Pilot

Episode Reviews (17)

Great

How Are \"FICTONAL\" Country Should Be!

By macallengirl28, May 01, 2006

The Pilot of Commander In Chief is one to remember. Not many times have we seen a vice president take the oath of office, especially a female vice president. Commander In Chief make fiction, a very possible realty. Some people wouldn\'t even think twice about have a female president, without diagreeing. Commander In Chief opens doors to people everywhere to do as they please in the politacial world, expressing that sex, does not matter.

Very impressed.

By LoNELy_BAGeL, Feb 12, 2006

I must say after watching the Pilot for Commander in Chief, I was extremeley impressed. Geena Davis' acting skills are fantastic (I now see why she won her golden globe), compared to a few years ago when she starred in the poorly rated 'The Geen Davis Show.' I was also quite suprised that a drama like this hadn't been done before now. Maybe now with this show, there may well be a Female President in 2008. I really did think they would have made a bigger deal out of her becoming the first famile President. Overall, I thought that Geena Davis convincingly played MacKenzie Allen, and I will be watching the rest of the series in the future. I can only hope that it continues to get better with each episode.moreless

Cic rocks!!

By sweetromanza, Feb 02, 2006

Very good and tough pilot. I have never seen Geena Davies like this. it makes me think of Meredith Brooke's song.. She's a mother, a person, a human being, a carriers woman, a vice president, a sinner, someone who doubts, and she transmits that feeling really well. I am glad to see that a woman with such power can show that she isn't perturbed by the humps of life even during the Investiture Speech. I am willing to see what is going to happen after.

Some people say this series is to favour a woman's candidature to the White House. Why not? I am willing to see that coming, even if I am not american. Everything that happens in the US has repercussions in the rest of the world.

Talking about the rest of the world, in this first episode, the matter is in nigeria. I really want to see how Mackenzie Allen is going to deal with other sensitive problems in the world schema of security.moreless

Hail the Chief!

By lovethalis, Dec 23, 2005

Here we have the first episode of a groundbreaking show with a groundbreaking concept. A female President? Will it work? Can it work? Will the most powerful nation flounder with a leader who can once a month go AWOL and blame it on PMS? :) Commander in Chief brings us a new idea that has been toyed with before but we've yet to see in our generation. Kudos to ABC for being adventurous! And what can we say about the casting? A better candidate than Geena Davis for the role of Ms. Prez could not have been found! She brings intelligence, along with poise and elegance to such a significant role. I'm curious to see how far this show will go, what storylines will be explored, and how for how long ABC will support it, but as for me, "they had me at 'the oath'!"moreless

CIC, para ser una serie que apuesta por la innovacion, no ha cumplido con las exigencias del publico. Al menos, este comienzo ha sido demasiado flojo para el teleespectador.

By ltorress, Nov 13, 2005

Allen se convierte en la primera Presidente mujer de los EUA, debido al fallecimiento del presidente en funciones. Sin embrago, sus inicios tienen graves contratiempos pues no cuenta con el apoyo de su partido, y menos aun de los contrarios. Y, si a ello sumamos que su hija no es afecta a la diplomacia politica, y el escaso don de mando que podria obtener en operaciones militares, todo indicaria que la pronta renuncia debe darse; mas Allen, mujer con larga trayectoria laboral y educativa, se enfrentara a los grandes retos que representa el dirigir un pais que, actualmente, define el actuar del mundo.

Dejando atras el resumen del primer episodio, no entusiasma la historiapresentada, pues la trama no es oscura, mas bien se desarrolla en un entorno suave, con poca crudeza politica y mucho tono rosa de familia y simpatias.

Escenas como el poco movimiento alrededor del despacho presindecial hace pensar que no trabajan, o que todo se desarrolla en un orden de dependencia no gubernamental. Falta accion a la serie.

El inicio d la trama tambien deja mucho que desear: rescataremos a una mujer que va a ser apedreada a como de lugar, pero mantendremos nuestras posiciones militares a cualquier precio. Ese doble discurso no es creible. Ademas, esa escena del helicoptero y sus rescatistas hace recordar a "Spy game". Eso es algo que no-se-debe-hacer en un primer capitulo.

Por ultimo, la escena del discurso es para reir. ¿Es que todos estan sentados, sin mencionar palabra alguna durante su interlocucion? ¿Es posible que le corten el discurso a un presidente de EUA? Por favor, mas seriedad para con los televidentes.

Esperemos que, al ser el primer capitulo, mejore en los siguientes episodios. Con mucha cautela seguire comentando esta serie, que no deja de ser punto a comparar con The West Wing.moreless

Superb! Bravo, bravo!

By threechinamen, Oct 05, 2005

This show is terrific. I especially enjoyed Ted Porter in the roll of Limo Agent Elderson. He's perfect for it, since the character's first name is Ted, too! Ha ha! Really though, I've been looking for Ted Porter's face ever since I saw the film "These Angels are Cruel", and I was so glad when I found out he's in the show.

Female Vice-Presidant must make a choice.

By Kyara1980, Oct 04, 2005

I'm very excited to see a show about a female president! I'm not American, and I don't care about presidency and all that, but I think it would be really great to see a woman in office. I've seen some of the reviews of this show and the ignorant things some of the males have had to say... and I think it's sad. This show isn't bringing our TV back 100 years, the male views is bringing human life back 100 years. It's about equal rights. And I'm excited about this show! I think it will make a great series and I *hope* that it will do well. If not to show men out there that women can have power, and they can do it as well as, if not better than, a man. We need more shows like this. We need less sexist people, too.moreless

With this person president let's turn our country over to the Terrorists, we'd be better off!

By 20647563517140431437803613064735-JCRauch, Oct 02, 2005

I have seen many things that Geena Davis has done, and enjoyed most of it. This however is not her best work! If this is the type of show that Ms Davis will be putting out now I must say that I have to alter my high opinion of this fine actress. This was quite obviously a ploy to promote Hitlery for the next president. All I can hope for is a quote from the original Hawkeye from the movie M*A*S*H Donald Sutherland, to save us from her. This show put quality television back 100 years, and that's saying a lot since television programming has yet to reach that landmark year. In my humble opinion, cancel this show before everyone turns to cable, movies & DVDs permanently - forcing all to pay to have quality television in their living room, rather than what we have become accustomed to these past 30 plus years.moreless

This show is obviously aimed at Hitlery Clinton for President - G_d help us is that happens!

By JCRauch2, Oct 02, 2005

Geena Davis was a great actress - until now! This has her prostitute herself as a political pawn to get Hitlery Clinton elected in 2008. I for one do not want to see the Hildabeast as president. If they would have leaned more toward a Condoleezza Rice and less than Hitlery it would be a much better show. If this is the type of show that Ms Davis will be putting out now I must say that I have to alter my high opinion of this fine actress. This was quite obviously a ploy to promote Hitlery for the next president. All I can hope for is a quote from the original Hawkeye from the movie M*A*S*H Donald Sutherland, to save us from her. This show put quality television back 100 years, and that\'s saying a lot since television programming has yet to reach that landmark year. In my humble opinion, cancel this show before everyone turns to cable, movies & DVDs permanently - forcing all to pay to have quality television in their living room, rather than what we have become accustomed to these past 30 plus years.moreless

Commander-In-Chief Pilot Episode

Geena Davis in the role of President of the United States?

By jillster, Oct 02, 2005

I viewed this episode out of curiosity. Before tuning into the program, my first thought was my hesitancy in Geena Davis playing such a role. She has been in a number of fun flicks that are always enjoyable to me. However, I somehow could not envision her in this role.

I felt perplexed as to the believability of Geena playing the role of President of the United States. I was amazed that Ms. Davis gave a stunning and convincing characterization in this role. I liked the candor she demonstrated with her family as a mom and a wife. It illustrated the humanness as a woman, a mom and a leader. She also portrayed frankness and directness with her staff, cabinet members, etc.

Personable, honest, and professional along with a desire to do what is right will perhaps win over the audience of this upcoming television drama as Geena Davis characterizing the President of the United States. I believe the series has promise.

I plan on tuning in and viewing the events surrounding a presidency and the issues around a woman being in that position.

moreless