Chuck Versus the Cat Squad

Episode Reviews (5)

Great

Better than recent episodes

By bobfrapples8, Apr 09, 2011

I think I enjoyed this episode because for the first time in a long time, Chuck wasn't obsessing about his mother. I like Linda Hamilton but I just haven't bonded with her portrayal of Mary Bartowski. This episode features the reunion of the C.A.T. Squad, Sarah's former CIA team which includes the return of Carina, the one-time Morgan fling. As it turns out the team is long on hot looks but not so stout in the friendship department as one of their members is believed to be a double agent.

The episode also featured the advancement of some relationships as Morgan and Alex almost break up due to Carina's interference but wind up escalating their connection in parallel with Chuck and Sarah advancing their wedding train with their engagement party and Sarah coming to terms with some past issues and asking Ellie to be her made of honor.

Lastly we have a fairly lame attempt at sweeps week hype with the guest casting of Lou Diamond Phillips. Not sure if he was miscast or misused but it just didn't work.moreless

Going through the motions.

By frostbite200, Apr 09, 2011

Enjoyed it, but it could have been so much more.

I hate to point this out, but what did this episode do that hasn't been done before?

While the opening sequence was fun, that all it was and if it was a figment of Morgan's imagination (like the Hart to Hart dream in Role Models) like they implied, than why was he surprised by Chuck saying Carina was one of them?

I like concept of the C.A.T squad and it was actually a fun idea, the overall plot points and twist of this episode seem done before. One thing that I did like about this episode was the fact the Alex got a decent -even if it was the B plot- story to work with, instead of a one or two throw away scenes. But while I liked the attention she got, the plot wasn't really anything worth showing, trust issues with an Ex...sigh

Along with betrayal amongst the C.A.Ts (I figured out who it was after about 5 mins) and walking into the bad guy's club and it turn out it's a trap, plus the drama between Chuck and Sarah was a little on the BTDT side as well.

Last there was the "climactic" show down at the Buy More, which was a fault of the direction and writing, not the one party in particular.

In the end it was an average episode, that really needed some work in almost all facets.moreless

Chuck tries to surprise Sarah by calling up her old team. However, when things start to go wrong they end up in Rio looking for deadly criminal Alejandro Gaez.

By LucasBezerra, Apr 09, 2011

While I liked the idea of the CATs and I enjoyed Carina's role in this episode, there were some things that were major flaws in this episode. First, I feel obliged to comment on Sarah and Zondra's "sparring session" - it was unrealistic, sloppy, and looked more like two five-year-olds fighting than two professional spies.

However, the greatest problem with this episode was the scenes in "Rio." Firstly, Lou Diamond Phillips's accent doesn't go anywhere near what a Brazilian accent sounds like. Secondly, the so-called party looked nothing at all like a party in Rio, and looked more like a "Brazilian Culture Appreciation Dance" than a legitimate Brazilian party. Even the background music was off: it sounded more like an American attempt at Spanish or Italian than Portuguese.

In spite of these flaws, I enjoyed this episode. I think Alex was brought in nicely and created a contrast with Carina's imposing, seductive personality. Morgan and Alex's relationship took a step forward (finally), while Chuck and Sarah resolved some of their issues. The "villain" of the episode was quite obvious, but it was entartaining to see Chuck guess which CAT was the bad one the first time, when he thought it was Amy because "no one's that perky." All in all, a good episode, but Chuck has seen better days.moreless

Decent Episode... Exploring more into Sarah's past!

By LauraMooney8, Apr 09, 2011

I liked how the focus was more on Sarahs past, as for most of the season it has been on Chucks.. That has been great, now i am hoping it can be in relation of Sarah's past.

Carina, Zonda and Amy show up.. Its a very different side to the show and Sarah... It was good fun and interesting to explore.

I liked how they became her bridesmaids. I also enjoyed seeing the developing relationship betwenn Sarah and Normal life, and, Sarah and Ellie - with her becoming her maid of honour.

Hopefully later in the season we will see the reappearance of Sarah's dad and maybe the intro of her mother..

Overall pretty decent episode..

Good to see more intersect usage too :)moreless