The Boogeyman

Episode Reviews (20)

Great

Elle makes a big decision.

By DexterMorgan2, Feb 28, 2013

I thought it was an ok episode but was watching it more to see what happened with Elle after she shot the rapist on the previous episode When a child killer is killing in Texas the rest of the team go there and for most of it they think its Finnegan the man that apparently watches, hunts, kills and eats the kids but when he is found dead they knew it wasn't him In the end they find the child killer to be a child and they have to rush to save a girl when he chases her with a baseball bat but Gideon comes to her rescue and grabs the kid with the baseball bat It was right at the end when Elle makes a big decision to leave knowing Hotch knew what she had done but had no choice really and when Elle walks out Hotch says to himself that he will miss her.moreless

A good episode

By reece1986, Jan 28, 2013

all I really have to say is I'm really glad she left the show, never felt Elle really fit in and hated the way she said Hotch lol

Who's watching the children becomes even more frightening when you realise that the children aren't even safe with each other.

By Lady_Lancaster, Jun 07, 2011

Ozona, Texas is a small town where everybody knows everybody else so when children start dying it is incredibly difficult for the locals to accept that one of their own must be responsible for the young bodies found battered to death in the woods.

With the body count at three over a very short period of time, the BAU check all viable possibilities and come up with nothing except an old man from an equally old house who is a local legend of whom the children are all frightened. Talking to the children, Morgan tells them to use 'The Buddy System' - to never be alone and make sure somebody always knows where they are. A five o' clock curfew is imposed on the kids but there is still more death.

When the old house is searched and meals for the elderly are found there but the corpse of the owner is found in the woodlands, the team have a suspect, the school guidance counsellor whose prints are all over the trays containing the lunch but he is not the killer, the killer, in many ways is far more terrifying as you will see when you watch this episode.

On a sad note, Lola Glaudini left the show in this episode when her character of Elle Greenaway found that the job was simply too much for her following the home invasion and shooting from Season One and so we await a new agent and wonder how the team will progress from here?

An average episode with a couple of good points, particularly from Shemar Moore and Lola Glaudini as their characters struggled with the evil of hunting and child killer and trying to function when evil has already invaded your life.moreless

This is when 'pure evil' would become an understatement.

By amazing_race, Jun 07, 2011

This was a terrific episode of Criminal Minds! The case that the team was einvestigating was really interesting, involving abductions, murder, children and even a local haunted house!

The case was exceptional! I didn't foressee the ending. I personally had guessed that it would be the two boys who were telling the myth, but not the other boy!

Certinaly I thought the kid was very sick. However, the unpredictability was the best part of the episode, other than learning Reid's fear of darkeness, and the funny moment with JJ telling Morgan and Reid a fictitius ghorror story!

Overall, a terrific episode! It was dark, yet brilliant and unpredictable, not to mention it had its funny moments. Sad to see Lola Glaudini leave the show, and farewell to her character, Elle Greenaway, but considering how amazing her to-be replacement is, it isn't such a sad farewell.

Keep it up, Criminal Minds, and this would have to be my favorite episode of the season so far, aside from the premiere.moreless

A child killer thats a child interesting perspective..

By neokel, Jan 21, 2011

This episode is split in two direction on one hand Hotchner is watching Elle worried about her missing the psychlogical review and not turnign up for work or responding he follows her. The other side the rest of the team looking into a child killer case. With geodean leading the team the four perspectives lead to a very diffrent conculsion. Which was both entertaining but chilling at the same time. Morgan discusses the fact that society has made it easy for victims to be lured stating statisical valules Reid identifies that its more common to be atacked by someone you knwo as you trust them. What was interesting abuout this case was the fact that they didn't profile for a child killer on the one hand you wouldnt suspect it could be a child on the other theres are supposdly the best profilers there is and not one mentioned an age relation to the profile. Garcias role is well played as the techy with personality.. Her lines always draw a smile. Reids wory about Elle shows an attachment which his personality type suggests he wouldnt have, so it will be interestign to see how he develops that. Hotchner finally talks to Elle and you knwo its over for her but you can see he has determination in catching the bad guys even if he knows them. It will be also interestuign to see if he can cope with the knowlegde. We learn a little more about Gideaons photos in his office in this episode they are victims he has managed to save. A kind of light in all that is dark around him. A fantastic episode full of the drama we expect from this show. the next question would be who will replace Elle?moreless

The BAU heads to North Mammon, Texas to search for a person killing the town's children. Meanwhile, Elle deals with the consequences of the shooting and her own near-death experience.

By psycho94, Jan 21, 2011

This was a good episode-- a compelling mystery for the BAU to solve. The identity of the killer was a suprise, at least to me. As conditioned as we are to adults taking advantage of children, kids acting violently toward other kids isn't as rare as it used to be (although it IS rarer than the media sometimes leads us to think).

Again, a balanced episode (I guess I like balance)-- each member of the team contributing to the investigation in their own way.

Criminal Minds is a dark series, to be sure, which is one reason I like it so well. But I definitely appreciate the ray of sunshine that is Garcia. She provides vital information, a degree of comic relief, and an "outsider's" (non-profiler) perspective to all things.moreless

The BAU travels to a small Texas community to investigate the murders of children

By MsScofield, Jan 21, 2011

Wow! That was a Little Freaking Psycho, I mean, that boy has real Criminal Minds =\ How can an 8 year old boy do something like that?! Upbrining? I think, that boy was has 'Criminal Minds' when he was 1 day old.. I hate horror story's (What that boy was telling) Because it's rubbish and I don't believe it.. I totally agree with Reid! I do not like the dark to. Only late at night on the streets.

Saying good bye to Elle was painful for me, because she was my favorite person in Criminal Minds.

I hope I never meet a Little Psycho like that.moreless

a kid? really?

By Kuznech, Jan 21, 2011

the BAU investigates a child-murderer case and turns out the killer is a fellow eight-year-old kid??? come on!! that's so far fetched! there are no records of a child serial killer.. are they expecting me to think a child will lose it after he mom left and start killing?? maybe start being violent but kill other kids? I don't know what the writers were thinking. maybe they are trying very hard to shock us but it didn't shock me it just made me laugh cus it is so unrealistic.

last season was extremely realistic and their analysis seemed true to me but this episode was a big disappointment to me.

still in love with reed though.moreless

“The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”

By Finnegan77, Jan 21, 2011

The main plot was very good – the child who has turned into a serial killer. The team of Gideon, Morgan, Reid, JJ and Garcia worked well together, and had great chemistry during this dark episode where the moments of fun were thrown in to offshoot the distressing storyline. The child actors did a fantastic job, especially the boy who played the unbalanced Jeffrey Charles. Very disquieting in his apparent normalcy. The clues, the suspense, the twist – everything added up to a great episode.

The sub-plot was disappointing – Elle is forced to leave the team because of her actions. Maybe they played this one too close to reality to be completely satisfying to the viewers. No, most agents wouldn’t break down and admit they had done something criminal, and this does leave the options open for Elle to show up on a subsequent episode, but the scenes between Hotchner and Elle fell flat. She was remote, angry and in denial. He was remote, angry and seemingly at a loss to handle this situation. Not much emotion was shown on either side. I was left wanting more – maybe a scene between Morgan and Elle, or Reid and Elle – but, then again, there was a purpose to the choices the writers made.

This episode reinforced, in my opinion, one of the themes of season two – that you’ve got to let light shine in the shadowy places of your life to endure the darkness. The moments of personal honesty between team members help them do their jobs. It’s the Morgan/Reid talks, or the Hotch/Gideon conversations that keep them functioning and healthy. Elle could not bring her feelings about what happened to her into the light – she couldn’t tell anyone else about them and get help – so she was swallowed in darkness. Goodbye, Elle.moreless

Load More Reviews