Football, Feminism and You

Trivia, Quotes, Notes and Allusions

Quotes (21)

• (Annie storms away from Jeff) Jeff: (Calls after her) Yeah, don't bother trying that thing that women do where they walk away and make the guy feel like crap because it won't happen! Yeahh..! Dammit.

• Jeff: Look. The Dean has picture of me, okay? Horrible pictures of me...attending his school!

• Annie: (Pops out of a bush) A-ha! I've been following you! How much did the Dean pay you to make Troy play football? Jeff: I'm not having a conversation with someone who emerges from a bush.

• Troy: Class blows. What I need to know about the universe is that I am the center of it!

• Shirley: I like you too. I like that you're a little hard. But if you can't learn to be soft in there, you need to pee alone. Britta: I've peed alone my whole life. Women have always hated me. I don't even know how it started, maybe it was when I got boobs before everyone- Shirley: Shhhh! Not out here. (Motions to bathroom) In there.

• Shirley: That is the lady's room, Britta. A place where ladies go to share, listen, support each other, and discretely eliminate waste.

• Jeff: You'd be surprised at how many of your favorite football players got started at Community College. Troy: (Skeptical) Really? Name one. Jeff: Who's your favorite player? Troy: Me. Whoaaa!

• Troy: I miss knowing what to think. Jeff: You still know what to think, Troy. Troy: Oh. Good.

Show More Quotes

Notes (2)

• Original International Air Dates:
    Canada: October 22, 2009 on Citytv
    Latin America: March 11, 2010 on Sony Entertainment Television (a.k.a. Canal Sony)
    Sweden: March 8, 2010 on TV6
    Czech Republic: December 28, 2012 on SMICHOV

• Although credited, Ken Jeong (SeƱor Chang) does not appear in the episode.

Trivia (2)

• During this episode, Troy asks Jeff how he knows that his nickname in high school was "T-Bone"; also, at the end of the episode, when Troy and Abed take over the PA system, Troy refers to himself as "The Disco Spider". These two nicknames are both mentioned in a rap he and Abed did at the end of Episode 2, which starts with (translated from Spanish) "Where is the library, my name is T-Bone, the disco spider."

• Troy's last name is Barnes.

Allusions (3)

• Dean Pelton: Whoa! Yoko Ono much? As Annie discourages Troy from reviving his football career, Dean Pelton alludes to Yoko Ono, wife of the late rock legend John Lennon. Some music fans have blamed Ono for the breakup of the Beatles.

• Dean Pelton: If you said 'stop,' he'd say 'hammer time.' "Stop... hammer time!" is a popular catchphrase borne out of the song "U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer from his 1990 album Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em.

• Jeff: I'm not having a conversation with someone who emerges from a bush. Annie: Because I'm right? Jeff: No, because I'm not in a commercial for a breakfast cereal. In the Trix cereal "Trix are for kids!" commercials, the Trix rabbit is seen coming out of a bush trying to steal the children's cereals.