Crossbones

Good

Woo, pirates!

By anastasia1243, Jul 09, 2014

2 ep (14)

This show is getting good.

By Writerpatrick, Jul 03, 2014

I found the first episode a bit of a slog, and the second wasn't that strong. But now I'm really starting to get into it. The chronometer isn't turning out to be as big a plot point as it was initially suggested. And now they've introduced someone worse than Blackbeard as his enemy. It's taken a while to get going, but the show is becoming worth watching. It's only a shame that it's practically cancelled already.

It seems missed a 4 episode review of this show. Everyone has already dismissed it, likely assuming it would be like Black Sails (which I have yet to see). But it's worth watching even if it isn't going to stick around. It's one of those shows that people only tend to discover after it gets cancelled.moreless

goodbye

By Guitarman59, Jun 18, 2014

2 episodes then 2 weeks off??

goodbye

People don't speak like that.

By PikeBishop, Jun 16, 2014

Interesting plot, but the dialogue is so overwrought. People just don't speak like that! Everyone, and I mean everyone delivers a Shakespearean soliloquy of no less than 30 seconds, featuring the grandest adjectives and verbs almost every time they open their mouth. Over-written dialogue. And giving it a 5 and a small chance to get better.

Crossbones Is A Snore-Fest

By ghosty, Jun 11, 2014

I watched the entire first episode without falling asleep. Yes, I am proud that I could stand up to the torture at the hands of this monstrosity. I thought it was an insult to not only my intelligence, but to anyone else out there with a pulse!

John Malkovich is a way better actor than this rotten attempt at entertainment allows him to be. This is just another example of the typical garbage from

Okay but not really feeling it

By cherold01, Jun 09, 2014

This is a decent show, overall, but the problem is the doctor isn't nearly as interesting as the pirate, and we spend way more time with the doctor. I think the problem with the show is it takes itself so seriously; Malkovich is the only one with a glint in his eye. Pirate stories aren't supposed to be serious and dark, they're supposed to be fun. Where's Captain Hook?

2 strikes

By mikel60, Jun 07, 2014

Well, after only 2 episodes, I'm bored and I'm annoyed by Johns accent.

Too bad BBC isn't doing this. They would have done a far better job of it

and would have hired a far more interesting Blackbeard. I can think of 50

other actors who could have done it 500 times better than John.

I'm not sure where they're going with it either. I'm only giving it a chance of

two strikes and I'm out.

Not a review

By linewton, Jun 07, 2014

Not a review, I am giving this show a chance. It's early but John Malkovich's accent is driving me batty. What the heck is it supposed to be? What dialect is that? I'm still on the fence.

A nice change in a Pirate's story

By wildthunderllc, Jun 05, 2014

It was entertaining and that's all that matters, If you want real life pirate stories watch a documentary, If you have read the book "On stranger tides" not the POTC movie. You will like the unique story line.

the extra gore was a good touch. Battles would be bloody in real life.

Much better then more "reality TV" Garbage. How can ANYONE Complain about FREE entertainment

A Rather Significant Disappointment

By Viewer1, Jun 03, 2014

The producers of the show seem to believe that gore and even more gore are substitutes for an interesting, intelligent story and character development. The latter two were missing while the first two made the show rather unpleasant. It is also important to have a protagonist about whom you care. I could not connect with nor be particularly concerned about what "Doctor" Lowe did nor what happened to him. While John Malkovich was good at portraying evil with a mask of civility, it takes more than that to make a good series. Location and scenery, which admittedly are quite attractive, can complement but not replace the basic requirements of a good show. Perhaps the next episode will rectify these failures and I am willing to give it the chance to do so. But I am not holding out much hope of that happening.moreless

Load More Reviews