Dancing With the Stars' New "Stars" Include Chong, Mona from Pretty Little Liars, Carlton from Fresh Prince, Mrs. McFly, and More

By LizRaftery

Sep 04, 2014

What do an old-school stoner, a '90s sitcom star, a YouTube celebrity, and an Olympic athlete have in common? Ladies and gentlemen, they'll all be competing in the upcoming 19th season of Dancing with the Stars.

Officially announced on Good Morning America Thursday, the new cast of ABC's long-running dancing competition will include Cheech & Chong's Tommy Chong, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air alum Alfonso Ribeiro, teen fashion expert Bethany Mota, and track and field star Lolo Jones. 

At 76, Chong will be the oldest competitor—but at 73, legendary fashion designer and fellow competitor Betsey Johnson isn’t far behind him.

Also dancing for the Mirrorball trophy this season will be Lea Thompson (Mrs. McFly!), Mean Girls star Jonathan Bennett, and former General Hospitalheartthrob Antonio Sabato Jr.

Here's the full list of stars (and "stars") who are competing in Season 19:

Randy Couture

How You Know Him: Couture is a mixed martial arts star and Greco-Roman wrestler who dabbles in acting. His film roles include parts in The Scorpion King 2: Rise of a Warrior and the Expendables film series.

Partner: Karina Smirnoff

Michael Waltrip

How You Know Him: Waltrip is a professional race car driver who’s won the Daytona 500 twice. He also does pre-race analysis for NASCAR on Fox.

Partner: Emma Slater

Janel Parrish

How You Know Her: Best known for playing Mona on ABC’s Pretty Little Liars, Parrish is also a singer/songwriter.

Partner: Val Chmerkovskiy

Sadie Robertson

How You Know Her: The 17-year-old Duck Dynasty star is the daughter of Willie Robertson. She recently made headlines when she defended controversial comments made by her grandfather Phil Robertson about gay people.

Partner: Mark Ballas

Antonio Sabato, Jr.

How You Know Him: The heartthrob gained early fame as a Calvin Klein model, but his breakout role was that of Jagger Cates on General Hospital in the mid-1990s. He’s since appeared on several reality shows, including Celebrity Wife Swap and his own VH1 dating show, My Antonio.

Partner: Cheryl Burke

Alfonso Ribeiro

How You Know Him: Ribeiro played Carlton on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and later hosted the game show Catch 21 and ABC Family’s Spell-Mageddon. Last year, he was a contestant on Britain’s I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here.

Partner: Witney Carson

Tommy Chong

How You Know Him: Chong is one-half of the stoner comedy duo Cheech & Chong, who have released several pot-themed comedy albums and movies. He also starred as Leo on That '70s Show. At 76, Chong will be the oldest contestant on DWTS this season. 

Partner: Peta Murgatroyd

Jonathan Bennett

How You Know Him: Best known for playing Aaron Samuels, Lindsay Lohan’s love interest in Mean Girls, Bennett has also appeared on on Veronica Mars and All My Children.

Partner: Allison Holker

Lea Thompson

How You Know Her: Thompson has had a steady film and television career since the 1980s. Her more notable roles include Lorraine Baines in the Back to the Future trilogy, the title character on the NBC sitcom Caroline in the City, and most recently, Kathryn Kennish on ABC Family’s Switched at Birth.

Partner: Artem Chigvintsev

Tavis Smiley

How You Know Him: Smiley is a talk show host, political commentator and author who currently hosts Tavis Smiley on PBS, as well as his own public radio show. He’s also written several books on topics like poverty and race, and previously hosted his own show on BET.

Partner: Sharna Burgess

Lolo Jones

How You Know Her: Representing Olympic athletes this season will be Jones, who represents the U.S. in track and field and bobsledding events. She currently holds the American record in 60m hurdles, and competed in the 2014 Winter Olympics in bobsledding after winning a gold medal at the 2013 World Championships.

Partner: Keo Motsepe

Bethany Mota

How You Know Her: You might not. Mota is an 18-year-old from California who rose to Internet fame by posting her own YouTube videos, in which she offers advice on fashion, makeup, DIY projects, cooking and shopping.

Partner: Derek Hough

Betsey Johnson

How You Know Her: The 72-year-old fashion legend is known for her brightly colored clothing, shoes, handbags and more. In 2012, her company filed for bankruptcy. The designer and her daughter Lulu recently starred in a reality show on the Style Network.

Partner: Tony Dovolani

• Comments (10)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • The_Loc_Nar Sep 05, 2014

This will be the season that finishes off DWTS. Maybe that's the plan...maybe ABC wants to cancel this show, but doesn't want any fallout. After all, they got rid of the former orchestra, brought in a new person to replace Brooke Burke, went to a one night format....snip, snip, cut, cut. I think a dreadful "I've never heard of THEM stars will finish it off. SYTYCD is such a better show.....

• kou_shun_u Sep 16, 2014

I don't think SYTYCD is a better show. since I don't think they are shows to compare. (Plus I like how SYTYCD originally was set up.) But yes I do agree it looks like they are trying to kill it off with that line up. That is probably why you couldn't find the list of contenders at all until the airing. The new host chick so sucks. Brooke Burke is not only better, but I have a soft spot for her thanks to The Burger King XBox games. So whoever is the new producer or whatever is doing a bad job.
    The one night format change, they did to a multiple of shows and I can understand the reasoning though it sucks how the contenders can get kicked out before showing their week's dance number. However didn't they go back to two day format this year or is that only for the first week(s)?
    What is worse is that tried to get rid of Len , who is the best judge. And they were suppose to give a judge spot to Maksim but they decided to give to Derek's sister. Apparently they are trying to get a younger audience by snubbing their noses to the devoted older fans. I personally like older judges becuase I feel they have more of a right to judge being in the buisness for far longer.

• lovemybubbaboy Sep 05, 2014

Thirteen reasons not to watch this show.

• shocker713 Sep 04, 2014

You know damn well we'd better see The Carlton at least once. And, in a perfect world, the Apache.

• Akyriel Sep 04, 2014

I think I may have lost some respect for Tavis Smiley. He's a surprisingly good, and refreshing, talk show host. For the most part, he actually asks celebrities real questions and you can almost see them realizing they are being taken seriously sometimes, or appreciating that they are.

I know of five other people on this list and have only heard of only one.

• torque_smacky Sep 04, 2014

I might recognize one of these people, but most likely because they come by once a week and throw our garbage into the big truck.

• Sanity_Bleeds Sep 04, 2014

You clearly aren't eating out enough and getting to know your waitresses!

• Rolamb Sep 04, 2014

Couldn't care less.

• Sanity_Bleeds Sep 04, 2014

You say that now, but if Cheech Marin comes out and does the foxtrot with Tommy Chong, you'll never ignore this show ever again!