The Pants Tent

Episode Reviews (5)

Great

a classic pilot

By koenig1189, May 10, 2011

Y\'all know the drill, folks. Larry\'s an azz-man, a pervert, a non-conformist. He\'s funny as hell in the process. The series only gets better from here, but the first episode of curb was really special. It was racy, witty, and above all, classic. Hardly any pilots in the history of time have matched up to the calibur of curb\'s first episode. enjoy...

Amazing, really Seinfeld, GREAT SHOW

By Carlos724, Feb 09, 2011

I first watched this series tonigh and I was amazed by the scenes, it really remainds me of Seinfeld, great. The whole discussion of Nancy, Larry and his wife, is great, it really remainds me of the Seinfeld times. The waitress and the table discussion, is GREAT, is so Seinfeld. In a way, Larry works as Seinfeld, Kramer, and Constanza, and he has also a little bit of Elaine.

This was the first episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm that I have ever seen. This episode was wrote brillantly, with the antics of Larry David, his manager, his wife, his wife's friend, and the guest stars.

By mgreen789, Oct 13, 2005

I loved how the story lines came together to reveal one central outcome. The scene in the movie theature was great. This is a must watch episode!

Curb Your Enthusiasm starts off with a bang. Or is that a "bone"?

By JohnDuran13, Aug 08, 2005

I've decided to sink my teeth into Curb Your Enthusiasm, starting with the first episode since I really can't get into a TV show unless I join in on the first episode of the entire series (I tried and failed to break this habit with Deadwood). I was never a big fan of Seinfeld, but this immediately connected with me as I have fallen victim to The Pants Tent plenty of times, although fortunately it has only been me who noticed that I was sporting a ghost boner. A pattern that I notice with the episodes is that at 30 minutes, they really cram a lot into the episode and you get plenty of problems and resolutions in a quick amount of time. The Kathy Griffin stuff seemed a little forced and just stank of Larry David owing Kathy a favor or something by putting her in this show. Otherwise, this is a fine pilot episode and sets the pace for what people would be expecting in future episodes.moreless