It's Official: Community Will Return for Season 6 on Yahoo

By Kaitlin Thomas

Jun 30, 2014

If you thought the greatest thing that was going to happen to you today was finding that uneaten bagel on the sidewalk, you were WRONG. Because today is the day Community fans have been waiting for since NBC unceremoniously canceled the series in May after five seasons. Yahoo has announced that it's picked up the fan favorite series for Season 6, keeping the familiar #sixseasonsandamovie campaign alive. 

After talks with Hulu broke down last week (Hulu has the exclusive online streaming rights to Community's first five seasons), the show's Season 6 prospects weren't looking too good, but Jeff must have given one hell of a passionate speech to the folks at Yahoo, because Season 6 is now officially happening.

WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR:

– There will be 13 all-new episodes (!!!) 

– The episodes will air this fall on Yahoo Screen

– Stars Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, Yvette Nicole Brown, Danny Pudi, Alison Brie, Ken Jeong, and Jim Rash will all return

– Series creator and showrunner Dan Harmon will also return alongside executive producers Russ Krasnoff, Gary Foster, and Chris McKenna

– The characters might be able to swear!

WHAT WE STILL DON'T KNOW:

– Anything about Yahoo Screen

– Anything about whether or not the "and a movie" part of #sixseasonsandamovie will happen

– Whether or not this new format will lend itself to more creative freedom (and it's arguable that Community already had the most creative freedom of any network comedy on television), or whether a relaxation in network standards will ultimately become a burden for the series. Remember how excited we all were for Arrested Development on Netflix and then it arrived and it sometimes it felt like a chore to get through an episode? Let's hope that Jeff and the rest of the Greendale Gang don't follow in those footsteps.

Are you excited for Season 6 of Community?

• Comments (175)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • angelman50 Nov 29, 2014

Great now I can stop spending so much time in my dreamatorium imaging season 6 episodes and wondering what they'll do for the movie. (I believe for the movie, Jeff will marry one of 3 people._.Annie, Britta, or by some bizarre accident (or elaborate scheme) the dean.

• eaglesear Sep 13, 2014

Could anybody please remove this "(ended 2014)"-nonsense in the page header? It's hurting my eyes. :) SIXSEASONSANDAMOVIE!

• chris101blahblahblah Sep 05, 2014

I LOVE these guys , and i'm thrilled to see what's next !

• ForeverUnknown Jul 03, 2014

I really hope Troy is coming back tho... I miss the Trobed duo :(

• ForeverUnknown Jul 03, 2014

I knew it. I totally knew it. This show just keeps bouncing back. I give it 12 MeowMeowBeenz (ya thats right i hacked the game and now you can go up to 12 Beenz :P)

• slayme3 Jul 09, 2014

I wouldn't say you so much hacked the game, as subtly changed it, to allow for 12 meow-meow deans now.

• ForeverUnknown Jul 09, 2014

true. Also it's 'beenz` not 'deans' :P

• riot76ad Jul 15, 2014

No no, it's totally 'deans' now

• ForeverUnknown Jul 19, 2014

only if it's a spn reference

• nguyentranvulam Jul 03, 2014

It will be great if Troy and Abed back! I love the Troy and Abed things! :))

• jaedongranger Jul 02, 2014

Are we sure Brie is coming back? She's the only main cast member not to tweet anything about the show coming back.

• eaglesear Sep 13, 2014

Yes, we are. Dan Harmon confirmed it via twitter: "The rumor about Alison Brie not returning is utterly, 100 percent false. I'd add a joke but I don't want to be unclear. She's coming back!"

• CharmedOneP391 Jul 02, 2014

Leonard likes this post

• Espi Jul 01, 2014

Cool. Cool cool cool.

• ted2332 Jul 01, 2014

I had never heard of Yahoo Screen but now I love it :)

• mathgirljk Dec 06, 2014

Yahoo Screen is my new favorite thing! On a related note, anybody know how to get Yahoo screen?

• See More Comments (89)