Crumbs

Show Reviews (22)

Good
7.6

A show that is basically the crappiest comedy I've seen yet.

By cnote89, Apr 02, 2006

I didn't like it one bit. I don't even know why I bothered to watch it. I didn't laugh at all and honestly, it was the worst show that has aver been put on National Televison. The writers for this show must have been on something when they wrote this because it is distasteful and I wouldn't reccomend it to a single person. Never put that crap on TV ever again, ABC!

Not all that great.

By kurby123, Mar 31, 2006

The first time I saw the previews for this show, I thought it was going to be awesome. I tuned in to the first episode, which was okay. I kept watching and watching more and more episodes. It seemed like the show was getting more boring and more boring everytime I watched it. Then one day, I simply stopped watching. It wasn't interesting anymore. Why is the main character gay? It doesn't make the show interesting to me. Just so... bleh. I don't care anymore. If I could sum it all up, I would say... meh.moreless

this show can be one of the best ever

By Big-Rob, Mar 15, 2006

I think this show can be one of the best ever.Because it is one of the funniest shows on tv right now. In the futre it will be a rating probale about a 99% chance of being the best on tv but it cant beat out a couple of shows.

I like it!

By ductapegirl, Feb 25, 2006

I love this show. I think it's interesting and funny. I think it has room for improvement with some of the jokes and story lines. Over all I think it's a funny show. Jane Curtin makes a funny "mental" patient. There are times I wish I could run people over to! I'm also happy to see Fred Savage back on TV!

The Previews made it look like it could of been an ok show, but tuning into the show proves that its one of the worst new sitcoms currently on TV. And whats up with Fred Savage being Gay!!?!?!?!?

By Spike3o0o, Feb 24, 2006

Crumbs is currently one of the worst new shows on TV. The jokes are flat, the writting is horrible and the acting is horrible. And I can't believe that Fred Savage is Gay whats up with that! Hopefully this show will get cancelled very soon, this show is completly horrible!

A quirky show with some interesting idea's but some jokes fall flat and the show can be over-the-top.

I believe this show is a love-it-or-hate-it show and that can't be good for the ratings.

By Raisingdad, Feb 14, 2006

Crumbs is an inventive show with some Comedy, a little Drama and a whole lot of Crazy.

I liked the first few episodes of this show - they were funny and smart but some jokes can fall flat and with the added laugh-track its a train wreck when it happens.

Speaking of the Laugh Track - it is extremely annoying, clearly fake (the laugh track to The Flinstones sounds more realistic) and it ruins the tone of the show.

The tone is also inbalanced with the 3rd brother (who died) being mentioned - it is just too sad. I think the existing storylines (Mitch = Gay, Suzanne = Crazy, Billy = Sleeping with tramp) can produce enough drama without this clearly depressing storyline.

The Cast is well put together without a weak-link although I don't think the array of Character's spans far enough away from the Crumb family. We have the required Best Friend who can droll out some advice which I am personally fed up with (not directly with this show).

The other problem is the writing isn't hitting all the high notes it can be awfully unfunny.

For the most part this is an enjoyable sitcom but it has its weak moments.moreless

JUNK.

By bestec, Jan 30, 2006

This time filler has absolutely nothing to recommend it. You have to wonder about the people who make the decisions to ever put stuff like this on the air. It is simply a worthless waste of time.

Jane Curtain was so good on Saturday Night Live, Kate and Allie and 3rd Rock from the Sun - and now this - Why this? Are you really mentally ill Jane?

The Wonder Years with young Fred Savage was a TV classic that will play in reruns 20 years from now like a time capsule of the late 60s, early 70s - just as Beaver and Mayberry represent the late 50s early 60s and enjoy a new following today. Some things do stand the test of time.

Nobody will ever rerun Crumbs. Never.moreless

Despite reviews, I like this show.

By DerekSTL, Jan 27, 2006

With any originality lacking in current television sitcoms, at least "Crumbs" has something different to offer. Fred Savage as a gay man, maybe not original, but struggling with being in the closet is something new. Jane Curtin is terrific as Suzanne. This show reminds me of "Soap", a television classic with off the wall, controversial characters that switches from crazy to touching in a heart beat. Some may be disturbed that one issue of the show is the death of one of the Crumb sons years ago, but it shows that life must and does go on, and let's face it: the greatest episode of the classic "Mary Tyler Moore Show" was about death.moreless

Jane Curtin and Fred Savage wasted in this show.

By spenserpup, Jan 27, 2006

Following an all-too-frequent trend of the past few years (such as Center of the Universe and Out of Practice), this sitcom has some superb talent in lead roles that just can't overcome poor-to-mediocre writing/plotting. Both Savage and Curtin are fine actors for situation comedy, but "Crumbs" storyline tends toward farce and the writing toward slapstick -- I know that the networks believe the sitcom audience to be dumb, but this show is targeted at an audience that can't walk and chew gum simultaneously.moreless

Load More Reviews