Crisis Series Premiere Review: Who's Bad? Who's Good? Who the F*ck is That? How are They Related to the Plot?

By modernfamily120

Mar 17, 2014

The pilot episode of Crisis makes you wonder what it was that you just watched. From the trailer, it looked super intense. Halfway through watching the episode, however, I was wondering if this was even the same show as advertised. Of course, exposition had to be set up. The other problem with this episode is that it is cluttered to the max. Honestly, they could have made this two episodes if they took the time to explain using more than one line that reveals something or one brief shot, and then moving on to the next scene.

But, once we got through the cluttered part of the episode, it improved, and that final scene was very good. The trailer showed a lot of emotional connection, and we didn't get much of that until the end scene with the two sisters. But wow, those last 20 seconds, they were fantastic.

Overall, the episode was good, the plot is great. And I totally did not see that ex-CIA agent being part of it. Their major problem is that it is so cluttered. It's always good to have questions that need to be answered, but the pilot episode can't make you this confused. While this episode wasn't the best due to the clutteredness, Crisis has potential to be a great series. (And, by the way, don't you totally see the creators of Crisis having a detailed plan of the show's plot like the ex-CIA guy's plan book?

QUOTES I LIKED

Agent Finley:
We're going to have a chat with whoever's on the other end.
Anton: Whomever's on the other end.

OVERALL RATING: 6/10
  • Comments (11)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • markpeterson33234 Mar 24, 2014

ridiculous show, when a show forces you to suspend belief for stupidity it won't make it. police show up to stop the bus and the agents just get out of the car without calling it in or any suspicion, Gillian Anderson offers the FBI agent, maybe related to her, who knows, her plane; like the fbi cannot get her a plane. the guy chasing the kid and secret service agent just walks blindly into an abandoned house and gets killed. stupid

• krainzse Mar 18, 2014

I really liked the show--yes, it was cluttered, but it was not cluttered with persons, places, and things that are interesting (to me) and familiar enough to keep track of. I'm looking forward to seeing how things develop.

Interesting quote--but erroneous. It should be "whoever" because 'whoever' is the SUBJECT of an embedded clause "whoever is on the other end" --& subject 'whoever' and verb 'is'. I still remember that as a trick question posed the first week of my Linguistics 101 course decades ago.

• angelpix24 Mar 18, 2014

I have to tell you.. I liked the twist of the father being the mastermind. I figured there was a reason why he insisted on going on this trip...but I didn't think he'd be the type of crazy person to CUT OFF HIS OWN FINGER!!

• RaymondGeurds Mar 18, 2014

This show kicks ass, i LOVED it!!! Can't wait for the next episode, but can someone tell me why does Max Martini still gets acting jobs? I've seen him in a couple of things now, the guy is such an OVERactor (Ever heard of the word 'restraint'?)

• angelpix24 Mar 18, 2014

Ha ha I love Max Martini. I'm always happy to see him. Hey he had a show for like 4 years.. .The Unit. And now he just pops up as bad guys. Did you see his terrible Aussie accent in Pacific Rim?!?!

I can't help it. I love the guy. He broods well lol

• MarlboroMagpi Mar 17, 2014

I hate shows that drag on too much (read: Blacklist) so I won't complain too much. The pilot did a good job in reeling us in. It might be slower in the next few episodes but I do not want it to be too slow.

• amitojj Mar 17, 2014

you r right it was so cluttered that i had to watch it twice to get it fully.