The Courtship of Wyatt's Father

Episode Reviews (24)

Great

Making Love In The Ghostly Plane

By lenzinoH20, Sep 17, 2011

The Courtship of Wyatt's Father-Gideon makes a deal with the Darklighters to get rid of Leo, but they accidentally send Leo and Piper to the Ghostly plane, leaving Phoebe and Paige to believe that they are both dead. Meanwhile, Chris begins to disappear and reveals that he must be conceived before the night is over or he will vanish forever.

Finally, an episode to be taken seriously! Like I said before, Piper and Leo seem to be the only thing that makes sense on this series anymore and which is good for this episode which sees both taking up a good portion of the episode. It's rare seeing an episode that has one of the sisters and Leo in actually danger, seeing as how every demon that they sisters' face now a days vanquished with some potion or Piper blowing them up. I liked the Ghostly plane....okay, I loved it! The black and blue tint was brilliantly used, not to mention the lack of any human being being there gave the world an empty, errie...dare I say, dark feel for the episode. Sure we've seen darklighters go after Leo and the sistersbefore but fact that their trapped in another world, powerless and being hunted no less made it different and intriguing. I also just loved just watching the scenes between Piper and Leo, Holly and Brian still got it in the chemistry department and I like them slowly rekindling the flame they thought that was gone. This was a much better way of getting Piper and Leo back together instead that focred "I gonna wish my parents to sleep together" crap from last episode. Piper and Leo deserved more than that and for once, the writers see that too.

Meanwhile, Chris is slowing fading away....AWESOME! He even disappears for a good portion of the episode...almost like he was gone for good! Sigh. He returned moments later. The reveal of Gideon being behind the whole operation with the darklighters was a nice surprise....but I got to wonder, an Elder going bad and working with demons is BIG! How is it that Leo and the other Elders can't sense that one of them is evil? Or at least working behind their backs? Anyway, the episode ends with Piper finding out she's knocked up and Holly makes the best face when she sees Chris at the doorway. All and All, "The Courtship of Wyatt's Father" is a pretty good episode that has a dark(ish_ atmosphere with some nice performances from Holly and Brian.moreless

Existense of Chris!

By gopink, Jun 23, 2011

We found out that day is Chris to disappear forever and will not exist anymore unless his parents do it. Chris felt really weird and cant felt his body lot. Phoebe and Piper tried to help Chris, Leo, and Piper in this episode. Later, Chris are disappearing and can walk throught walls and needed help fast! Next morning, Piper and Leo did it, then Chris is back and his existense is good! Ending of this episode, Leo left his family behind to be full time elder. Leo took very hard! Also Phoebe and Paige had to tell Piper that she is pregnant and Chris is her second son. Great episode!moreless

Finally, Leo and Piper are together again, except only for a night, and not even on this plane, but beggars can't be choosers.

By iltarion, Jun 11, 2011

Chris-Crossed, I Dream of Phoebe, and this episode make Season 6 before the finale. I am surprised this episode is not rated among the best episodes of Charmed. It should be. Once again we have a darklighter after Leo. Except this time, with the help of a certain elder, the darklighter has teleported Leo and Piper into the ethereal plane where they don't have their powers. At the same time, we have the ticking clock winding down on Chris; Leo and Piper must renew their love for each other and consummate it, or Chris ceases to exist. No pressure.

The climactic scene between Piper and Leo is well-written and wonderfully acted. Holly and Brian have always had a fabulous chemistry between them. Frankly, it is about as moving a scene as you will find on Charmed, and it never feels contrived. More like, it is affirmation of what you already know; you know these characters love each other, and their separation is a sham.

That is not the only great scene in this episode. We have the final scene, which reveals Gideon as the central antagonist for the remainder of the season. Very effective.

We also have Leo and Gideon's talk on the bridge. Here we finally see all the sorrow and agony out of Leo that we didn't see at the end of Oh My Goddess. This is what we should have seen from the beginning. If the writers insist on Leo being away from Piper, I can understand why, but that doesn't mean Leo has to like it.

Lastly, we have the fantastic scene between the sisters as Phoebe and Paige reveal to Piper that Chris is her son and she is now pregnant with him. Holly, Alyssa, and Rose are amazing here, as usual, especially Holly, who obviously is a little more pregnant than she should be but no one cares. That awesome scene ends with Chris showing up and Piper finally seeing him as her son. It is a top 10 Charmed moment, easy.

Great stuff.moreless

No time like the present

By Blinksterboy, Jun 29, 2010

After last week's fun and games, Charmed turns darker than it's been all season for this one. It's a bold decision but a good one. It would have been all too easy to fill the hour with smutty jokes but instead we have one of the most sombre and emotional episodes in ages.

Rather cleverly, last week's subplot becomes this week's main plot, with poor Chris now having one day to get his parents together before he fades away completely. (I say "poor Chris", let's not forget he split them up in the first place.)

This puts Piper and Leo centre stage and, for once, their fans have something to cheer about. When Piper tries to blow up a baddie she plunges the two of them into an strange world called the ghostly plane. I wasn't expecting this at all and I found it totally gripping. Charmed isn't known for its surreal stage sets but this one is beautifully filmed; the blue filter and wistful music are spot on. Having the two of them alone for so long really works and when they kiss it doesn't feel at all rushed. Great acting and great direction.

The moment where Piper sees Chris as her son for the first time is very special. For once, there are no witty one liners or dodgy words of wisdom, just a long look between the two of them. All credit to Brad Kern for holding back on the script.

It's nice to see a few darklighters again (the ginger one can shoot me anytime); I've always preferred them to demons. They do need to give them more effective weapons though; in six years we haven't seen one kill a single whitelighter.

I guessed it was Gideon behind the plot but that shot of him walking out of the shadows still made me shiver. Can't wait to see how the season unfolds now.moreless

Charmed,is just really great T.V. I love it very much. I'm sure in 10-20 years people will go back and glean fun and cute things from it just like the writers did with "The courtship of Wyatt's father" very, very,fun.

By cbh1377, Aug 19, 2008

Charmed, the best thing that "used "to be on T.V. why did they take it off the air? We'er the girls's just tired of doing the same type of show? They are all such great actors even I can tell by watching the show they can do any thing that "Hollywood" gives them to do!!!!" Charmed is great. I get up on my days off (in the morring) to watch it and have all my work done (out side the house) to get home and watch the afternoon shows. The show about how chris got here is sooo sweet the writers " we'er the best!!!!!"moreless

I liked it, because i saw, what i was waiting for the long time...Leo is nice father and husband, i think.

By kinologe, Dec 09, 2007

I was waitting this episode for a long time, and at last i saw it.So, i think it was very interesting and nice episode.I like this film very much and i saw all episodes till now.I would like to send all episodes, but i have no time for this action.It is interestig how much seasons will be at all?!Here in Lithuania it is only 6-th season.Perhaps needs to ask my friend in USA, to send me all seasons dvd's :)But now, i don't have all serries so i want to see episodes here on TV com.And i am very thankful, that i can do this.moreless

Brilliant episode but who got the title ???

By charmed1102, Apr 30, 2007

A Darklighter named Damien, accidentally sends both Leo ) and Piper to the Ghostly plane, leaving Phoebe and Paige to believe that they are dead. Unbeknownst to everybody, Gideon has made a deal with the Darklighters to get Leo out of the way. Meanwhile, Chris does the math on his birth nad shockingly find out that he has to be conceived on less than the day to be alive and we all know what that means!!

It is time for Piper to know the truth. She will have another son and she has already met him. His name is Chris.

By CottonButtons, Mar 07, 2007

Piper and Leo need to make another baby...Chris. Pheobe and Paige make potions. Pheobe and Paige make romantic arrangements...nothing works.

Nope, it takes being chased by a darklighter and spending time in the ghostly realm to make it happen. There are some good scenes in this episode. They do a fairly good job at hiding the pregnacy. I enjoy the touching moments between Leo and Piper.

Nice allusion to the 1946 movie, "It's A Wonderful Life." Clarence strikes again and gives our "hero" another chance. I enjoy hearing the tinkling of the bells.

There is a nice play between the sisters at the end of the episode.

Overall...okay.moreless

One of the best this season! Chris's fate is decided..

By limegreenscream, Feb 23, 2007

This episode was fantastic!

The twist at the end with Gideon being the evil one was a shocker. (not literally, because I'd already read the spoilers, but if I hadn't, great story arc).

In this episode Gideon hires the darklighters to transport Leo into the ghostly plane and kill him. Unfortunatly for them Piper gets taken along. Chris slowly disapears but as Leo sits on deaths door he is conceived. Paige and Phoebe try to figure out a way to get Piper back, with help from Gideon along the way.

Eventually they are saved.. just in time.

At the end of the episode the charmed ones still do not know Gideon was responsible for the events, nor that Gideon has convinced Leo to go "up there" permenantly. It's a very humerous scene when Paige and Phoebe tell Piper Chris is her son.

Amoreless