Damages

Show Reviews (74)

Great

this show sucks!

By sirvapesalot, Mar 17, 2014

I really don't know what planet most of these people are from, but this show literally stunk. I made sure to turn it off halfway through the first episode, and so should you. Hardly any of the performances are believable. At best they're forced and ineffectual. Anyone who wrote a good review must be working for FX. The garbage-lovers are out in full force cuz this one is nothing but junk!

Season 1

By oldspook, Oct 28, 2013

I started watching season 1 on Amazon Prime. I liked the cast and the show but I cannot stand the way they screw up the time line. After 4 episodes, I quit watching because I got tired of the "4 months earlier". It is impossible to follow the show.

Who killed David?

By Shirly, Jul 17, 2013

A pair of men working for Frobisher killed David while attempting to find evidence, Gregory's videotape, which David had hidden in the very Statue of Liberty bookend eventually used to kill him. It later ends up in evidence.

Near the end of the first season, you find out that one of the murderers is a corrupt police detective. In the second season, it is revealed that the other killer is also a police officer, and both murderers moonlight as contractors for a private security firm. 687moreless

This is why fx shines

By nahga1, Mar 24, 2013

I never watched damage until like 4 or 5 seasons had passed. I shouldve known it was top notch because everything on fx is topnotch. its the best station on cable, and damages is so dark with so much back stabbing,, outmaneuvering and stuff, its like damn, people are so selfish and cruel.

A Clever Gem

By tvmavin, Feb 17, 2013

Damages was a fun and surprising find. I really enjoyed the story arcs of each season. I was also impressed by the acting, dialog, and the overall ability of the show to keep me guessing (even though they gave glimpses into future events). Damages was a smart and compelling show with a unique style that deserves to be imitated.

great writers

By HelenXue, Nov 21, 2012

After canceling our cable, we decided to go subscribe to Netflix stream, and decided to watch Damages. My husband and I love the darkness of the stories and just finished season 3. Season 5 is still on tv , so I am hoping Netflix will have it to stream as soon as season 5 ends.

Damages

By vdubmiss, Aug 30, 2012

I was a fan of Damages from the beginning. Unfortunately this season the writers have felt it necessary to add extremely foul language and more explicit sex scenes and nudity to what used to be a great series. The acting and story line have always been outstanding, but I feel the series has now been reduced to being trashy. I have decided not to finish watching this final season.

Fucking RamSTEIN

By CynthiaDougla1, Aug 28, 2012

I love Damages. However, fucking pronounce Ramstein correctly. This drove me CRAZY during the 7th Episode. Stein NOT Steen. Who fucking wrote that???

great series

By poshreany, Apr 22, 2012

damages is a very great law thriller series, with some very great actors, every episode has a good story and suspenseful can get a little dull in parts but always bounces back, glenn close plays an amazing part as patti hewes should be Oscar winning for her role.

I can't believe I watched the whole thing! and DVR scheduled the next season after 1 episode! lol

By illpoetic, Feb 11, 2012

I rented the box set and just couldn't stop watching the show! I normally HATE lawyer shows, they're all copycats, but THIS ONE wooooow! It was completely different and less about the mumbo-jumbo lawyer jargin and more about the story. This one was really really good. I'm sure actual lawyers will be pissed at the stereotypes but this was a very pleasing show! I like Mrs. Streep in roles where she's a woman with power who has to make some tough, questionable decisions. It's more believable with the older actresses in these roles- like what she did on the Shield. I laugh when I'm at work because I wonder how many of the female execs are like her because their attitudes remind me of Streep's character here. The other characters vibe well and the writing always leaves something out so that you have more to look forward to- as they did with Season 1 ending. You really can't predict the plots going on and you have to question any character who gets any camera time. This was a well put together crew and storyline to match the talent.moreless

Load More Reviews