Chicago Hope

Good
7.9

best drama series

By RonBateman, Apr 02, 2013

all i can say is that this show has real talented actors and scriptwriters. like the way the story goes which tackles the life of each character on the show, on how they face the problems in the hospital. ordered a dvd set of this show at memorylanedvd . com and package was absolutely brilliant! great quality!

Splitdecisions. Hemicoporectomy the show is normal good but lack of correct info is why i scored thisepisodelow

By AngelLincoln, Oct 17, 2011

I had this operation 5-2011. I was put in the hospital in March,. I had TONS of test run to be sure I could survive the operation,. In April I had the first part done which was to make places for bags on my stomach for pee and poo this took 8 hours. About 5 weeks Later in May I had the operation it took 13 hours, 28 units of blood. A total of 8 months hospital stay. 10 doctors to cover different areas. I also had many hours before and after of Pyschiatrist chats. The DRs done some dry runs on cadavers The CH made it all seem simple fast and over. I am working on my 2nd year of living as a Hemi and believe me it is not something that is just over. My site is hemicorporectomy.org and youtube linkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqwJyxtY9jEout of 200 people who had this done only about 28 lived and only 18 still alive in the world.

Angelmoreless

Classic, one of the best TV shows of all time

By _Tamm_, Mar 01, 2008

I love this show, and it would be so great if it would come back one day. ER is very similar to this show, but off course Chicago Hope is simply perfect. It's one of the few shows that has happy endings that I assumed and hoped that would be. That is making this show even better.

Great actors, great episodes, long-running show, a lot of twists, but the end is nice. I haven't missed any episode, and i would watch it again and again and it wouldn't be boring. It's one of the most influential shows, because after this show started ER, and not to mention The Scrubs. I really want it back. Perfect...moreless

Chicago Hope: the absolute best in hospital dramas, bar none! This show was the epitome of good drama!

By cuddles3, Jul 08, 2007

My favorite of all dramas, Chicago Hope. Can't beat the cast, the writing was out of this world A-1, & they got down to the nitty-gritty, every week! This was a show that could evoke a lot of emotions: it made me laugh, cry, stop & re-think my ethics, & I liked that! My favorite character was Dr. Jeffrey Geiger, the man was insane, complex & a genius. Mandy Patinkin rules! In fact, all the characters were well-cast, & combined with brilliant scripts, made this show the best of the best! This is one drama you need to watch, mama!moreless

Good Show.

By Bbrit1776, Apr 22, 2007

As you guys know Chicago Hope is now on Channel 279 DHC(Discovery Health Channel) on directv.com and it comes on at 5:00am Pacific time. Its a very good show. I was hoping to record them but I always sleep in and miss it every morning. So, hopefully after I record the american gladiators I can record Chicago Hope with out sleeping over.

A great, great hospital show that unfortunately started at the top of the game and went downhill over time.

By MissionMan56, Apr 17, 2007

When Chicago Hope premiered opposite E.R., I watched both and immediately decided that Hope was the better show. I was a fan of David E. Kelley to begin with, and I thought the cast of Mandy Patinkin, Adam Arkin, Peter MacNicol, Hector Elizondo and E.G. Marshall was first-rate.

If Patinkin (Dr. Jeffrey Geiger) had stayed with the show through its entire run, I would have rated the show much higher. He brought the arrogance necessary to any top-flight heart surgeon, along with the pathos of a man coping with his wife's insanity. In my opinion, Patinkin delivered one of the finest character portrayals I've ever seen in television -- and I am an actor who tends to be extremely critical of other actors. The episodes in which he was allowed to sing are all personal favorites, as I think Patinkin has one of the greatest voices America has ever produced.

Adam Arkin (Dr. Aaron Shutt) has always been a personal favorite of mine, and this show is no different. He managed to counterbalance Patinkin nicely. Arkin, Elizondo and MacNicol seemed to provide most of the humor in the show.

The later additions of Christine Lahti and Peter Berg helped, but I can't say much for Mark Harmon and Rocky Carroll. Other cast members were adequate -- nothing special, but they didn't hurt either.

The writing also suffered as the seasons passed, mainly due to Kelley's overloaded schedule. As with any of his shows, the more involved he was, the better the show was.

At any rate, watch any of the episodes in the first two years and you'll see a great hospital show. Watch the later ones, and it's a bit more hit and miss.

All in all, a great show that lived up to its potential early, but leveled off over time. Still worth watching however, so catch it on Discovery Health -- especially the episodes with Geiger.moreless

A brilliant show that never quite reached its potential for some reason.

By BAUCTU, Mar 19, 2007

I loved Chicago Hope and couldn't believe it's ratings in the US were so bad that it got cancelled too soon. Although the cast in the last year as so weren't as strong as the early days.

For me Chicago Hope is all about Jeffery Geiger! I loved that man, Mandy Patinkin does crazy very well. It was also great to get the opportunity to hear him sing so often. mandys portrayal of Geiger made me feel for him in such a strong way. It's not often an actor can bring such a troubled character to live in that way.

One of the saddest times in the show was when the 'Eel' died. It takes a lot to make me cry but I'll admit to a few tears then.

It's hard to understand how the show wasn't a bigger success, it had a strong cast and some great characters. It had the cutting edge medical stuff and enough of the personal stuff (not too much!) to make a great mix. I guess some shows just for whatever reason don't become the success they should. i hope it gets a repeat somewhere soon!moreless

To me this was one of the good shows of the 1990's, but since the major characters like Hyland and Kronk were absent, it kinda went downhill, The lives and Loves of Chicago Hope as well as the patients reminds you of a latter day Grey's Anatomy i think.

By jensybob, Feb 07, 2007

The day to day running of Chicago Hope - Mandy Patinkin, Thomas Gibson and Peter Berg and Rocky Carroll to name a few, it definately reminds me of Grey's Anatomy, including the in fighting between the doctors and the surgeons and how certain illnesses affect them (Nyland looking after the coma patient after his own accident).

In a way it became a bit unrealistic, Geiger losing the plot and then suddenly returning, that wouldnt happen in a hospital in Scotland i dont think!

But, seeing the ins and outs of the patients, and the doctors of Chicago Hope certainly got me tuned in, especially as i started watching it at 13!!! they should bring it back in reruns, as id certainly watch it!!moreless

On most counts Chicago Hope beats ER

By tbipenguin, Jan 24, 2007

Chicago Hope had everything that is ER from the emergencies of a major hospital to the drama of watching doctors & nurses saving lives. So you weren't missing out there. But what it did more than the more popular brand of medical drama was bring the characters to us in a more personalable level. You really genuinely care about these doctors & their everyday lives. Both shows, Chicago Hope & ER started around the same time for us in 1994 but something about Chicago Hope made it an all time favourite and many of the actors who played in it have become much admired to me. Thats something that ER failed to do. Whether it was the constant ER rushing around "STAT STAT STAT" that it so famously loves to do or the characters who don't grab you by the heart strings, something about Chicago Hope just makes it that much better as a medical drama.moreless

Load More Reviews