Sleight Out of Hand

Episode Reviews (31)

Superb

Master magician Luke Blade is putting on a three day show in New York City titled Death Becomes Me. At the time his tricks are performed two of his employees turn up dead in ways that imitate Blade's tricks. Also, Lindsay returns in this episode.

By meathead704, Oct 12, 2011

I did like this episode and thought it was well done. However in the last few episodes of CSI: NY I have noticed what I hope is not a growing trend. Appearances by guest stars who can't act. A recent episode of CSI: NY featured singer Nelly Furtado in a cardboard performance and earlier this season CSI had a guest appearance by Kevin Federline. Now in this episode of CSI: NY we have Criss Angel. I know the reason why guest stars are used on this and other shows, but I would like those guests to be actors.moreless

EEEEE! I loved it! M&Ms and Flack and Sheldon moment!!

By moggiye16, Nov 18, 2010

Wow were to start..... Hm.... how 'bout from the top. I thought that the killer of the chick was her stalker, but I knew that the writer would have something up their sleeves....figuratively speaking. :P Then, with that engineer being set aflame, I thought someone was trying to frame Luke.

But, no, it was all Luke. The Fetal Alcohol Syndrome as the partial motive totally. From what I know it's never been used in the CSI series so it was wonderfully done.

Criss Angel did a fabulous job. it was a lot like Nelly Furtado. Both totally blew my expectations outta the water. Man, I really feel bad for Luke. FAS is a horrible thing. The sad thing is is that some women know they're pregnant, but they drink anyway to keep the morning sickness away. Frankly, I think those women should be locked up in jail for ruining a child's life like that.

Onto less depressing thing, well depending on how you look at it. Anna did a great job bringing me to tears when she recounted her friends getting murdered by that monster. Then Danny showed up! OMG I was totally freaking out!! But, the biggest freak out was when they were about to kiss then the damn paparazzi ruined the moment!:P

But, I think my favourite moment was the Sheldon and Flack scene in the Magic Shop. "Just bring it back in one piece. I don't you guys pulling a Houdini on me." THe look on flack face. Completely priceless.moreless

One of my favorite CSI:NY episodes! So much D/L going on! :D Luke Blade was awesome! BUT pshycotic...The only reason I gave it a 9.9 is because of the ENDING. DAMN, PAPARAZZI! =))

By Addicted411, Sep 26, 2010

One of my favorites because of the whole Criss Angel, magic thing. It really got me on the edge of my seat! The tricks were sooo cool! He was a pshyco in the end though, which was also freakishly awesome.

Danny and Lindsay are VERY SWEET in this episode which automatically makes it great in my book. ;) All the drama with Lindsay was so sad and to see how much it hurt her to bring up the past and face the criminal who was behind it all, it's just too much. And so Danny comes riding in on his white horse. Metaphorically ofcourse. ;) He did it just for her. :)

Stella and the AIDS. Sadness. I felt agony for her that time when Danny almost caught her researching about it...

Anywayz, in the end, when the the guy was convicted, THEY ALMOST KISSED. UGH. The paparazzi came...UGH. -QUOTE!-

Stella: They say burning is the most painful of deaths.

Danny: I love it. How do they know? What did they do, take a poll? 64% of dead people surveyed...moreless

No mystery

By angelspinknose, Aug 28, 2010

I was thinking someone was setting the guy up but turns out he's crazy. This was not as good as I hoped it would be. Didn't watch the Lindsay on the stand part. Danny showing up at the end was cute. What happened with Mac and the doctor? Haven't seen them together in a while.

I saw it and immediately said W to the T to the F! The character of Luke Blade is an alright character but I was surprised at how poorly things were portrayed and developed.

By SenoritaDrawnOn, Aug 28, 2010

First off...this isn't even my favorite storyline. Luke Blade is a good character, and a very unique one but he is supposed to have Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. People with FAS have diminished brain capacity an often are mentally retarded. The character of Luke blade was of normal if not above normal intelligence. FAS also causes noticeable characteristics such as the eyes being further apart, etc. Criss Angel is no doubt a gorgeous man and remains that way portraying an individual with a condition that disfigures the afflicted. This is something that someone who is familiar with the condition would notice and also anyone who looked it up would notice. I also felt that there was a daytime soap jammed into it too. Back and forth between court and trying to catch Luke before he kills again is kind of agitating and I feel that was mostly filler. This episode had the potential to be awesome, but failed to live up. I was a little disappointed by the lack of accuracy and the days of our lives filler in there. But hey, it's the third spinoff of the CSI series. What should I expect?moreless

Case? There was a case? You mean in the courtroom in Montana? Because that's the only one I saw.

By sugah66, Jun 01, 2010

I'm not even going to pretend that there was a "rest of the episode", or that I care, that there was anything other than the supreme D/L action that TPTB finally graced us with. John Dove and Zachary Reiter, you are officially my two most favoritest people ever for giving us that episode! I love you!

From the first moment Danny appeared on screen, you knew this episode was going to kick ass. Mac comments on how tired he is, and Danny lists everything he's been doing: a grand jury, a search warrant, a 4-12 shift. He says, "I'm coming up on my fourth wind." You see what he's doing? He's burying himself in his work, so that he won't think about Lindsay. If he's goes home, if he has time to think, he's going to think about Lindsay, and he doesn't want to do that. So he throws himself into the only thing he has now that she's gone - his job.

Oh, but he's thwarted by the phone call Stella has with Lindsay. And I'm going to break in for a moment to say how wonderful it is to have Lindsay back! The show just wasn't the same without her, and I didn't realize just how much I missed her until she was back on screen! Anna looks amazing for someone who just had a baby! Hell, Anna looks amazing, period! Anyway, Lindsay is on the phone with Stella, and ends the call by saying, "Say hi to....everyone for me." Translation: Say hi to Danny. Which is exactly what Stella does. Stella mentions that she just got off the phone with Lindsay. Danny says, "Oh, really?" You can tell he's dying to know what's going on, but he doesn't want to appear too eager. And when Stella says, "She said to say hi," he just gets this look and dazes out for a good few seconds.

Danny is pissy and snarky this episode. (I love pissy, snarky Danny, by the way. He needs to make an appearance more often.) He misses Lindsay. Everyone keeps telling him he needs to go home, and he keeps going, "Nah, I'm good." Because if he goes home, he'll think about Lindsay!

Anna OWNED those courtroom scenes. I almost cried while Lindsay was giving her testimony, seriously. This campaign to get Carmine an Emmy...we should start one for Anna. She certainly deserves one after this episode. I really felt for Lindsay during those scenes, especially the one where she is too upset to continue testifying. Though I have to say... Young Lindsay looked nothing at all like Anna.

When he's daydreaming about her in the lab... As cheesy as I found that scene, I could not stop smiling. He gets this goofy grin on his face when he thinks he sees her walking and smiling at him, and then he goes, "I'm losing my mind." No, Danny. You're losing your heart, to a girl from Montana.

Danny finally takes Mac's advice and goes home (after another pissy comment - "Why do I bother if you already know the answer, Mac?"). He's in the apartment five seconds when he goes, "Go with your instincts," and takes off. He doesn't even think - he doesn't even hesitate. He doesn't even PACK! He grabs his keys and takes off. You go to Montana, Danny!!!

*cue fangirl moment in 5...4...3...2...1...*

Oh. My. God. He actually went to Montana. He shows up at the court room, and it is awesome. He loves her. He is so in love with Lindsay.

God, when he walks through that door, and Lindsay sees him... She sits a little straighter in the chair. His presence gives her the confidence she needs to be able to continue with her testimony. And she gives a little smile before continuing. She wubs him. They wub each other. And he's so protective of her. He's look at the defendant like he wants to kill him for what he put Lindsay through. He's hurting for Lindsay when she finishes her testimony, when she describes what it was like to walk out of that bathroom and see all her friends dead on the floor. He looks like he's about to cry for her.

And when the verdict comes in, and they're sitting next to each other... SQUEE! He looks at her before the verdict is read, gives her a reassuring smile, and she grabs for his hand. That was awesome. And then they read the verdict - not guilty, of course - and there are smiles all around. Lindsay lays her head on Danny's shoulder, and he looks so happy that she does that. And she's smiling, and he's smiling. Everyone's smiling, and it kicks ass! They stand up and the first thing he does is hug her - so natural to do that. He's proud of her, he's glad that this is over, that she can move on with her life. He turns - he turns - to walk away, but she holds tight to his hand. He turns back.

*cue Sugah's heart putzing out on her*

He knows what's coming. She's going to kiss him. Look at the smiles on both of their faces as they lean in for the kiss! They want this so bad. They lean in, they are so close, and then...

Damn reporters.

This episode validates everything we D/L shippers stand for. We are so canon, we're UBERCANON. I cannot even think of a word that describes just how unbelievably awesome that episode was. The penultimate D/L episode, after NWILL, after LRC, this is the episode that IS the Danny/Lindsay relationship. My ship is sailing and it is awesome, baby!!moreless

D/L is canon

By allyp182, Apr 13, 2010

I am a regular CSI:NY viewer since season 2 one of the things that has kept me tuning in (besides the fact that it is a great show anyway) was the sexual/romantic tension between Danny and Lindsay.

This particular episode's case was interesting because it involved a killer whose murders imitate the magic tricks of a magician. Criss Angel was a great guest star.

Anyways, back to D/L...

I was SO glad to see them together FINALLY! after all the tension! I think they played it well though b/c the only way that the show would be changed by the event, was if there were significant character changes. I just hope that by the end of the show that they will have gotten together for real. But since that episode nothing has interfered with the show's dynamic, I think it was done very well, and I hope for some more teasers in the future!moreless

Magician

By Danny2312, Apr 13, 2010

This is one good episode. Not great but only good. CSI: NY seems to have too much about medical. For this episode, Luke Blade has a syndrome, in the previous episode, the victim (covered with money) seems to have infection after his surgery. Yet in the previous episode (The Ride-In), the victim's sister has also another syndrome that makes her forgot her identity. Too many medical cases, makes the show not very interesting anymore. A fine episode, not my favourite although this episode is rated 9.6 in TV.com. But I think the previous episode is better. Oh, and welcome back Montana, Danny missed you.moreless

Fantastic episode!

By Brinchen, Apr 13, 2010

What can I say? This was a fantastic episode. The case with Luke Blade was nice. But what was even better- Lindsay is back! After three episodes without her, she's finally back, and we see her testifying in Montana. She has to face the man who killed her friends. The courtroom scenes were intense and full of emotions. Amazing.

Meanwhile a very tired Danny starts to see Lindsay walking through the lab and when he finally comes home after a very long shift, decides to follow his instincts.

Then we see Lindsay again, continuing her testimony. And who enters the courtroom? It's Danny. Danny, who flew across the country to be there for his Montana.

In the end, the killer is send to prison. Danny and Lindsay stand up to leave the courtroom, Lindsay stopps, causing Danny to turn around to her. They get closer and- are interrupted by reporters, just the moment they wanted to kiss! They leave the courtroom together.

What a wonderful and intense episode. And Danny and Lindsay almost kissed! Fantastic!moreless

Wonderful episode, despite it's flaws.

By Reetinkerbell, Jun 23, 2007

I think the only "issue" that I have with this episode, is that Lindsay's past seems forced. Even as early as "Manhattan Manhunt" (2x07) we know that she's seen some pretty horrific scenes, but that could've been because she's a CSI. It felt as though the writers had made up the background on the spur of the moment when they found out Anna Belknap was pregnant and would need maternity leave. It worked, yes, but dude to the fact that Belknap hasn't been a big part of the show for the majority of S3 up to this episode, the scenes feel very rushed. However, they were well acted, and the fact that Danny showed up in Montana to support her only made it that much better. Excellent reunion for the two, as anything else would've made fans of the pairing feel cheated out of seeing their eyes lock for the first time in too long. The rest of the episode was nicely written as well, with an excellent guest performance by Criss Angel as the crazy magician Luke Blade.moreless

Load More Reviews