Post Mortem

Episode Reviews (22)

Superb

The miniature killer kills again and Greg is in court after running over Demetrius James

By 7dixob, Aug 23, 2012

Another great episode this season when the miniature killer poison's an old woman and the miniature had to be changed because the woman gets up from the chair she was poisoned in and goes through a window.The good thing was the street had cameras and showed the miniature killer bring the miniature back to the house but you can't make an ID off it.While all this is happening Greg is not charged as he shouldn't be because he saved someone's life and risked his own.moreless

Greg heads to court, while another murder takes place.

By maverick13007, May 18, 2011

This episode was somewhat in a small way dissapointing, it was still a good episode no doubt, but it kind of did not live up to the hype that they gave promoting it.

Greg goes to a hearing involving his earlier case (Built to Kill part I and II) that basically is like he said a curcus. He is bombarded with questions, the judge is biased in regards to the "victim" and his family for mere political reasons, the hearing in its self was not fair at all. Thanks to the work of Warrick and Nick curve the outcome of it all. I liked the part that the judge came forward with the reciept of a meal that Greg had had earlier that day, and Greg gave those statistics and basically told the judge to off, respectedly of course, and showed his new found prominence. I also loved the fact that Nick and Warrick decided to put the Jury in Gregs spot, how many seconds it took to kill Demetri.

I was actually quite scraed for Greg in both scenes involving the victims brother. If it werent for certain events, I would of said that the brother could of possibly took out his revenge in the latter part of the episode.

As for the other killing, to have Grissom's keen eye catch a futile mistake by the miniture serial killer, is just a way to show how respectable he is. But in all regards, the episode was just slightly above average.moreless

Loved the back and forth between the death of Penny garden and the inquest of Greg Sanders. Great episode, even thought very little was resolved. It's not over for Greg or for the killer.

By RenLissa_Can, May 18, 2011

Yeah, it's Thursday (and I'm listening to "Sunday Morning", and I keep thinking, no it's Thursday Night, where's a song about that, and how great it is)

Back to CSI . . . first off we have Sara & Grissom and a little bit of Cath with the murder of Penny Garden . . which first off I found funny for no reason at all. It just sounded like the name of some 60s rock groupie (hmmm wasn't the fist victim a 60s rocker? . . . how closely did they look into the past of both victims?) Before we can start to say, "ho hum, who really cares if it was the nephew addicted to drugs or the drug dealer living next door, we get a miniature crime scene and the whole thing gets interesting. Loved Hodges dancing and the bright pink cherry liquor. Nicotine poisoning looked like a gruesome way to die. What is up with the doll with the bloody head? Again, more questions than answers.

Then we have Greg and the coroner's inquest. Interesting set up/concept. Not a court, not really a judge, and the jurors can ask questions - very interesting. So why did that guy have it in for Greg? The "Judge" (who we are supposed to think of as a traffic cop), I get, he's up for election, but the juror? What is his story? Was he being paid off by someone? I can see why they found Greg excusable instead of justifiable. Feel bad about the wrongful death suit. Hope that Warrick and Nick and Sara (why was she not there, I mean she processed Greg?) can recreate the crime a little better for the court case. Poor Greg. And he has trouble sleeping at night. I'd help him sleep. I was worried the brother was going to run over him with the car, until the guy with the papers showed up. The last scene with Sara & Grissom and then Greg stops by - I loved the line Grissom said about taking his suit off - come one, he looked older and sexy - he should wear suits all the time - and then the look Sara gave Grissom "Thanks for being nicer to him, you'll be rewarded later." Side Note: We've been focusing on Catherine, Greg, and Grissom so far this season. Sara and Nick have been getting a lot of scenes as well. Where's Warrick? He needs to have the A storyline. Please?moreless

Greg Sanders is involved in an inquisition regarding the death of Demetrius James, the teenage student involved in the fannysmackin gang who Greg ran over in self-defense.

By sweetsaintz, Apr 07, 2011

This episode is great for Greg fans like myself because he finally gets more screen time and we finally get to see more dramatic development in the this lovable character. While the other CSIs are working on a case, Greg is being questioned in court for the incident of Demetrius James, the teenage student involved with the fannysmackin' mob who Greg ran over in self-defense. Throughout the episode, just when the viewer thinks that Greg would surely be considered blameless in this rather-clear-cut case of survival instinct in the face of an imminent attack, something happens to jeopardize his case. Like the overly aggressive male jury member who seems to think all cops are dirty; like the overly dramatic mother and brother of the deceased who flew to the press with accusations against Greg; like the judge who intentionally make things difficult for Greg by questioning his alcohol intake on the night of the incident, just to garner public support for his own political agenda. In the end, i was worried that Greg really might not get out of this bind. The jury gave the verdict of Excusable for this hearing, which is fine though not ideal, and Greg, having been so obviously saddened and guilty throughout the whole thing, still does not get to put the incident behind him because, as we realise at the end of the episode, he gets served with a lawsuit from the deceased's family. The only thing that i was a bit disappointed in was that while Greg was struggling with his hearing, other than Warrick and Nick's contribution and support, the other CSIs don't seem overly concerned for him, which is a pity. There's more to come with Greg's case, so i'd be looking forward to that. More of Greg Sanders is always welcome!moreless

Greg goes to court for inquest and the miniature killer committed another murder.

By kys4722, Jan 10, 2008

We can watch two storylines developing alternately in this episode. One is about Greg, and the other one is about the miniature killer, who killed the washed-up singer in 'Built to Kill.' First, Greg gets to attend an inquest about a death of a college student unfortunately knocked over and killed by the car Greg was driving. In the course of the inquest, because of the judge who cares about his campaign for assembly more than the case, and the guy from the jurors, who seems to have endless suspicions of the cops' every action, Greg faces, I think, the most difficult time he ever had in his life as a CSI. In this episode, I got the same feeling that I'd had in 'A Bullet Runs Through It (1), (2)' when Greg really felt guilty about what he had done becasue of the press, which tried to focus more on the victim's family, making it look like the cops, represeted by Greg in this episode, were the bad guy and the victim was an innocent one. Anyway, given that Greg got a message that says he will be served with another law suit, it doesn't look like he is completely out of the woods. On to the miniature killer case, this killer murdered an old woman and sent another horrifyingly sophisticated miniature to her nephew again. Grissom found nothing substantial except that the killer delievered his/her miniature directly to the home without any help of delievery service at the end of the show. (Seems like the killer may have exposed his/her face.) Anyway, it gets even creepier.moreless

Wow… what a great episode!!!

By wan_ching, Dec 30, 2007

Poor greg!!! How can people think that he killed that dude!!! It's crazy… it's though self defence that he did that!!! Well… I'm glad he is ok!!!

Wow… didn't think it was a miniature till the end!!! It was great how they go from one scene about the miniature till the next scene with greg where he is in the court room!!!

Ooohhhhhhhh!!! Twice I thought hmmm… cos greg was in the bath room when the dude's brother was in it and the car park!!! I'm so grateful that the dude that greg safe was always saying how good he was!!!

New Zealand has just finish season 7, but is repeating just the miniature series, it's great!!! Can't wait till season 8 start here!!!moreless

Second episode featuring the miniature killer ...

By swassy, Jun 30, 2007

This is the second episode featuring the miniature killer. An elderly woman is found dead in her apartment after she was thrown through her window and a miniature replica is also found at the crime scene. The killer originally planned to kill the old lady by putting liquefied nicotine in her cherry drink but this made her dizzy and that’s what made her crash through the window. An amateur neighborhood video surveillance gives the CSI some info about who delivered the miniature to the crime scene. Greg has a day in court to determine if his responsibility in running over a gang member and the boy’s family, the judge and the media are not going easy on Greg.moreless

I'm very impressed with the quality of CSI episodes lately.

By ileanabrea, May 06, 2007

There have been some great episodes this season. I really love the story line for Greg that's developed.

I have to admit that the dead woman didn't really interest me at first. A messed-up old lady getting thrown through a window is nothing unique for this show. When the scale model of the house showed up, I was shocked. The whole thing slipped my mind because I was so focused on Greg.

So let's talk about the Greg thing first. D.J.'s family can just say anything they'd like, and that's OK? The guy on the jury can stand up and ask, "Is it OK to run over black kids in the street?" and this is even remotely OK? That is a bizarre process, but big props to Greg for keeping his mouth shut. There's no way I would have been able to not reply while people were yelling at me. More props to Greg after he was confronted by the judge about drinking wine at dinner and knowing right off the top of his head the exact blood alcohol numbers and how sober he would have been on his shift.

Three things I am still pondering about this story line:

1. What was up with that juror and his questions? I kept thinking there was something more behind that guy, but it wasn't mentioned in the end. 2. Didn't that judge seem like he was attacking Greg near the end with the whole "how was the sea bass" thing? That just seemed a little out of line. 3. Greg certainly got saved by that random guy in the bathroom, or D.J.'s brother would have probably beat him senseless. But if that guy had walked in after, say, a punch or two was thrown, would Greg be in a better situation in the long run? It might sound stupid to say, but the wrongful-death suit might have less merit or maybe even never have been filed at all if the brother had been caught pounding Greg. I know, I know — Greg could have also been pounded to death, so maybe I'm just thinkin' crazy tonight. Now, let's get back to the woman being murdered. I really started paying attention once the nephew brought the scale model of the crime scene to the ladies. So right now it's assumed that the unknown caller on Penny's phone list has something to do with the crime. Otherwise, these two killings do seem pretty random. It was interesting that Grissom figured out that the reason the model wasn't left at the scene was because it was wrong: Penny was supposed to die differently. I love these models, though, accurate right down to the hidden drugs under a rock outside the house. The whole scenario seems to be getting more baffling now, and neither story line has closure yet. So we'll get to more of both of them at some point down the line. For Grissom's sanity we have to hope he doesn't get too many more miniatures, and for Greg's sanity we have to hope he doesn't have to constantly be looking over his shoulder for fear of getting pummeled.moreless

Great episode!

By supercin721, Apr 22, 2007

The show revealed Miniature Killer victim #2 to be an elderly woman, suffering from cancer. There seem to exist no real ties, with the exception of a mysterious cell phone number, between both victims. The suspense continues to build revolving around this meticulous murderer.

The episode also dealt with the death of D. James. During the "circus," a jury of sorts listened to the hysterics of a grieving family (in denial about their son's actions) and to the science of the CSIs. The jury found DJ's death to be excusable. While the lawyer had hoped for justifiable, apparently meaning that the action of running over the victim was the only option, they opted for excusable, saying that Greg Sanders committed a lawful act without the intention to kill. Greg said that the result was probably right and I would have to agree. I didn't like the accusatory tone that the characters took against him in the storyline. It's like everyone forgot that this victim was part of a murderous teenage mob. While you shouldn't put the victim on trial, that should still be emphasized...tough to do when you have a grieving mother and a judge seeking an elected position. Like I tell my students, the winner in the courtroom is the person who can "razzle dazzle" their way through. Having said this, though, Greg did have other options. He could have easily have gone one way as the other. So, good solid episode that added to the storyline and provided Greg Sanders with more air time.moreless

Load More Reviews