Community: Watch the Newer, Epic-er, Darker Trailer for Season 5 (VIDEO)

By Tim Surette

Dec 12, 2013

There, there, there. We all lost a part of ourselves while begrudgingly trudging through the sludge that was Community's fourth season. But I'm here to tell you that everything is going to be okay. Dan Harmon is back, Jeff Winger is a teacher, and Community's fifth season will be great. How do I know? "Jeff, please catch this guy. The quarter... it touched my butt's mouth." 

It's amazing how a two-and-a-half-minute trailer can offer a glimpse into the insane genius of a man's mind, but Community is so obviously back to form and in the right hands that I'm thrilled. It's good to have you back, funny version of Community. Oh hey! The first three episodes of Community's fifth season are right here on my desk! Should I watch them?

Community returns January 2 on NBC with back-to-back episodes starting at 8pm. 

• Comments (81)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • MarleeCouch Dec 17, 2013

I like how they make Donald Glover basically attack himself by attacking Zach Braff. Also, where is your desk located and would you happen to notice if those Community episodes went missing? Cause if they do, it wasn't me and I'll return them shortly.

• fidgetyfoe Dec 15, 2013

Am I right to assume all this happens in the first five episodes because Donald Glover is only in those five, or is he scattered throughout the season?

• DavidJackson8 Dec 16, 2013

Dan Harmon said outright that Glover will be in the first five, then gone. No stretching it out.

• slipknot1485 Dec 13, 2013

I am super pumped about this season. The 1st trailer looked awesome like a movie. This one is even better. Are they playing Lava floor?! POP POP! Come on who here hasen't pretended when they were young that the floor was lava & you had to stay off it. This is gonna be cool cool cool. #SixSeasonsAndAMovie

• TrevPlatt Dec 13, 2013

This is the greatest show on Earth.

• nexpose Dec 13, 2013

Looks great. When it says something about timeline though I hope it's just better than any timeline thing and not a far out timeline since that wasn't my bag. And if it'd pretty much be all Greendale based that'd be awesome.

• hairy_gizmo Dec 13, 2013

Chair-walkers :-) :-) :-)

• DavidJackson8 Dec 13, 2013

"From the executive producer of Community seasons 1-3..."

Haha, that actually made me laugh the hardest. While it's technically correct, I love that the people involved in making this trailer included that tidbit, as if they HAD to separate the garbage that was season 4.

• Faithin1 Dec 13, 2013

Oh hey! The first three episodes of Community's fifth season are right here on my desk! Should I watch them?

No, you should overnight them to me. Or yes, watch them, THEN overnight them to me.

• JayAtkinson Dec 13, 2013

"The quarter.... it touched my butt's mouth!" --- And with that, my hope and faith in Community has been restored!

• zaidghazi Dec 13, 2013

I love it when they make these type of dark trailers. They did the same when community season 3 had to return from a long haitus.
    Now I'm sure that there infact, WILL be six seasons and a movie. Now I can rest in peace.

• See More Comments (34)