Continuum

Show Reviews (127)

Great

Netflix Bingfest Winner

By JamieWright2785, May 24, 2015

I seriously would love to see Netflix come to the rescue and extend this series a bit more, I think the possible story lines could last another good couple of seasons.

I firmly believe that as we move into the era of watching what we want when we want, the old rating system needs to be given the flick, and matching shows to consumer demand would give networks a better picture of what the public want. If there was ever a case of a show that gets chopped down in it's prime, Firefly is a great example.

Continuum is a great story, but I don't think 6 episodes is going to cut it to neatly wrap up all the storylines and questions it had spun off. For mom? At the very least 2 more seasons, one to wrap up what on earth just popped in for Season 3, and finally to wrap up certain "temporal paradox's" that were left unanswered.moreless

Continuum not continuing

By Toparty, Apr 28, 2015

I love sci fi shows. I really do, but Syfy has a habit of dropping a show just when they start getting interesting. They have a REALLY bad habit of doing this. Hubbie thinks they need to arrange international screenings of new eps all at the same time to discourage people from downloading and wrecking a shows earning potential. I think they just need to commit to good shows better.

Continuum hasn't held my interest like Warehouse 13 or even Alphas as it's often just a simple crime show - forget the sci-fi elements. I've stopped watching ever since the producers started talking reduced season offerings. If they commit to a good show, I commit. If they give up, so do I. But I wouldn't rate Continuum as a good show and I actually haven't seen anything promising from syfy since Warehouse 13. Looks to me like the good writers are dumping syfy just like I am.

Update April 2015 - yup Continuum is ending soon. Can't say I'll miss it. For a sci fi show it was more NCIS than Stargate. I watched every ep of Stargate - and every spin off as well. I watched one third of season one of this show and maybe one or two other episodes to see if there had been any improvements. Sad to say that there was not.

The good writers and people with real interesting sci fi centric ideas are gone.moreless

One of the best shows ever.

By polarbear8, Mar 25, 2015

Please keep it going--are you listening Netflix. Complex power struggles, human relations and the only great sci fi to really take on the huge problems with privatization and surveillance. Wish it would keep going for a long, long time. Deep cast. Just great. i was soooo hoping this would go for many years.

Season Four Suggestions - Return the Series to its Premise Please !!!

By horsefeathers777, Mar 17, 2015

This is a great series with a great acting team. Sad to see the network extend only into a fourth season. There were some issues with Season three that many felt could have been written better as far as a believable plot line. They were as follows. *** SPOILER ALERT ***

Continuum Last Six Episodes Suggestions

Here are the problems created by season three:

1 Fans did not care for how quickly Kiera gave up the idea of returning home to her son and husband one does not give up on family especially children no matter how artfully a writer might think typed words on paper can change this in a script

2 Early Episodes and repeated flashbacks seemed to indicate the husband knew more than he was saying before the attempted execution but this was never resolved leaving a huge hole in the overall story

3 Kagame was dismissed too easily as someone not able to change the future based on altruistic actions in the 2012 'present' one paradox was layered on top of another paradox and so the third season theme was 'nothing really matters' - which is a betrayal of the series original concept that revolutionaries were going to set matters right also the direction of the series map was leading us to believe Kiera would switch sides to support the defeat of the corporations thus joining Kagame and company under new rules of engagement - she did switch sides at the end of season three sacrificing her future son which no mother would ever do

4 This might actually be the biggest flaw of season three Kiera number one had a bullet in her head and fans were shocked at the cavalier way Kiera number two had quickly given up on her family to further a script driven romance with a complete stranger who BTW was the one who shot her in the head complete and utter garbage

5 Betty was mercilessly murdered to elicit an emotional reaction any writer who uses the killing off of main loved characters as an emotional tool is a moron

6 Alec killed himself in a gruesome fight to the death with himself a really sick and twisted scene to watch this event written into the script degraded the character of both Alec Sadlers - gone is the simpler times of season one and two where Alex is this idealistic kid who is helping a time traveler get back home self murdering self only strengthened the idea that nothing matters

7 Carlos Fennegra did not appreciate his original partner being shot in the head and did not really know where he was or what he was accomplishing

8 A weird original time traveler lurks in the background this is a mistake as if he can direct the correct passage of time starting a thousand years ago no human has this wisdom a complete absurdity - the character is a distraction from a possible noble conclusion I would lose this character fast

9 Matthew Kellogg is left in charge interesting we can work with this odd twist

10 Warriors from the future emerge on the scene to end the third season

The following suggestions however you want to fit them into your 'plan' however messed up it is at this point in time is how you fix all these problems and end the series on a very dramatic positive note

The series hinges on the good moral fiber of several people in particular and possibly a few others added at the end: Kiera, Alex, Carlos, Betty, Sonya, Garza, and Travis add Thesius at the end if you like - a high note for season three was when a team was forged between the rebellion and Kiera's team including Alex and Carlos

Scenario: Season 4

1 - First Kiera and the new guy from the future evade the future time traveling warriors. She parts company with the new guy from the future to follow a lead. Alec left a back door into the main frame so he could remote access into his server array at a future time when needed. With Kellogg now in charge this is a good thing. In going over the data stream he notices an added protocol that gives full control to the corporations over governmental decisions Earth wide. It is later learned that the weird time traveler with dreadlocks is the culprit in influencing Matthew Kellogg to implement this into the new devices so as to control aberrant behavior - the time traveler is not the savior people hoped he would be and himself is from a time distant from 2077

2 - Kiera realizes her love for her past family is too strong to give up on and that the schmuck she has been shacking up with from the future is just a mercenary. She severs ties with him and resumes her quest to reunite with her family. Early in season four the original time traveler is killed when the 2012 time line implodes as a result of the anomalies that were created in season 3.

Kiera assembles the team again comprising of Liberate, Julian, Carlos, and Alec with the purpose of forming a new frontal assault on the time line. Alec determines that to fix things they need to use the principles of Kagame and Thesius combined to shape a change for the benefit of all people. As a team they enable the time travel apparatus and return to a time just before the events that sent Liberate members and Kiera to 2012. They do this just in time (pun intended) as the 2012 time line implodes with everything around them dissolving and exploding.

3 - This new forged team is now in 2077. This will allow the writers to visit events that Kiera's husband knew about before the prisoner execution. And explain his apprehension before the execution went bad. The writers can play with this as they see fit. Kiera number two explains things to Kiera number one. Carlos gets to see the future first hand Travis is reunited with Sonya however Travis, Garza and Lucien are melded with their identical selves since they are the same persons who left 2077 they now have enhanced memories of events from 2012.

4 The new team defeat the corporations in 2077 by joining forces with intellectuals from an even distant future. To solidify the stationary correction in events it is learned a team must return to 2012 at the instant Kiera and Liberate originally traveled back in time this brings Betty back to life as well as the police chief. (this can be the last episode of the series)

The nice thing about this script is the first Kiera ends up with her family. The second Kiera will return to a time that the writers can call 'shaped time' where in theory all the duplicates will become one with the originals in 2012 (as explained by the future intellectuals) keeping their acquired knowledge of all events thus insuring the fixes in 2077 that divest the corporations of power will be unchallenged by them.

Time markers are set throughout this era called sequencers or convergence stabilizers that will prevent these times from being altered ever again.

Kiera number 2 ends up with Carlos back in 2012. All of the Liberate team survive. No one is killed for false emotional sympathy. Travis is reunited with the self sacrificing Sonya.

In the future past the year 2077 there can be a scene where a time capsule from the 2012 team wishes the 2077 team well.

Thus a good and happy ending to Continuum. The teams are victorious and together in different times.

PS I work in IT so all of these concepts have been tested (just kidding)

moreless

All ready?!

By Damianna15, Mar 16, 2015

I really thought this show would go on a bit longer. I thought it was good, and liked that it brings up problems with time travel: Will her family even be there when she returns? Also. . . she starts out a conformist, and only after she begins to fight the "terrorists" does she begin to realize the relativity of what's right, moral, or ethical. This show lands on every question of Humanity in a really cool Syfi way. But, I will say this: the main character is confusing. She may have not been the best choice for the lead, OR maybe she is, but there wasn't enough time to fill the roll. Doesn't matter now. I'll be buying the box set when it comes out--make the ending worth it.moreless

Well...

By Smoochy777, Mar 07, 2015

I love this show.. buuuuut if it's going to be cancelled then I'm ok with season 4 being the show finale but the ending.. GUYS! better take your time and make the ending worth it and that it MAKES SENSE. and don't be a 'B' network with all of that education and money backing ya. Sooo, make it great go out with a bang and call me cause I will be going back to buy this entire show to watch it Time & Time again.

Dave

(Denver

Thanksmoreless

Satan`s Mistress

By Docnty, Jan 16, 2015

The 2nd from the last episode of season 3 did it for me. She is a real slut, a whore, a real skank, a lowlife scum that says her family if most important to her but can`t wait to tear her pants down to let Brad into her pants. Just a real Satan`s Mistress. Totally destroyed and ruined this drama for me. She so called wants a better world for everyone to live in, but she is just as EVIL and NASTY as the rest of them. I have dropped this and couldn`t drop it fast enough. Too bad, I had high hopes of this being a really good drama, and it was up until she showed her true colours. Thanks to Shelley Eriksen and Simon Barry for destroying a great drama, although Simon could only go on what the skank Shelley Eriksen had wrote in the 2nd last episode of season 3, just another one of Satan`s mistresses, all women are skank, weak creatures that are the BEST at betrayals!!!

My error, Kellog, at the end of the 1st season was her first to drop her pants for, and women wonder why I HATE and LOATH them so much, Kiera Cameron is just yet another reason...moreless

GREAT SHOW!

By umanas1966, Nov 14, 2014

This show is outstanding. It's so worth watching.

I love it

By siper119, Oct 21, 2014

best show for this year

Disappointing.

By LENZ5369, Oct 12, 2014

The show started off really well, it had a clear underlining current that kept things moving in a coherent direction -A very capable women trying to get back to her family which includes making sure her future exists.

First it started with excluding her husband from the equation and focusing on her son, by doing this they attempted introduce sexual and romantic relationships while drawing attention away from the reality that she is being an unfaithful wife.

Her marriage/husband and son are equally real or not 'real'.

By now the son is just mentioned as lip service to mask that she is pretty much wholly self involved and motivated.

She has no concern for the fate of her future and all those in it.

I think the idea of having her becoming what she is now is meant to be some liberating metamorphosis but to me it just makes her 2 dimensional -rather than having complex and contradictory reasons for being who she was, she is just like a captive non sapient animal who couldn't even imagine the concept of the wild.

Also making the place lousy with time travelers and future tech does not compensate for poor writing.

The whole story has become so muddied and convoluted that it is pretty much a 3 year old, shapeless, directionless 'bleh' now.

Great! now I have to tell the people I recommended the show too that the quality really drops off with season 3.moreless

Load More Reviews