Introduction to Finality

Episode Reviews (9)

Good

Good episode, disappointing for a finale

By Romano338, Dec 07, 2013

Good episode of Community, but not for a finale. I was expecting more for a last episode of a season.

But the episode is a good one, I just think it was more the type of episode you would find during a season.

KonstantinK > maybe because people are able to rank things, and not put 10 to something they like and 1 to something they didn't like? People are able to judge objectively episodes, not like you :/

Great episode

By KonstantinK, Feb 03, 2013

I really don't understand how anyone could not give this a 10? It was an awesome season finale for sure!

A Premature Farewell to Community

By Rachee15, Jun 10, 2012

A solid episode and wrap up considering they thought this would be the last show. So sad Dan Harmon departs but I'll be back for Season 4.......awesome!!!

Favorite Superhero

By FX, Jun 05, 2012

Brittas favorite superhero is X-man. Pretty funny, except there is a marvel superhero called X-Man. Real (fictional) name is Nate Grey. First appearance was in X-Man issue 1 in 1995. Age of Apocalypse story arc that crossed into the X-Men world.

Just saying....

If this was the series final I would have been happy (thank God it's not)

By Gilda, May 22, 2012

Well with the fear that this was going to be the series final if the show didnt get a fourth season it does have alot of closure. But at the same time it does show hints to possible storylines for season four.

Well alot of time has passed since the last episode because apparently it is set during a time when they are ready to take their finals for their summer session bio course and there are three story lines going on in this episde:

1) Shirley and Pierce go to Greendale's Summer Funtime Court to see who gets full ownership to their sandwhich shop. Jeff reluctantly represents Shirley (he would much rather study for his bio final) and he is up against Alan who we havent seen since "Accounting for Lawyers"

2) Abed having gone crazy with the absence of Troy seeks Britta (with her psych skills) to help him cope. But the session turns into something from Silence of the Lambs and Abed ends up swapping places with Evil Abed and goes off to try to make the main timeline the worst one. (and to start this he plans on cutting Jeffs arm off!)

3) Troy is now appart of the air conditioning school annex and has to find a way to get out of what is pretty much a cult

So as you can see alot of stuff happens in this episode and each story line has some very fun parts. Story one was good in testing Jeff's lawyer skills and seeing how much he will let Alan control his choices in this case. Story two was funny although i do wish Evil Abed was around longer. And Troys story was also good and it was fun to see the weird things that go on in the Annex and to see Troy become their "messiah". Of course (almost)everything in the end is pretty much solved in the end with a Winger speech and it all ends on a happy note.

Some spoilery stuff: well in the end we see some new things to look forward to next season like Britta moving with Annie, Abed and Troy (the dreamatoriums taken down and has been converted into a locker sized wardrobe box), Jeff will look for his father, the Dean from City College is making plans (while Chang is watching from the vents so they will probably team up) and Starburns is still alive! Cant wait for season 4

End tag for this episode: Leonard's review for Lets Potato chipsmoreless

Trials and Changes

By sh811a, May 21, 2012

The great think about three episodes premering on one day is that all three were touchdowns, in my book anyway. But this is another one of those rare season finales that don't disapoint.

Everyone has finally gone back to Greendale, but everything isn't the same because significant changes are happened to each of the characters. Each of the characters are going though their own trials.

I really like the little plot with Abed, it was fun seeing him turn to the darkside for a while and he turned out to be a formatable foe. Abed turned because we see he is in a state of dispair, the fact he can't cope that Troy is gone has made him come to the conclusion that the reality he lives in is bad, and desides to lash out toward it by making it worse or in his mind the evil timeline. It was funny just seeing him acting bad, I really like the one on one with Britta and him which was an homage to "The Silence of the Lambs", I really like how Abed is the one really getting into Britta's mind and Britta just cracks. As well as seeing him do some random bad acts like while walking down the hallway hanging up a call someone else was making and they way he said cool. But then we saw him come into the room where court was conducted and he had a bone saw to cut Jeff's arm off which would be the start of the bad timeline, at this point it really was suspensful because we see that Abed truly is close to falling completely into the deep end, if Abed suceeds then there's no return. Though it's weard that there was no security to stop him, since Abed clearly had the saw out in the public eye.

The one with Troy was funny how he has to be a messiah figure to everyone in the trade school because of a profacy, who'd of though Air Conditioning could actually be a religion. It was sad when we hear John Goodman's character died, I really liked the guy so I'll miss him, and this sets Troy on a mission to avenge him by free the school from the rule of the murderer.

And of course finally there is the trial between both Pierce and Sherley. I'll admit at some of the first half I really didn't like Pierce because he clearly didn't come up with the idea for a sub shop on campus and plus he wanted complete rights to it just to inflate his ego which right now is worth jack squat. One moment in the trial that was funny was when Pierce delivered his testimony as usual he is unintentionally offensive and then it cuts to the three minutes later sign and it cuts back to him and everyone is throwing crumpled paper balls at Pierce, serves him right. I really routed for Sherley to win because she deserved it because the sub shop really was her idea and she work long and hard for her dream of having a business of her own she deserves it. I really hate Alen, this guy is just so full of crap, there was one moment when he was clearly manipulating the court and they bought into his crap, it kinda makes me worried how much he gets away with this.

But it all comes down to a great moment when Jeff gives out a really heartfelt speach which really sums up the heart of the study group, but I personally think this is something all people should live buy. His speach was about the importance of selflessness and having a community. Jeff in the past has been a selfish man which was part of what lead to his downfall in the first place, but also the fact that this made him live a life of issolation he really didn't have any friends and relationships that went nowhere. Though this speach Jeff really shows he really did learn a lot going to Greendale, he truely has gained than lost, from having friends, becoming less cynical toward life, but also selflessness. There was one point where Alen tempted Jeff into forfiting the trial so that he could work at his law firm and get his career back on track; knowing Alen though I know he not the type that keeps his word. Jeff does the right thing which was to defend his friend Shirley at her time of need when she needed it. And this also lead Pierce to do the right thing, because once he hears the speach he realizes how much he's hurting his friends and he doesn't want to do that. So he does the right thing swallow his pride and forfit the trial letting Sherley win.

We see two other things happen as well, with Troy plot it was funny and interesting seeing him go toe to toe against his evil rival in one of the most interesting one on one contests I've ever seen which is to fix an air conditioner in a heated glass casing. Troy of course wins and does the right thing from bring his evil rival to justice and saving the late headmasters honor, but to simply take charge of his destiny and that was probably the final lesson the headmaster was teaching him.

The words of Jeff's speach affect Abed and Abed learns to accept the change in his life and change with it. Yes, Troy is back in his life but he knows that he won't be around forever, and with Troy and Britta wanting more than to be good friends it's a sign.

And in the end things change but for the better. Both Annie and Britta are going to have a place together which is great because we now see more of a dynamic between those two. Jeff is going to look for his father, Sherley along with Pierce's help finally has her business I hope it the best for it. I like the fact that Abed along with Troy have taken down the Dreamatorium it shows both of them are growing up, but also that it's time to stop dreaming and take action to make their dreams a reality. Ok, Abed does have that mini Dreamatorium but it's a mini and he's letting go slowly.

Two more facts we see that Starburns isn't really dead so for fans out there don't fret, so I get a feeling we may see him once more. Along with Chang whom we see is living in the vent of City Collage, the evil Dean is planing some sort of strike on Greendale so Chang obviously will join him.

Who really knows what will happen next year, of course there was that little exerpt of the possibility of three more seasons and a movie, I hope this show will make it I would love to see "Community" on the silver screen. But like I said who knows, communities truly can make differences in each other, themselves, most importantly life.moreless

I want Jim Belushi as a guest star (or new regular character ... dream on!)

By seb1925, May 18, 2012

I really like both of the characters revealed to have died, so I'll miss them a lot... but it's nice to see that one that we thought had died didn't.

Anyway, what a phenomenal way to tie all loose ends and get some fantastic continuity. Every time I watch an episode as poignant as this one think they've peaked and they can't possibly come up with anything that could top it, and then they do.

Six seasons and a movie, indeed!moreless

Brilliant wrap up to Community Season 3

By dadeadman, May 18, 2012

While this season may not have been Community's strongest when compared with the show's first 2 seasons, the finale (along with standout episodes this year such as Basic Lupine Urology, the Pillow Fort storyline, the Timeline Episode and the Digital Estate Planning episode) yet again reminds us exactly why Community is the best darn show out there!!! What other TV show (live-action, mind) is willing to break the rules of TV and even a traditional comedy or sitcom? We had a stop-motion episode, we had a musical episode and this year, we got an 8-bit video game style episode! This is a TV show filled with plenty of heart wrapped up in a ball of oddity and wackiness that makes Community... Community!

#SixSeasonsAndAMovie !!moreless

best Winger speech by far

By jonhon0, May 18, 2012

don't read what i have to say about this episode, just go watch it.

the amount of creativity, hilarity and character growth the writers can pack into 21 minutes of film is astounding, and I really hope this is the year they dominate at the Emmy's AND get more episodes next season AND are renewed (on adult swim...?). what kind of backwards world am I living in if a show that writes with it's fans (and future fans) in mind gets so belittled and downtrodden just because it airs at the same time [popular multi-camera show] airs?

(spoilers?) anyway, have to say Abed actually made me nervous with the bonesaw. very cruel. cruel, cruel, cruel. what made me nervous is the unpredictability of the show. if anyone could write out a plausible effective story line that involved Jeff being crippled, it would be the Community writers.

i'm glad it ended with that punch. they really deserve to toot their own horn (cougarton abbey reference?)moreless