Officer Krupke

Episode Reviews (3)

Larry's hope to have Cheryl play the role of George's ex-wife on the "Sienfeld" reunion continues to hit obstacles. Also, in a desparate attempt to cover up his infidelity, Jeff puts Larry in a very awkward situation.

By meathead704, Apr 04, 2011

In this episode, Larry certainly shows what a good friend he is to Jeff. I think that having Larry hold off on telling Susie until the end of the episode was a good idea. Seeing how Susie was checking Larry out was one of the funnier moments of the episode. You would think that an uptight person like Officer Krupke would be bothered that he was called for such a petty thing as somebody thinking Larry said a dirty word in ear shot of some kids (Especially since the kids showed that they know some dirty words themselves.). Just me.moreless

"I'm Larry David and I happen to enjoy the comfort of woman's panties!"

By JaCkKbAuEr2424, Feb 22, 2011

Curb's been on a role this season, and after what I felt was a disappointing season premiere, the show has just been rattling off great episode after great episode. This one was more believable than a few of the episodes this season and yielded a high amount of laughs.

Larry tries on a pair of pants at Banana Republic, but a fire alarm goes off, meaning his pants are left inside while the store's pants are left on his body. While outside, he meets a cop named Officer Krupke, and this sparks a series of vignettes with Larry singing different lines to the song, his favorite being the one where West Side Story substitutes "Krup you!" with the much more mean-spirited "F*** You!" Also, Larry must try to defend Jeff against Susie due to another one of his infidelities, and Cheryl finds herself having some competition for the role of George's ex-wife.

The writing and pacing was as tight as ever. I was able to see the ending about halfway through the episode, but all of the little moments in between, such as Larry yelling "Krup you!" just as he passes the lemonade stand, and his repetition of "I'm Larry David, and I enjoy the comfort of woman's panties" had a huge payoff.

There were only minor things I didn't like about the episode (the cashier at the store didn't do a great job in my eyes.. the acting seemed more forced than it usually does on this show), but otherwise, this was one of the better episodes this season.moreless