Good
7.3

Inseption

By sh811a, Feb 07, 2013

This is another of my personal favorate epiosdes, it's just a great because it both satires and parodies on the suspense thriller genere along with it's elements and cleches. This is something not parodied much the only other one I can think of is the movie "Burn After Reading".

There are a lot of great moments like Jeff going in slow motion about to save Annie from an unspetacular model car explossion. I really loved the back and forth between both Annie and Jeff, I liked that there was a bit of sexual tention overtone thoughout it, which is true in most suspense thrillers, for some reason dangerous thrilling experences make both the boy and girl duo hot for one another.

And of course there are two of my favorate moments. One, which of course is typical chase scene, but this was a great chase scene because of how non cleche and daft it was. Instead of running though a city each of them had to crawl though a blanket fort. I'll admit that blanket fort Abed and Troy built I thought looked cool, just the way it's detailed in archetechture and what was in there, it really looked and felt like it could be a funtional city. But anyway, this chase scene is both thrilling and funny because it's also kinda the slowest chase I've ever seen, well their all crawling you can only go so fast. However to make this chase intersting was the fact that it including the cleche of things just coming out of nowhere, which is always just a device just to create dificulty for the pursuers; one of those was some sort of parade which was hillarous not just because that's also common in suspense thrillers but just the fact they can even have a parade at all in such small space.

And of course it gets down to the final moment which is my favorate where Annie, Jeff, and the Dean are just pointing guns at one another and shooting. This I found hillarous because it parodies on how sometimes when the main protagonist is gunned down but then miraculously survives, as well as the twists/reveals at the very end. What were seeing at the end is basically a twist within a twist, scheme within a scheme, man wrap your head around that.

moreless

Fantastic

By efonsecajr, Sep 05, 2012

This is excellent from start to finish. More like these please.

Great episode

By Mischa, Dec 16, 2011

Jeff invents a class and gets caught by the dean. During his attempt to prove he was actually taking the "Conspiracy" class he made up, Jeff's story is surprisingly confirmed by the also fictional professor, "Professor Professorson." Hilarity ensues as Jeff, Annie and the Dean attempt to unravel this homespun conspiracy, the answer to which does not disappoint. While Jeff and Annie are off chasing their tails, Abed and Troy construct a giant blanket fort so complex I would have gladly crawled around in there for hours. Sadly, Abed and Troy can't stand anything too "mainstream". Overall, this is the kind of episode that makes me love community. We get introduced to a fun new character or two (Professorson), the study group splits up and and we get multiple good plotlines, and we get plenty of Abed and Troy. Really the only thing I would have liked more of in this episode was Pierce.moreless

Blanket Fort!

By Sami5118, Aug 30, 2011

This was one of my favorite episodes of the season. Jeff gets in trouble for taking a class that doesn't exist, but gets help from a mysterious Professor Professorson who says that he has been taking that class at night. Jeff later confesses that he has never seen Professor Professorson before, so he and Annie decide to investigate. Meanwhile, Troy and Abed build the biggest blanket fort Greendale has ever seen. After watching that, I really want to build a blanket fort now. My favorite lines:

Abed: Welcome to Funkytown. No smoking, no farting, no pillow fighting.

Annie: We're in a chase!

Abed: That's allowed.

Abed: You can't be in here Leonard. You already have three farting strikes against you.

One of the best of the season. 10/10moreless

An episode perfect for conspiracy nuts and Community Fans alike! [Spoiler Alert]

By boneslover4, Apr 08, 2011

I have to say, although not as good as last week's bottle episode, I thoroughly enjoyed this weeks conspiracy episode. I could see many of the conspiracies coming however I loved Annie, Jeff, and the Dean trying to pull one over each other. I ESPECIALLY loved the Dean's freakout at the end! For some reason I enjoyed it immensely! I also enjoyed the moments between Annie and Jeff. The writer's really did just leave their relationship alone. But like every single other little detail on the show, I shouldn't have fretted. The writers never seem to leave little things alone. I'm glad they decided to come back to it! I also noticed Brita noticing that spark between Jeff and Annie in the final scenes. I, personally am more of a Jeff/Brita fan, but if the writers are leaving that alone and still letting Brita recover from the whole fiasco of the last season finale, I suppose I can to. It'll get resolved eventually. Speaking of leaving things alone. I found it very odd that Pierce didn't speak at all during the episode. Perhaps, it's just me being paranoid, the writer's making the viewer think that there is a subplot that is being hidden, or he just simply had nothing to say (however, 'old man says' says differently). I still think something was going on. Especially at the end in the blanket fort, Pierce and Shirley were wearing those fast food t-shirts. What and why? I mean normally Shirley and Pierce do not have storylines together. And what possessed Brita to finally show up at Troy and Abed's blanket fort? And is it my imagination or just my paranoia, but Brita said "Heey guys" waay too calmly. I really hope that the writers come back to it... or point it out. Or I suppose they could just stick with the whole conspiracy plot and never tell us. But with the writers of Community, I have a feeling that they will at least refer to it once in the episodes to come. I hope. Finally, Abed and Troy's blanket fort. Two words: Freaking awesome! I seriously want to build a blanket fort now. Troy and Abed will never cease to amaze me. Now my friends I will leave you with one thing. The truth is out there. Or is it?moreless