Vacation

Episode Reviews (6)

Superb

"Maybe we all lead from 1 filing job to the next" Daisy, Daisy Adair.

By iamthelexx, Oct 08, 2007

Death takes a day off, and Rube is behind on his filing, so enlists the reapers to help, and George takes him into the digital age by storing the details on a computer at Happy Time, with the help of Crystal, the strange receptionist. Meanwhile Mason uncovers Daisy's feelings when he investigates her private thoughts prior to her death on the set of Gone With The Wind, she has never felt loved. Meanwhile, the gravelings are bored on their day off and make sculptures out of anything they can find, and The LAss's enjoy a final holiday at the camp they celebrated with George.moreless

when millies family takes a holiday, shes beginning to regret dieing and becoming a reaper

By satans-muse, Mar 02, 2007

this is a classic! i like the fact that mason asks daisy out and when she finally agrees minutes later he cancels after reading someones final thought that read something like 'oh, adair, daisy' (not sure if i got that quote right please forgive me if ive not) and shes confused by this. but the paperwork that they have to do is to record everyones final thought before they died (as ive said a line or two ago) and this is a tedious task and millie has a bright idea that they could use happy time's computers to record the data which is sped along by the help of the secretary.moreless

Best episode of season one!

By B-Man92, Feb 25, 2007

This is another great episode of this incredible series, and my favourite episode of season one.

Death takes a day off, but the Reapers are forced into doing mass ammounts of Paperwork. They have to organize the tons of people that have died into categories by their last thoughts. When writing all the thoughts down becomes to difficult, they head over to happy time, where George no longer works but st ill has the key to.

This is a pretty sad episode though, as we can clearly see how much George\'s family is falling apart since her death, especially when you can compare the flashbacks as a happy family to their miserable lives now.

We also learn alot about Daisy. George mentioned in an earlier episode that she can tell that Daisy is sad about something. In this episode, we sort of discover what that is, but I won\'t spoil it.

This is an incredible episode, with a great and very well put together storyline.moreless

An excellent installment... wonderful scenes with the Lass family, especially the flashbacks, and present-tense scenes with Reggie and Joy.

By MissNoodles01, Aug 30, 2006

From the beginning, it looked good; Death taking a day off. The scene with the small children playing around the refridgerator and not getting crushed, the man dropping his match at a gas statio; all wonderful. The gravelings were great as the little bit of comedy they threw in. I personally enjouyed the Lass-centric nature of this episode; It was nice to see Joy and Reggie bonding, as well as George's flashbacks to the lake. Although I remain firm in my belief that George and Mason would be totally AWESOME together, his conversation with Daisy was truly written and flawlessly executed, and showed a new side of Daisy.moreless

Poor Reggie and Joy.

By SleepTight, Jul 11, 2006

‘Vacation’ is a brilliant episode focusing on George’s old family who go on vacation and the gremlins taking a day off making the reapers file some paper works.

The paper work filing wasn’t entire interesting at first even though it managed to give us some humorous moments. I liked how Roxy stood up for once and made Rube and the rest go to Happy Time where Crystal was watching them,. She’s very creepy but hilarious. I love her stare and loved her scene with Roxy.

Meanwhile Daisy and Mason work together but Daisy tired of hearing herself talk about men and after reading a lot of ‘lasts words’ she decides to ask Mason out for a drink.

The main storyline was Joy, Clancy and Reggie going on vacation.

I could hardly stand Clancy anymore, he’s such a bad husband and I hate how he threads Joy, he should just divorce her instead of making her miserable. He didn’t want to play some lousy monopoly and he kept having these calls of someone who only talked to him.

I have a lot of sympathy for Joy, she’s a good human that doesn’t deserve all of that. I loved how she tried and her last scene with Reggie talking about going to another place the next vacation.

The difference was so big from the flashbacks where the family was very happy but that clearly changed.

At the end of it all, George has thoughts about her death being her birth and that life is actually vacation.

Also we learn what Daisy’s last thoughts were ‘Why does no one love me’?

moreless

"It doesn't work with just the two of us"

By Doron123, Jun 05, 2005

This episode focused heavily on George's old family.

We find them on their way to a yearly vacation, which none of them seem too eager to get to.

At the same time, we get flashes of the same vacation when George was little. Things where very different back then: George was a sweet and happy child, with loving, happily married parents.

Today, Joy (the mother) and Clancy (the father) do nothing but fight. Joy keeps answering the phone, only to hear someone hang up. When Clancy picks it up, it's suddenly "office stuff", and he needs to go to the other room to talk. We can see it in Joy's eyes - she suspects him, and rightly so.

Even at the resort, Clancy is detached. Joy makes an effort, but Clancy won't even play a lousy game of monopoly with his wife and (now) only daughter. Joy tells Reggie that they can play without him, but she tells her that "It doesn't work with just the two of us".

That's true for more than just monopoly.

The reapers are sort of a side plot tonight.

Death itself is also on vacation (or at least his most annoying workers are), so the reapers use this time to catch up on paper-work.

I liked the way George brought the death business into the 21st century. Seeing Rube type 4 words a minute was priceless....

Mason really surprised me.

It was obvious that they'll never get to the drinks Daisy promised him, but I was sure she would be the one to cancel it.

Mason realized how much those last thoughts of loneliness hit close to home for her, and decided not to take advantage of the situation.

That earns him some points in my book.

Her last thought: "Why has no one ever loved me?".

So maybe Mason will? I doubt it, but let's wait and see.moreless