Willkommen

Episode Reviews (6)

Great

When a gun is found hidden in a piece of prop furniture, the team re-opens the murder of Dennis Hofferman.

By luckydagangsta, Jun 12, 2008

Dennis is shot in the chest outside the theater right before he is suppose to go on stage in his first performance. At first, it was thought to have been a robbery, but after the gun is found in a piece of furinture used during the prodution, the suspects quickly turn to his fellow actors.

It was sad to see Dennis die right before he lived his dream of performing. The reason he was killed is very convincing because people will do anything if they think it will advance their careers. When in reality the person didn't even get their dream so they took his away for absolutely nothing.

Definitely a wonderful and tragic episode.moreless

The premise that the killer would go into his act during the confession is beyond silly.

By Lilliebelle, May 11, 2006

The most touching aspect of this episode was the fiance discovering her intended's tribute in the program at the end. Other than that, there was little to redeem this episode. Since the storyline dealt with actors, it's plausible there'd be a dramatic flair to the characters. However, the revelation of the killer and his outburst seemed contrived at best. Injecting the information about Nick in "Grease" was a nice touch. The actor who played a novice actor/victim was convincing as a nice guy who likes to perform. That he would be swept away by the dazzle of footlights and temporarily abandon his fiance seemed logical. The killer's motives nor his escaping detection did not.moreless

Acting holds still for so-so episode

By JPPT1974, Apr 26, 2006

The acting made up a lot for the not so

Good episode despite it being not one of the best

As the team's personal lives didn't get mentioned like it does

On each and every show and instead concentrated on the case

Nick was indeed funny saying he brought the house down during a performance of Grease as the team tried to figure

Out about his personal life and his newly estranged wife also.

One of the worst episodes of television I've ever seen!

By Margaretthem, Apr 03, 2006

I had never watched this show before, but decided to give it a go and watched this episode of Cold Case called Willkommen. I can't even describe how bad it was. It had to be some of the worst, most cliched television writing I've seen in a long while. And the acting wasn't much better. There was actually a scene where the two policewomen get a confession out of the killer in literally 90 seconds. How do they do it? By insulting him that he could "never have been a good actor" and "could never have handled the spotlight" which prompts the guy to scream (in one of the worst bad acting moments of the year) "You're WRONG! I could have been the BEST!" and he then proceeds to deliver lines from the musical "Cabaret" which their community theater had produced like 10 years earlier. Believability isn't this show's strong suit.

All in all, one of the most entertaining (for the WRONG reason though) hours I've seen on television. It was THAT bad.moreless

Maybe it was just the acting.

By sheilamb5, Apr 03, 2006

This is one of my favorite shows and it is disappointing when these episodes air. Maybe it is that they are too far fetched, seemed like a filler episode or that the casting director has run out of decent actors (the acting seemed exaggerated to me) but this is the kind of episode that makes me want that hour back.

Pretty good episode

By angelspinknose, Apr 03, 2006

I laughed when Nick said he brought the house down with his 8th grade production of Grease. I'm glad they glossed over his separation with his wife. I like the show to focus on the cases not the personal lives of the detectives. Lily's sister story line was really boring.