Danger Mouse

Show Reviews (14)

Great

My favorite Cosgrove-Hall series

By Boop_Girl, Apr 18, 2011

I had watched this show - well the first five episodes on YouTube, and already I love this show! I'm starting to like the espionage motif.

And already I have seven favorite episodes, and I always love the idea of a mouse as a hero; for example Brain Jacques' Redwall and The Tale of Despereaux. My favorite characters are the titular character himself and Nero the caterpillar. I know he's the "cat" of that maniacal,evil genius of a toad Baron Silas Greenback, but I love him! He made such amazingly CUTE noises! And what a clever idea to use a caterpillar as a cat for a small creature like Greenback.

So anyway, that is all I have to say about this cartoon series, folks; that the animation and voice-acting are top-notch - and off-topic: No other actor could do Baron Silas Greenback than Edward Kelsey.moreless

A really great cartoon should appeal to youngsters on one level and to adults on a totally different level. It should be fast-paced, have great dialogue and be clever. Danger Mouse met all of these requirements!

By D-LinkUK, Mar 04, 2011

I first saw Danger Mouse ( voiced by the wonderful David Jason of Only Fools and Horse‚Äôs fame ) in the early 1980s and was immediately hooked. A spoof of Sherlock Holmes, James Bond and other super secret agents, the show was a true classic. "D.M." as everyone called Danger Mouse was self-assured, witty, very British and constantly foiled by the ineptness of his helpmate Penfold. Yet D.M. always got his man, or frog or duck! Penfold ( voiced by Terry Scott of Terry and June fame ), the hamster was hilarious in his own right and the two made one of the memorable cartoon duos in history.

When you throw in "the world's most villainous toad," Baron Silus Greenback and his henchman Stilleto, you have lots of fun. I'll always remember Stilleto trying to butter-up Greenback: "You're as gorgeous as de Borges [not sure of that reference]; you're as phony as Al Capone-ee!" To which Greenback modestly purred "Yes, I know."

With blundering old Colonel Kay (an aging sheep dog) giving orders via a futuristic web cam, the pair was always in some sort of a pickle and always found hilarious ways to get out of it. This was great family entertainment and if you get a chance to see it on TV, or to buy or rent the DVD's then do so as it's a classic.moreless

DangerMouse is a wonderful show and earn extra points for having one of the best theme songs of all time. Great show!

By scotchex2, Mar 04, 2011

DangerMouse will always have a place in my heart. If nothing else, it has one of the all time great theme songs. "He's the fastest, he's the greatest, he's the best!" Genius!

The animation was a bit limited and not overly impressive. But the character designs were iconic and top notch. DangerMouse with his trademark eye patch and Penfold in his little suit work wonderfully well.

For an American, DangerMouse also holds a unique appeal. The sly and absurdist British wit were a sharp contrast to the American cartoons at the time. I know I had never seen anything quite like it. There's also the fact that Americans are easily impressed with British accents, even on carton characters.

Surprisingly, the success of DangerMouse did not lead to more British cartoons on American TV. DangerMouse stands out as a sort of one-off success. It's the Monty Python of cartoons.

All in all, a wonderfully odd and engaging cartoon.moreless

I loved this show as a kid, Danger Mouse rocks, and so does Penfold.

By kevinb4444, Mar 22, 2007

This show was very entertaining, I cought it in the Nickelodean days as all but a select few probably did. I have a buddy who has all the DVD's which is cool, because now he can show this show to his kids. I liked everything except the bad guys voice, that was hard to listen to sometimes. Danger Mouse & Penfold were cool, nothing like two rodent crime fighters. this might be a little lesser known, but I would still call this an 80's cartoon classic. I hope I can borrow my buddies DVD, so I can check this show out again, and see what jokes, that are more adult, that I didn't get as a kid.moreless

The Greatest

By dhaworth, Nov 02, 2006

My all-time favourite childrens programme, a view I know is shared with a lot people my age, following numerous pub discussions.

Coming from the Cosgrove/Hall stable (Jamie and the Magic Torch, Chorlton & the Wheelies and later Count Duckula), Dangermouse was probably the funniest thing I had ever seen. Some of the comments the narrator made were simply hilarious, not to mention poor on Penfold, voiced by the late Terry Scott. Not to be forgotten was Brian Trueman, who seems to have been involved with a lot of programmes I remember.

As others here have also mentioned, the humour was cleverly written on various levels, so it appealed to adults and children alike.

It may now be time to buy the DVDs

In my opinion, the best cartoon ever.moreless

after you can't do that on television...

By paperdoll13, Feb 08, 2006

i used to watch this after "you can't do that on television". very unlike most shows i loved. this and he-man and she-ra being the only action adventure toons i was into. something about an eyepatch and a mole in a buisness suit for a partner... makes Danger Mouse hotter and cooler than Mighty ot Mickey.

I can't believe that only few people like this show!

By schoolsucks2005, Dec 12, 2005

I, for one, loved it! The comedy was excellent and the animation was pretty good too! A lot of people don't like it as far as I can see from the TV.COM boards, but I feel this show is underrated. The comedy appealed to all ages, but a different style of humour to shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy.

Dangermouse is such a funny show to watch!

To people of all ages, Danger Mouse is an excellent show.

By babygurl1853, Dec 08, 2005

I didn't watch it when it was originally around, but watching the old episodes on TV, I've actually fallen in love with the show.

The jokes don't only attract children, but adults find them hilarious too. Sometimes you know what's going to be said, but it's still funny. You can't help but love Penfold.

I'm really impressed at all the voices David Jason does - I don't recognise his voice when I listen to it back! I always assumed he voiced Penfold until I came on here.

The bad guys were always hilariously funny, and Colonel K was brilliant, and if you asked me my favourite episode, I don't think I could tell you because there are so many!moreless

God I love this show!

By mrsfleeshman, Oct 16, 2005

This was one of my favourite shows when I was little and I can still watch it today. Its incredibly funny and clever at the same time. I love the fact that they live in a post box and that Penfold is so weedy! They are such brilliant characters and whoever wrote this show is a genius!

Load More Reviews