Rewitched

Episode Reviews (46)

Great

Rewitched

By TrueTvWatcher, May 20, 2012

Rewitched was a perfect episode of Charmed, pulling together various story lines while adding character depth and development. I really enjoyed watching because the story was fun, there was a lot going on as the sisters dealt with feelings of wanting their old lives in some ways. Billie did a great job vanquishing the Imp Master and luring the other demon for the sisters to take care of. I like how agent Murphy was involved and what the sisters revealed to him. Phoebe tells Dex the truth in a very up front sort of way. I look forward to seeing how things progress now that the sisters are officially back!!!!!!!!!moreless

Wow. I was worried that Season 8 would be a bunch of trash, but this episode was anything but. The sisters are back to their real identities - no more trying to keep track of Jo and Julie and whoever. Awesome.

By Edward_Nigma, Nov 29, 2011

To tell the truth I'm quite surprised that this episode was so good, basing my opinion on the rest of this season. I can't express how glad I am that the sisters finally have their own identities back. I loved how Billie (I NEVER thought I'd like anything that retard did) made Phoebe feel bad for not protecting innocents. Then there was that guy and Paige - that was a sad moment of realization. Piper's talk with that Homeland Security guy was also wonderful, though she seemed to care the least when Paige and Phoebe wanted their old identities back. I'm sure this will make a lot of fans happy, as the stupid new identities were annoying the crap out of me.

Billie isn't dead yet, which sucks, but I guess she wasn't too terribly retarded in this episode. The only thing that really bothered me with this episode was how Phoebe wanted to stay married to Dex, and actually thought that he'd want to also (except he didn't seem to mind for God knows what reason...he Freaking Got Married And Didn't Remember Doing It). Other than that, the rest of the episode was awesome.

Every aspect of the episode tied in to the central plot of the episode. It would have been nice to see that agent guy in a few previous episodes though to develop his character; I don't think the sisters would be able to trust hi that readily. I liked how Billie's demon chase led to the sister's vanquishing the demon, furthering their need to get their old identities back. The sisters are meant to fight evil, and they could only deny their destinies for so long. It's about time they realized that they can't ignore innocents.

I'm glad I can look forward to watching Charmed again like I used to years ago.moreless

Imps = lame.

By MovieMark, Oct 12, 2010

Thank the gods Dex only has one episode left! He is possibly the most useless character Phoebe has ever dated, and she's been around the magical block a few times, and has had her share of cardboard cut-outs.

Elsewhere, the episode slips from mind-numbingly boring spells gone awry to groan inducing speed dating that only continues Paige's streak of hooking up with a new guy every episode. Enough already!

The strongest character this week is Billie. Shocking, I know, but she's the only one doing anything of any significance - she's fighting the good fight while the sisters arse about doin' jack. Sure, she's starting to become a tad grating, but I particularly enjoyed her scene where she confronts Phoebe, highlighting that it's not ok that the CO's are ignoring their innocents, and that something has to be done about it.

Of course, each sister gradually comes to terms with the fact that they cannot enjoy their new demon-free lifestyles, as the harder they try to ignore the danger that lurks in cheap alleyway sets, the more prevalent the threat becomes.

The cop-out regarding Phoebe's marriage to Dex only serves to highlight how inept the Charmed writing staff are - 5 episodes dedicated to Phoebe proclaiming the importance of this relationship, only to dwindle it away through magic.

Still, the idea of the Charmed Ones helping out Homeland Security with a few cases could inject some vitality into the season; it's certainly an interesting take on exposure.

Overall, though, this is an especially forgettable episode, with some horrid special effects, some dreadful hammy acting, and subplots that never really take off. Alyssa looks absolutely stunning throughout, so there is that!moreless

Implausible! They've been fighting for so long to get normal lives. Now all of a sudden they're changing their minds within only 4 episodes - that's ridiculous. Walking straight into the homeland security guy's office, blowing their covers - ludicrous!

By Malcolmjamal, Oct 09, 2010

Obviously, everyone around here loved this episode. Well, not me - the storyline is totally implausible! They've been fighting for so long (7 years, to be exact...well, 4 years if you count Paige) to get normal lives. Now, all of a sudden they're changing their minds within only 4 episodes - that's ridiculous. Compare getting attacked by demons every day (and thus being exposed to death) and having an alternative outside appearance (their alter egos didn't look any bad, so what's the big deal?). And by the way: walking straight into the homeland security guy's office, blowing their covers, is absolutely ludicrous. They couldn't have been any more careless. Honestly, that's a piece of poor writing, right there.moreless

THE GIRLS ARE BACK IN TOWN

By Blinksterboy, Oct 09, 2010

The girls are back in town

A lot of folk see this episode as the 'return of the Charmed Ones'. Don't see it that way myself. The only difference since SWTWG seems to be that the sisters vanquish the baddies then sit around moaning about it rather than heading down to P3 for a drink. Perhaps I'm missing something. That said, I am glad they got rid of the false identities. They were fun for a time but they were kind of limiting. Having Agent Murphy lie about hiding them was a smart move by the writers. It may not be totally believable but it's better than some silly magical fix and it brings a useful character into the show.

Anyway, theme for the week is whether or not the Charmed Ones should come out of retirement. There's plenty of soul searching and some of it is quite convincing. The real problem is the lack of a story to back this up.

The demon plot is utterly pointless and seems to have been added purely to give Billie something to do. The imps look quite good and the impmaster (if that's a word) is suitably strange but they don't serve any purpose at all. At least we get a power of three spell to kill the demon. About time!

Phoebe getting married is pretty lame. It takes up a lot of airtime without adding anything to the episode. Piper's speed dating event is fun but forgettable. And do we have to keep having these scenes of Paige shoving her tongue down someone's throat? I'd much rather the writers found her a proper boyfriend. Bring back Glen!

To finish on a positive, can I just say I really like Leo as a house husband. While he was good value last season as an elder and an avatar, this suits his character far better. It also brings out the best in Piper. Bless 'em both.

Score: 8.3moreless

Great episode, so glad the charmed ones are back and better !!

By charmed1102, Oct 06, 2010

Unaware that she is being watched, Billie jeopardizes the Charmed Ones' new lives when she uses her powers to save an innocent and is caught by Agent Murphy of Homeland Security, who has suspected all along that she and the "cousins" are involved in supernatural activities and that the Halliwell sisters are not dead. Meanwhile, Phoebe's overnight trip with Dex ends in marriage when she and Dex are put under a spell by Billie; and Piper and Paige organize a speed dating night at P3 to get the club back on its financial feet. Finally, the Charmed Ones and Leo permanently morph into their old identities !!!moreless

Out of characters... Now more than ever! Xd It's cool! Now we have them back! But once again... What the hell was that? Can they do some serios demons?? A conclusion to our problems!

By Lostfinding, Oct 06, 2010

At Last!! I think we love this episode just for that! xd. We knew they have to came back sometime! At last they realize the thing "how we are to do this?" I think is one of the mistakes that makes us think that the girls are so kind of Selfish monters... I NEVER would dare to make a charapter to do that. It means that they're so selfish enough to let people die for have a "normal" life. The idea damage the personality of three sisters! (Do you rembember apocalipse not!?? I was great that they were disposse to do that sacrifice...And now the don't wanna do it??) And for all that people that think that it was a stupid thing that they came back to their destiny ("they were trying seven years to be free...") I would say: "Would you be able to live knowing that people die because you wanna have a normal life??" Also they weren't figthing demons everysingleday!!! (I'm just mad that they were able to make the sisters do that! They wouldn't never do it!)

Let's talk about the episode...The Freaky **** Demons!! Why do they look so stupid!! Please we wanna see more powerful demons and wicca stories! the **** the little-inchs-things were so a great idea! they could have done something with it! And... I don't know why but the alley was horrible! (Bad photografy for the scene!) Do you remember when they used to film outside in streets, parks, etc... Wouldn't be perfect the inchs scene in the moonlight in apark!! yes, I would be!

But, in the other hand... the sister life scenes were well!! (why did Phoebe had the spell in her hand alredy in the last scene! Quite disgusting) I have to say that the effect ni front of the mirror when the say the spell was so bad! Just a freakin ligth? And in the last park...what's the sense of all the cameras!?

Also they should have feel a little more "I don't wanna hurt inocens" instead of "I'm not myself,I wanna chance". People's dying for your decision! How do the writers did it!? That are not our Charmed Ones!!

I think we have to get a 6 for the episode! I0m a truly lover of the 50& in charmed: We have a good 50% sisters-life but we've not a good 50% wicca-lifes! So that's why the episode is half done! Seeing the "imps"(I don't know hoe to write it) as a original idea I give a little mora than a five! Ok, that's it!

PD: Oh God!! I think this is the most bigger review that I made!! That's what happen when you do that to the wicca-charmed-world!moreless

Now that's more like it! Finally a good episode after a few mortifying ones!

Now that's Charmed we all know and like!

By stefan26sept, Jul 13, 2008

The end of our troubles! I can't say that it was completely perfect, but it's a start.

First of all, they are back, with their powers, full package! Finally! Then, the acting has improved. The sisters three finally act like they're supposed to after seven years, and Billie is also better.

I think that we'll be hearing more from this agent Murphy guy... But, this is the last episode with Jason Lewis! we got rid of him, everybody! :)

I really don't know what else to say, except... I'm about to watch the next episode and hope that it gets even better... LOL :)moreless

Billie jeopardizes the Charmed Ones' new lives when Agent Murphy spots her using her powers to save an innocent. Meanwhile, Phoebe's overnight trip with Dex comes to a surprising conclusion when Billie casts a spell to make her happy.

By Black_Grace, Apr 12, 2007

Great episode!! Billie is learning this witchcraft really fast!! I love how the Charmed got a plan and show themselves to everyone that thought they were dead and they are ok with it. Alot of agents are covering up for them. Frist Brody now Murphy, I bet it is because they are good looking. Dex and Phoebe or should I say Juilie get married! Dex fainted at the end and now he is going to dumb her just because she is a witch!moreless

Load More Reviews