Drink Up! TBS Renews Cougar Town for a Sixth and Final Season

By Kaitlin Thomas

May 10, 2014

Break out your best wine because TBS has renewed Cougar Town for Season 6! 

Unfortunately, it will also be last call for the Cul-de-Sac Crew, as Season 6 will be the last for the Courteney Cox-led comedy series. The final 13 episodes, which will put the series over the magical syndication number of 100 episodes, will premiere in 2015.

Are you excited for more Cougar Town

Check the Status of Your Favorite Shows: 
What's Renewed, What's Canceled, and What's Still In Between?

• Comments (30)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • lindsaymolyneux7 Aug 21, 2014

Penny caaaan , love this show and all the crew we are sad to see it go but at least we get a closure to the gang , will bobby get a permanent abode ( with indoor plumbing ) will Elle ever be nice , will Laurie and trav stay together who knows but all I can say from two avid fans from England is imaginary hat x

• elizabethsanm4092 Jun 08, 2014

Can't wait! I may hate it being the last season, but I get it. Life's like that. This show was like a sitcom of my actual life, so I've really enjoyed it. When does season 6 start???

• JT_Kirk May 11, 2014

Hmm, I love Cougar Town, but I think last season should have been it, that season finale felt like too much weight to carry over into new stories. I'll still watch, but honestly, where can they go that will be funny with Laurie's pregnancy while Travis is still trying to get started in life, and Chick's alzheimers degenerating.

• nasedoofantar May 11, 2014

I got into the show after it moved to TBS and don't understand how it didn't survive on ABC when all the cookie-cutter shows do. Luckily it moved to a network that's able to air reruns every day. I hope before it ends Bobby gets a permanent residence with plumbing, heat, & large appliances. Also explain how Grayson could afford his house after his divorce when his bar was barely breaking even, and how Jule barely works and is still flush. I would think that in an area like Gulf Haven she'd have a lot of competition.

• cuculhain May 11, 2014

I enjoy it, it has a funny tongue in cheek quality and the cast has been great. One more season to give it a good send off is fine by me.

• JazDavies May 11, 2014

Yes!!! :)

• Notusedname May 11, 2014

It has had a good deal of seasons since it moved to TBS. I don't watch the show myself, so it has always been a srprise for me when I realize it is still on the air. So congratulations to the fans, i guess you really show how much you wantd the shw to stick around. I hope it will go as well for American Dad! when it moves to TBS.

• Amazon_Hollow May 11, 2014

Now, i am going to see my favorite couple of the series for the last time... They would the best hit of the show anyway....

• Demonstrable May 10, 2014

I like Cougar Town but this seems like a good place to bring it to an end.

• iheartfrosty May 10, 2014

Penny can!!

• See More Comments (13)