Bow Wow Joins CSI: Cyber as a Series Regular

By LizRaftery

Aug 19, 2014

First it was Dawson as an FBI agent, and now it's Lil' Bow Wow as a computer hacker. 

Shad Moss, a.k.a. hop-hop artist Bow Wow (né Lil', courtesy of the one and only Snoop Dogg), has joined the cast of CBS's CSI: Cyber as a series regular, the network announced Tuesday.

Moss will play Brody "Baby Face" Nelson, a prolific 19-year-old hacker who's ordered by a judge to assist Special Agent Avery Ryan (Patricia Arquette) with a cyber case, or else he'll face jail time. Brody essentially raised himself, joining "hacktivist" groups that gave him a sense of family. He gained notoriety by hacking into the stock exchange and wiring half a billion dollars to his bank account.

“Bow Wow is a gifted young actor who will have the responsibility, through his character, to set an example for young people who watch the show to ‘do what's right’ even when you know ‘nothing but wrong,’” series creator Anthony Zuiker said in a statement. “It will be a redemption story and a cautionary tale all wrapped into one."

Moss is currently the host of BET's 106 & Park. His previous television credits include guest spots on MoeshaSmallville, and Ugly Betty, as well as a starring role as Charlie on Entourage.

• Comments (8)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • La-Lady Sep 15, 2014

I think musicians should stay musicians. I can't take them serious as actors...

• c07111 Aug 20, 2014

Good for him.....wish him luck.

• Raccoon1459 Aug 19, 2014

And here I thought CSI was fading.

• BillyRay3384 Aug 19, 2014

wow another reason not to watch this show. don't care to waste my time watching a no talent "crapper" trying to branch out into other forms of entertainment as a way to showcase his absolute lack of talent in all areas.

• MissMunchkin Aug 19, 2014

Well, now I'll have to watch it.

But seriously... I actually think the storyline sounds really interesting. And I think Dawson's character sounds interesting. And I wish I didn't find those two characters interesting, because I've given up on all of my old police procedural except Castle, and I really don't think I want to get sucked into another with a stagnant storyline.

I guess we'll see.

• TVFangirl84 Aug 19, 2014

That's cool I guess.

• safibwana Aug 19, 2014

I feel like that sentence is missing a noun.

• dh4645 Aug 19, 2014

cool? i guess?