Crossbones

Good
7.3

Disappointing

By OneFunCaptain, Dec 04, 2014

This was more like a 1700's soap opera than a Pirate Adventure show. There was little or no action and Malkovich way overacted the part. He was more like an aristocrat than a pirate. Black Sails was much better

I miss this show!

By SabinaBalsamo, Oct 01, 2014

This was by far my and my family's favorite show. I wish that it was given a better chance. So sad it's cancelled.

Loved it

By tonic_tears, Aug 31, 2014

Loved it from the first ep.

Great cast, great script, well acted.

Sadly NBC didn't give it to much chanche, twice the episodes were prosponed and in the end after only 9 episoded got canceld.

A great show died today.

Where did I see it before?

By Pnascimento, Aug 26, 2014

It kinda reminds of Terra Nova. Like Terra Nova this was a great show that had a great name behind and was too big for TV.

John Malkovich was a great Blackbeard, but like Spielberg in Terra Nova he's just a person. It takes so much more than a person to hold something as big as Terra Nova or Crossbones.

Anyway, great show. Sorry to see the end.

crossbones

By JamesJones4460, Aug 21, 2014

One of my new favorite shows

Great Show

By Rob_Kinnane, Aug 10, 2014

Loved the show is awesome to watch it unfold but as usual they cancel the good ones .........................

i loved the show

By YvesClaeys0, Aug 04, 2014

too bad it's cancelled :-(

Avast ye mateys! It's a rollicking good time.

By cheriebery, Aug 03, 2014

I love Crossbones! John Malkovich makes an excellent Blackbeard and Richard Coyle is a lot of fun as the protagonist. It's not high art and it's not high drama. It is great fun with pirates and lusty wenches and treasure ships and sword fights. Sit back and let your brain rest and just have fun.

An Action Show with Great Acting, Style & Intelligence--but too intellgent for the average viewer!

By tinareutermitchell, Aug 02, 2014

Crossbones is an action-packed story about pirates, supported by outstanding actors and superlative dialogue. The story is a period piece set in the 1700s (or there abouts). The dialogue replicates an older form of speech, more eloquent, polite, and witty than modern speech. Listening to the actors is almost like listening to old poetry. The problem is that in a society where eloquence is reduced to creative ways of using the Big 'F' show is too thus its demise by the indifference of the Rabble!moreless

Too bad...

By bipity, Jul 30, 2014

I was hoping this show would defy the odds and survive, but I see it's been relegated to burn-off, to be replaced by Dateline. I have Xbones recorded but haven't watched yet. But I'd watch it backwards in B&W and Russian without subtitles over Dateline...

Load More Reviews