Continuum : The Story So Far...

By arrowtranscripts

Apr 06, 2014

So, American audiences finally get to watch Continuum after it being on for 3 weeks in Canada. And wow, does this show deliver. And deliver BIG.

It really speaks to Simon Barry's complex universe that so many different things can be happening all at once and still make sense. Everything we learn in this show or everything that happens always (sort-of) feels organic and never out-of-left-field (at least for me). Which is due, I think, largely in part to the writing and acting.

We got a lot answers but also a lot of questions. The show is about a cop who gets sent back in time with a group of terrorists and needs to get back home. But, is it really about her and them?

The story we know and story in the GRAND SCHEME of things are completely different.

Kiera and Liber8 are obvious pawns on what can only be classified as a larger-than-life space-continuum chess board. But, who is making the moves? Future Alec? Corporation heads?

What is the story so far? The REAL story?
  • Comments (16)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • Badembo Apr 07, 2014

Continum is one of the Science-Fiction movies I admire. But I do not mostly like what the casters do, releasing just one single season and making audiences in suspension, always surfing the net for new season and the like. We're waiting to seeing the second season soon, please.

• nimd4 Apr 07, 2014

Say WHAT? xD

• MirelaPilipo Apr 07, 2014

I agree with everything you said. I love it. Great premise, great cast and great characters.
    Continuum is so good at storytelling and it's such an intelligent multi layered show (one of very few left). I don't know who THE REAL player or players are and I don't feel like I MUST KNOW THIS RIGH NOW because this show tells it's story so well and it keeps me busy with the facts. I'm really glad the show has taken an even more serialised turn then it had in season two. This can only mean good things and I've loved the first 4 episodes of season three.

Continuum has become my favourite sci-fi since Fringe (and I don't say this lightly and Orphan Black is outstanding too), and that's saying something since I watch bad-for-your-health amounts of television and have sampled a wide variety of shows. The intelligent factor is a huge plus for me and I adore Continuum for taking brave leaps and not dumbing down it's storytelling in favour of the casual viewer. This show has great rewards for serious fans. It doesn't take shortcuts and takes great steps to ensure that we don't feel cheated or mislead by the plot.

Keep doing your thing Continuum, I hope you stick around for as long as you need to tell your fascinating story - I'm in for the long haul. :-)

• arrowtranscripts Apr 07, 2014

Like this show is AMAZING and really exceeds all of my imaginations. I can never guess what's going to happen and it ALWAYS surprises me. VERY RARE. It's a GEM.

• MirelaPilipo Apr 08, 2014

I couldn't agree more. It is an absolute gem and the only show I have a "must-watch-next-episode-right-NOW" attitude about. I literally can't wait for each new episode.

• vr182 Apr 07, 2014

Same here. This show replaced Fringe for me. At first, I thought it wouldn't live up to be as good. But this show has far exceeded what I ever expected it to be capable of. For a sci fi, its one of the best out there. Oprhan Black is great too, but its still too early to tell what direction that will take.

• arrowtranscripts Apr 07, 2014

Agreed. The show has exceeded what I thought possible. Orphan Black is pretty great with the whole one actress 8 different characters thing.

• vr182 Apr 07, 2014

Oh yeah. When it comes to acting Maslany takes the cake.

• xubxerox Apr 07, 2014

I agree about this being a favourite Sci-Fi show.

But to me, Orphan Black still doesn't feel Sci-Fi, even though technically it is. And I would put it on the same level as Continuum.

• vr182 Apr 07, 2014

I would actually say Orphan Black is somewhat better. I just enjoy Continuum more personally.

• Ugmiwatogla Apr 07, 2014

Continuum crossed right into Orphan Black's territory, and it's awesome. No clone club in sight though, the two Alecs aren't pals !