Episode Reviews (16)

more fun moments please

By annnette, Jul 19, 2014

this show is getting to serious....

I feel like this season lost track of itself - it started off so well, but now... I've completely lost interest.

By samantha0123, Sep 09, 2011

I've always been a die-hard Reid fan, so when I heard that my favorite characters secret of the season would "be a doozy" I got excited.

Seems that I was jumping the gun.

I figure once you've started something, you finish it. So now I'm stuck wondering when Reid is going to come back in the spotlight, or more frankly, when Emily's going to come out of it.

I honestly like all the characters in this show, if they are sometimes I little one-dimensional. But it's a crime drama; it has to be expected at some point.

I'm just going to sit back and wait, I suppose, until this entire storyline actually progresses to somewhere interesting.moreless

Sorry guys, but I have to say - After the "100th" episode, the show started to become too serious to a point beyond the level of comfort. Everything started to get to serious after that eps.

By DeepSecret, Sep 09, 2011

My summary says it all. Good show, yeah. Great show. But this episode and like any other you're probably might find, will be different from the earlier seasons. Everything changed in "100". It crossed the threshold of tv-psychological comfort. It changed things. It wasnt fun anymore. After that episode, the show somehow started to take itself all too seriously. Sorry folks, but perception management is crucial here and that ratings is dropping, which lead to the release of A.J. Cook, is sign of this. That nagging feeling that something just isnt right anymore with this show; not fun, well 100 changed all that.moreless

I dont see why this episode was so bad...i thought it was great,, it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

By JessicaT101, Jun 01, 2011

I thought the beggining was great,, it kept me wondering what the whole episode was gonna be about. I was completely shocked when they killed Cia but i had a feeling that was gonna happen. I liked the bond between emily and reid in the middle...the ian doyle thing with the white masks whas a little strange but it kept the viewers wondering when they were gonna find out the truth. i found the past few episodes have drug on a bit to much but i was very pleases with the linking episodes. i hope all will end well... Over all it was great! :)moreless

I think the episode was great. I mean it is gonna be Prentiss last season since the interviews said she wasn't coming back. As for the It;s to serious. I mean HELLO!!! This is taking on things that CAN Happen in REAL LIFE. IThink CM is AMAZING!!!!

By MariaAlejandr, Jun 01, 2011

Criminal Minds is taking us further into the minds of Criminals, terrorists and even the team itself. This episode is one that let us into the mind of Prentiss, How she cares for her team mates and how she will do anything for her team. Even if she makes the mistake of not telling them what is going on. Morgan knows something is wrong but being who he is, knowing that there are secrets people have in their life like the one he had before, he doesn't press more. I think that the next episode will be great! Even if it's Prentiss last season in CM. I don't know how will it end but hopefully it will end better than Elle.moreless

A very intense episode!

By amazing_race, Jun 01, 2011

This was a very good episode of Criminal Minds, as the storyline of the Ian Doyle and Emily Prentiss intensifies!

I thought the case was very interesting, and it quickly evolved into something more dubious, as Ian Doyle and his crew start to get serious! The whole storyline was very interesting, and it is very interesting to watch Prentiss evolve.

I really enjoyed the Prentiss and Garcia scene in the bathroom. That was very sweet, particularly what Prentiss says to Garcia about maing her smile!

All up, a very special episode! I think they are executing this storyline perfectly, and this season is going remarkabley. JJ is certainly missed, but they are still producing thrilling and sensational episodes!moreless

By 44tvfan, May 28, 2011

So VERY Dissappointing!! I can see Prentis NOT wanting to tell her team because they might be killed. But as SOON as she heard the Europe connection she should have told them. Ridiculous!

Then she makes up a stupid lie to Garcia about a fake dream so Garcia will stop bugging her.

This show used to be one of my favorites...but this season has really stunk! JJ getting thrown off the series and then the BIGGEST pathetic move....putting the "new" blonde on the team. I can't imagine what the writers are thinking unles they think all the viewers are idiots and will put up with this junk.

I'll tape next week, but probably won't be watching this show anymore. Sigh!moreless

What happened? Did they hire some of the writers for Law and Order,or CSI?? If so they need to let them go!!

By Eightysixit, May 28, 2011

I watch the story and they are genius's at profileing. Couldn't they tell there was something wrong with Prentiss? Isn't the team based on TRUST. At the very beginning Prentiss should have told the team that she suspected that D. was after her. I was very dissapointed with the writing. I am glad that other fans felt the same way I did. The only way the writers can udue this one is to chew her out for "not telling" in an upcomming episode. We will see.FLASH BACK (Remember when!! Reid was having the "dreams" from in an earlier episode, and the team stayed in Vegas because they knew something was "wrong" and "happening" to him?) I was so upset! This is my first review ever. I just had to write this. Please don't make this show about the "characters" like so many shows have done before. You have to have a little about them but It will ruin the series episodes. Like Law and Order, CSI, NCIS, and so may others have done. Is this another "Been there done that show"!!moreless

Bodies are turning up left, right and centre and Ian Doyle is becoming the stuff of legend as he continues to evade capture by enough law enforcement agencies to bring down a small country.

By Lady_Lancaster, May 28, 2011

I confess that I wasn't in any hurry to watch this one, for a myriad of reasons. There would have been a time when to miss or delay viewing an episode of "Criminal Minds" would have been unthinkable for me but that was long ago when REAL writers were employed and the marvellous actors weren't made to behave like caricatures and puppets.

The whole Prentiss arc could have and should have been brilliant. It isn't, and that is the fault of the people who are writing this once-brilliant show. When a much-respected character has to film what will most likely be her exit from the show in what could easily pass as the 1950s B-grade spy thriller I have mentioned previously, something very radical needs to be done. Sadly, I think, for Emily Prentiss (and Paget Brewster) at least, it is too late.

It makes perfect sense that Prentiss is jumpy and on edge and acting like a deer stuck in the headlights most of the time. What does NOT make sense is the fact that Ian Doyle is being portrayed as invincible and, therefore non-catchable. This is ridiculous. Totally ridiculous. Having said that, what is MORE gobsmacking is the fact that Prentiss, a member of the BAU, does not feel that she can tell her colleagues of the danger that she and they are in from Doyle because of some warped belief that by not telling them, she is protecting them. A highly intelligent and highly trained BAU field agent coming to such a decision simply does not hold up under any kind of scrutiny.

What is even worse is the fact that Garcia, Morgan and Reid all noticed that something was dreadfully wrong with Emily and yet not ONE of them thought to tell Hotch or Rossi of their concerns. As for Rossi, who knows more about her past than anyone, he simply thinks she needs a vacation. Some much for astutely watching how a person behaves and deciding that all they need is a rest!

It was clear to everyone that Emily was, effectively, saying "goodbye", at least it was to Garcia, Morgan and Reid and yet still they did nothing and asked no pertinent questions or spoke to their Unit Chief. When she backed out of the room after the final briefing, they all just watched her, looking pensively at her and making no move to follow or enquire. These people are a FAMILY. They see more of each other than they do of anybody else (as Hotch learned, to his cost) and yet, NOTHING was done to get the truth from Prentiss and no deep and meaningful questions about her "contacts" from her Interpol days who knew so much about Ian Doyle.

Three seasons ago, Garcia would NEVER have let Emily speak to her that way in the bathroom without pushing further or going to somneone with more authority. If Garcia had been behaving like a terrified puppy, as Prentiss is, would Morgan have just let it slide? I think not. When Reid tried to get her to open up and she didn't, why did he not take matters further? This is all just ridiculous and completely out of character for these people. For example, when J.J. was "forced" to go to the Pentagon to work, they ALL tried to help stop it happen and rallied around her like friends should. Prentiss, it seems, is not worth that much of their time.

On the Season 5 DVDs, Nina Tassler and Ed Bernero both make a speech about the 'family' atmosphere among the cast and crew of "Criminal Minds". Maybe somebody should send a memo to the writers about that because I don't think they've been told.

Paget Brewster's acting was superb across the board. If she had been given a decent script to work with, it would have been stellar. As I have said before, this talented cast deserve far better than what they are being forced to spout week after week.

I'm not even going to mention Seaver. The character is not worth the bandwidth. I was pleased to see a little bit of profiling this time around, though, but it was upsetting to see Hotch practically emasculated. Invisible and emasculated. For a team leader, this is a very bad look.

My favourite line was when Rossi and Hotch were discussing whether Strauss had been briefed about what was going on given that she was on vacation at such a crucial time, it was obvious she would never take one again! Great banter.

And so, in two weeks, A.J.Cook returns for what just might be Paget Brewster's swan song. Whichever way you look at it, "Lauren" is going to be a sad episode. I hope TPTB look back in May and ask themselves whether 'Suspect Behavior' and whatever other excuses they have used for the carnage to "Criminal Minds" have truly been worth it. I'm sure there will be another season, but at what price? And if so, could they please puts ads in the trade papers right now for writers? That would be a good place to start.moreless

Paige Brewster does an amazing job of making a poor piece of writing look good. The ability to trust each other is one of the things that makes the show good - to deviate from this theme shows poor judgement from the writers.

By SusanSangster, May 28, 2011

Writers should get the show back on track - the one good thing about the upcoming episode is the return of AJ Cook - get back to the "team concept" with each member helping each other. The story lines this season so far have not been near the standard of prior seasons. While this story line could have been exciting, the writers seem more focused on ruining "Prentiss" as a believable character than they do with providing a team solution to a pre-existing set of circumstances. Very poor judgement on the part of the decision makers - too much more of this will effect the demise of an really good showmoreless

Load More Reviews