Cult

By anastasia1243, Feb 08, 2014

2 ep (13)

Sometimes too confusing

By mobilehead, Aug 01, 2013

Exactly. The show started nicely but in the middle it became too perplexed. Near the end it recovered from the downfall but I don't think anybody will pick it up.

Series started well, but lost momentum

By cherold01, Jul 30, 2013

I really liked this show in the beginning. I thought the show-within-a-show idea was ingenious, mainly because they managed to make that inner show itself pretty involving, with two engaging main characters.

By the mid-point in the season though, I found myself losing interest. The early weirdness was increasingly replaced by a more mundane crime drama, as though Twin Peaks had transformed into The Hardy Boys. There was something exhausting about all the characters with all their plots. And while the inner-show stars were intriguing, the outer-show stars were generic and forgettable.

While early episodes had me excited for the next one, after a while I felt myself losing interest, not wanting to bother, and after episode 8 I came here and read the episode recaps to quickly find out how it all ended. I was particularly glad I did that after reading the final episode, which appears to just throw in a bunch of cliffhanger nuttiness for a second season that's never coming. The ending sounded so stupid that I actually watched the last five minutes of the final episode to see if perhaps the recap left something out, which it didn't.

While I liked the premise, and there were some good episodes (the last notable one was when one character hallucinates being part of the cult), overall this was a show that failed to honor its early promises to be a crazy-weird mind trip, and wound up being just kind of boring.moreless

love it

By brittanykeehn, Jul 14, 2013

I didn't really like the first 2 or 3 episodes, but after that i couldn't get enough. I have a dvr and record so i don't miss it and can watch it when my kids are sleeping. I haven't missed an episode yet. I really hope it comes back for a season 2. I wanna know what happens to roger/billy and the others of course. This show really dose play on the darker side of peoples minds. Anyway absolutely love this oh please return.moreless

Less than the sum of its parts.

By terabaSe, Jul 12, 2013

Some good ideas in need of good direction, good writing and a good cast.

Iv - review

By IvaKancheva, Jun 30, 2013

I really like it !

CW Fanatico

By Alrowe02, Jun 29, 2013

To be honest, I was more than happy to see this show go. It was not only lame but I got bored so easily and so quickly I had stopped watching it after Episode 3. Good riddance. Only wish they would bring back the LA Complex.

intrigued

By Alvivima, May 28, 2013

It is super interesting it leaves you wanting to know more. Glad it came back!

Nostalgic

By Routine_Change, May 13, 2013

Sad to see it go. I thought it was a fun, mysterious show. It had a vibe to it like something made in the late 90s or early 2000s. The logo, the name, the music, everything was different (in a good way). It drew me in because of that. The concept was really innovative too, it's meta! (A show about a TV show, where the creator of the show we watch also doubles as the fictional Cult show creator). The fact that it was different was really important, it helped it stand out from everything else.

There was a lot of unsolved questions here. What were the goals of the True Believers? Why did they need a TV show to recruit more people? What were they doing in the 10 years before the fictional cult TV show existed? Who really is Steven Rae? I want to see all these unaired episodes for some closure. What is the point of making episodes if they never see the light of day? I'm still bitter about The CW canceling The Secret Circle (one thing I will not forget), and then they cancel this! They don't know good things when they have them.moreless

Addiction

By melanyfaison, May 06, 2013

I started watching Cult because of Matt, he played Alaric in Vampire Diaries which I am addicted to and got hooked into Cult only to have it pulled. It's not fair to barely have a show running then yank it as it gets even more interesting. Bring it back please

Load More Reviews