibly well and really went into role.

Reasons to watch this episode: .This episode isn't all about Billie .Paige tell Henry that she is a witch .This episode has a charm to itmoreless

Scry Hard + The Power Of Three Blondes + Muse To My Ears + Once Upon A Time + Lucky Charmed + Size Matters + Saving Private Leo + The Importance Of Being Phoebe = Repo Manor

And it's actually not that bad.

By ViktorCharmed, May 25, 2006

Yet another great and original episode of Charmed. Although having some repeated story lines (the major one being The Power Of Three Blondes) this was both original and exciting. It featured great acting from the lead trio, and even Kaley is getting better by the episodes. The demons acted, as most demons on Charmed do, very poorly and the episode featured more then one strained and overacted scene by the evil sisters.

Besides the very original and fun main plot about the thievery of The Power Of Three, there was some great sub plots. Paige has for a couple of years been my favourite sister, and she really shone in the episode, despite her cold. Her acting was amazing, and all of her scenes with Henry were perfect. They have sparkled from the very beginning, and the last scene where she tells him the truth, is just heartbreakingly beautiful. Henry also showed a more lively side in this episode, and I’m really starting to like him. Definitely one of the best love interests of the show (though, the completion isn’t very tough). Every scene with Rose and Ivan is wonderful, and I’m really looking forward to see how their relationship develops.

Phoebe’s plot about moving out is very unnecessary, according to me. They have done it before, and she has no reason whatsoever to move out. Billie had surprisingly little to do in this episode, and I think it’s about time the Christy-story get some new fuel. And were did her new power of projection go? It’s totally vanished. Perhaps they realized it’s not necessary. It was also nice to see the Spirit Board again. The last time we saw it was in season 2.

All in all a fun, fresh, exciting and most importantly original Charmed episode, showing that Charmed still ahs it. The best since Vaya Con Leos, and one of the third best episodes this season.moreless

Load More Reviews