Defiance

Good
7.8

Here we go again

By Damianna15, Mar 16, 2014

This show has Rockne S. O'Bannon all over it. I liked the first season because I like him, and LOVED Farscape. This is not Farscape, but I think it's worth a wait, and am anxious to see Season 2. All the aliens look Human--so to speak--and all the problems listed by others about the show seem reasonable, but. . . . Wait and see. I HATED BSG when it came out until a friend of mine told me to give it another go. Super glad now that I had even though the ending was SO BAD they had to follow up with--what was it, Caprica(?). I'd like to see what O'Bannon could do with Dr. Who. That's another show soon to be too quickly destroyed. Moffat needs to get out of the sand box with the complex stupidity. But again: wait and see where it goes.moreless

That show is awesome :D

By DragoDuval7164, Mar 04, 2014

The alien, the monster, the action and the humor, all awesome, especially Irisa, damn she cute :D

No more MadMax like shows

By faditech, Dec 14, 2013

I waited 2 months for Defiance to start, I kept my patience in the can and was waiting for something to happen that would just take this show to an interesting level, but after I watched episode 3 ... this show is out - its like watching a diluted version of Mad Max with a pinch of Halloween Aliens, some aliens look like cats, some with a gift wrapper skin but the nastiest are over powdered. All this action is in a junk yard.moreless

Watchable, but only just.

By Belfaborac, Oct 23, 2013

Given the shameless hype I expected a clever, well-made Sci-Fi show, but instead got a dystopian soap. There's nothing new here at all, unless you count the alien races. The characters are all well-known stereotypes we've seen countless times before.

Basically it's just an old Western show that's been transported to the future and where some characters have been given heavy make-up. So while I've watched the first season, there's no way I'll bother watching the next one.

ok, not great. (*some spoilers*)

By stafdude, Sep 15, 2013

Most of the main actors actually do a decent job considering the circumstances (J. Murray seems to play the same type of character in all shows, be it Dexter, Warehouse13 or Spartacus - however she does it well :) ). Irisa is mostly just annoying, she strikes u more like an obstinate teen than an actual alien devouring mother. What irks me about this show are a couple of things. The "aliens" are, as per usual, humanoids with skin paint, colored lenses and some latex pasted onto the face. Anyone w a brain realizes that any actual alien races will NOT look like humans (more convincing aliens can be found in halo, starship troopers, district 9, some species in the mass effect series). This of course is a budgetary issue I guess (CGI costs to much). The storyline is, so far, pretty generic ; outcasts with special abilities (visions), the coming of the big bad (angel of death), individuals vs the state (NY) etc... To me it feels more like a western with aliens, but maybe that will change. Like the music though, reminds me of Firefly (sigh). Overall not great, but better than whats around at the moment . Also, I really like the concept of tying a show to a video game. The best case scenario would be a show that actually follows developments in the game between seasons, but maybe that is too much to ask for...moreless

OMFG!

By olafweyer, Jul 25, 2013

I am 29 minutes into Episode 11 and this show just exploded into character development. Suddenly I care deeply about our Lawkeeper (the acting was pretty great too) or mayor feels like a real mayor, the political scheming here is awesome and really gritty. Yes the first 9 Episodes haven't been the greatest setup to get to this point, but Defiance just totally redeemed itself. They keep it going like this and don't loose themselves to much in stories-of-the-week, THIS might well be THE show we will remember starting back in 2013 (alongside Bates Motel and The Americans of course). I am wowed!moreless

Disappointing.......

By joeca1234, Jul 15, 2013

Dull, So Dull! The hype around this was so big and i expected it to be at least SCIFI, not Multi- alien compound story! Cancel it now!

I am totally hooked

By lilastanley, Jul 10, 2013

I think this show has a lot of potential for lasting a long time I love how they picked the actors and actresses they really have done a great job with all the costumes and special effects and as far as this being a family show well that depends on how you think everyone has different opinians on what they think is good for kids and as far as Datak and stahma sharing the prostitute well that would be weird but if you watch the last episode Datak threatened to kill stahma but we also got to look at the fact that they are from a different planet and have different ways of doing things in their life as the show portrays...

moreless

I had my reservations about this show

By wiggle47, Jul 09, 2013

At very I had my reservations about this show, taped the pilot, did not liked it, also episode 2 did not work for me, but after I have watch episodes 5 & 6...... got interested, could not follow the story line so I again taped 1st till 10th episode.

Yes I'm Hooked!

Defiance really keeps you guessing with unanswered questions, so I'm always looking forward to the next episode. Acting of several players is really bad, for instance like the actress judith benz (Dexter). Second reason is that I'm not a really Si-Fi fan, but ones a while I do appreciate a good Si-Fi movie or tv show.

Defiance is entertaining, certainly different from other Si-Fi shows I have watch on tv. Story line is good,

the aliens in defiance are realistic. Tony Curran who plays Datak Tarr - great actor.

I must admit Defiance has an originality of it's own and that is fantastic!

moreless

Outstanding, Unique & Entertaining

By kennyjones585, Jul 07, 2013

This first season has been an exciting rollercoaster of introduction to plots & characters. This show has the potential to take so many different avenues yet never leave the city! My only disappointment was Sukar being killed. His characters continued presence could have made for some interesting viewing! Love the show!!!!

Load More Reviews