The Silencer

Episode Reviews (25)

Great

An unsub called the Silencer escapes from prison.

By DexterMorgan2, Mar 02, 2013

The first episode of the season was a good one but unfortunately Emily has left The team also gets a new member called Alex Blake who is a promising character but we have to see whether she is as good as what Emily was In the episode a serial killer known as the silencer escapes prison with a bit of luck and starts a killing spree The silencer proved to be a dangerous killer but when the team cornered him he had to kill himself but the team seems to have more trouble coming because at the end we someone with photos of the whole team which means something big is going to happen later in the season.moreless

Close to home

By glamgirlsg, Oct 23, 2012

This episode's amazing! It freaked me out, because guess where I live. That' right, I live in Abilene, TX. It's nice to see this small town get some recognition. That's probably the reason I love this one so much.

Silencer 8x01

By JDML23, Oct 14, 2012

Seeing Penelope all dolled up with the Union Jack just made me wish we'd gotten to see her running around England being her vivacious self at people. But since we can't all have what we wish seeing her be grumpy at the new person worked nearly as well.

This episode was okay and considering this is the first episode of a new season that's probably not a good sign. I honestly was only half-interested in the escaped prisoner plot. I'll also be reserving judgement on the new character.moreless

sigh..

By miss_katrin, Oct 13, 2012

Okay so I was very relucant to even watch this because the last season ended SOO bad.

I agree with Garcia, I do not like change. I hate that my favourite character left.

So when the replaced her with another brunette, who is also is a language expert and likes to stare at the board I was even more pissed. I do not like the new agent. She doesn't fit it.

No easing in to the team just stomping on in there like she belongs there.

Not a very likable character. I miss Prentiss.moreless

Criminal Mind fan #1

By Crmindfan1, Oct 08, 2012

This is the best TV series ever created! The writers are absolutely brilliant!! The actors "all" of the actors are great!! Derek Morgan/Sheman Moore is the hottest man that walks the earth!!

However there is only "ONE" Reid!.....and we LOVE HIM! You need to be really careful when replacing these characters. They are all so distinct, well placed, and GREAT actors! Good luck!!

good one!

By freddy_91, Oct 01, 2012

A good episode, but there those that have been better. I still enjoyed this one very much. The unsub was a little difficult for me, I'm not sure if I would have liked it more if he had really been pure evil or if I enoyed this version more. Either way, he was a "cool" killer because of his unique trade mark.

As for Agent Blake... well, I don't want to be too quick to judge. She seemed kind of nice in the beginning and and, but I'm not so sure that she will fit in. Of course, it's hard to replace Prentiss. I think the team only needs one genius and that is Reid, but on the same time it's kind of nice to have someone else around that does know a few of the things that Reid also knows.moreless

Episode and Blake

By KimRegan, Oct 01, 2012

I Loved episode it was great. But Alex Blake is like across between Hotch and Reid in a female body and it just make pothole in the team and it just doesn't gel.

meh!!

By hh71, Sep 30, 2012

Not the best start to the season (or the new character).

I found SSA Blake to be boring and not very likeable at all. I also was not real excited about the way the team acted when she was around.

Dr Reid is the resident smarty pants, I don't think they need two.

I could also do with less Strauss, she is just a hateable biotch.

s0801 Silencer - average for criminal minds, awesome if it was a different show

By goldelpack, Sep 29, 2012

Characters: Trying to make sense out of what I felt is harder than I thought. First off, while I miss Prentiss it has nothing to do with how I feel about Blake. One character has little to do with how I feel about others. My first and overall impression: I didn't like the character. Not at all. I felt she was dry, cold, and disconnected. I don't know if it is how the actress played the character, how the character was written, or the character period. I should point out that this isn't the first time I've started to dislike a character that I later liked. But so far - don't like her. Didn't like how she doesn't flow with the rest of the team. I'm all for new characters and change so it's not that at all. I just didn't get a warm happy feeling. At the end when she communicated with the unsub I did gain some respect for her - but wish she'd have tried to at least connect with him a little more emotionally. I saw this as a very cold and dry attempt on her part. I'm hoping we learn more about why she's so cold. Garcia is my favorite for interacting with other characters. I'm hoping she can Penelope her into warming up and perhaps relaxing a bit. I would have been fine without having an additional agent - especially if Strauss is going to be seen more. But time will tell.

The overall story was alright - I liked the way they figured things out - how he wanted to be in solitary, etc. It gets harder each season to bring something fresh and I thought the idea of the cochlear implant was a good one. I enjoyed the flashback - I like when they establish why and what caused the unsub to become what they are. I've read a lot of reviews and comments about if this was good for a season opener or not - my thought is that unless the previous season's finale leaves some major question that requires an answer - the opener is just another episode that needs a bit of continuation from where we last left off. They returned from their vacations (explains their absence from our tv). Prentiss is elsewhere. (explains why she's not on our tv) We meet a new agent (this wasn't really explained well YET for me - why she's needed, etc) There's nothing left they had to answer.

So overall, glad to have the show back on. Waiting on final thoughts on new lady. Hoping to warm up to her..

moreless

Disappointed

By AutumnKathyPe, Sep 29, 2012

The episode was new and refreshing but Alex Blake is a downer. She has no personality and she is very depressing. I know they can't tell us all about her in her debut but she just didn't give off any vibes that made me think she was going to be an asset to the cast..

Load More Reviews