Crazy Like A Fox

Show Reviews (2)

Fair
6.9

CBS should have never moved it out of Sunday nights.

By krla1110, Dec 07, 2010

"Crazy Like A Fox" was a terrific show, well-written and acted, which garnered very good ratings in the Sunday evening slot following "Murder, She Wrote." It would have enjoyed a much longer run had CBS not moved it to a different night. Jack Warden and John Rubinstein realistically reversed the traditional conservative father/loose and impulsive son roles, which gave this show a bit of a twist on a somewhat familiar theme. Alas, this isn't the only time one of the major networks engineered a good show's demise by monkeying with its time slot. I still don't know of a DVD release... anyone?moreless

Rough-hewn private eye and buttoned-down yuppie son.

By villagedianne, Oct 31, 2008

Jack Warden was great in this series. It's like it was the part he was born to play. Sometimes instead of dialogue he would make a grunt which conveyed so much more than words. He would know that the other person was lying or deluded, and the grunt would say it all. I also liked the way he would, let's say, steal a car to chase the bad guys, saying "What could possibly go wrong?" Something always went wrong.

Jack Warden's son in the series was good looking, and of course a lot younger, but if I had a chance to pick one of the two fictional characters as a romantic interest, it would be Jack Warden. He had that old-fashioned kind of masculinity, and a more intersting persona.

I loved the show and it would be great to see it again.moreless