Defiance

Good
7.8

Twin Peaks Part Two?

By cheriebery, Jul 13, 2014

I loved the first season of Defiance but I don't know about this hot mess they have going in season two. They took a show that had a chance to become decent sci fi and made it into a confusing Twin Peaks remake, Each week they try to top themselves in the weird department. They took a show that was going somewhere I would have gone and rebooted it needlessly into a messy salad of too many alien species and some strange quasi-religious theme. Well, fire, walk with me right the heck away from here.moreless

They shortened the opening theme!

By DavideBertolini, Jul 06, 2014

Why on earth would they do that? I love McCreary's music. I think it adds a lot to the atmosphere of the show. I want to hear the whole crescendo at the beginning of the episode!

Please, stop this show

By MonkeyPasta, Jul 03, 2014

It's embarrassing even for SyFy. It's like Captain Power made his way to our time and learned the basics of Photoshop or whatever they use in movie industry to create cheap glossy effects and crappy textures.

New season appraisal

By Amorlind, Jun 30, 2014

Disappointed by the beginning of the 2nd season...

Too many cliches...

The magic and the natural of the first season seem to be gone

Defiantly disappointing...

By ELMarcel, Jun 24, 2014

A intriguing background story - the invasion, the various alien races, the terraforming, the war that led to a new world order - left out to show little stories about cops, monsters and ''You feel me?'' tantruns.

What a pity.

Everything interesting that could have been built with that compeling background story of the pilot is lost in a festival of cliches, bad quality of writing and increased destruction of logic and common sense.

Decrease another point in my rating.

Totally digging it.

By DeviousT22, May 15, 2014

Soooo even though Sci-fi is really my favorite television category, I'm always cautious starting a new one because often a potentially good sci-fi gets ruined by either bad actors or poor writing. That having been said...

I think Defiance is Great so far! I would say more, but honestly, if you like sci-fi, just check it out for yourself.

Edit: Lost 3 points for season finale. Won't spoil or anything, but generally a total cliff hanger with zero resolution to first season. Non-stop mysteries with no resolution = worst technique in TV history to get people to come back next season, and only really works on dumb monkeys. I'm always stupefied with how long people stuck with Lost, watched a little, grasped the theme, through it in the garbage...

So anyways, mostly fun season, will probably give it a second chance next season, but if that ends up being the thing I will have to let this show go. Which will be sad, because it has potential.moreless

Here we go again

By Damianna15, Mar 16, 2014

This show has Rockne S. O'Bannon all over it. I liked the first season because I like him, and LOVED Farscape. This is not Farscape, but I think it's worth a wait, and am anxious to see Season 2. All the aliens look Human--so to speak--and all the problems listed by others about the show seem reasonable, but. . . . Wait and see. I HATED BSG when it came out until a friend of mine told me to give it another go. Super glad now that I had even though the ending was SO BAD they had to follow up with--what was it, Caprica(?). I'd like to see what O'Bannon could do with Dr. Who. That's another show soon to be too quickly destroyed. Moffat needs to get out of the sand box with the complex stupidity. But again: wait and see where it goes.moreless

That show is awesome :D

By DragoDuval7164, Mar 04, 2014

The alien, the monster, the action and the humor, all awesome, especially Irisa, damn she cute :D

No more MadMax like shows

By faditech, Dec 14, 2013

I waited 2 months for Defiance to start, I kept my patience in the can and was waiting for something to happen that would just take this show to an interesting level, but after I watched episode 3 ... this show is out - its like watching a diluted version of Mad Max with a pinch of Halloween Aliens, some aliens look like cats, some with a gift wrapper skin but the nastiest are over powdered. All this action is in a junk yard.moreless

Watchable, but only just.

By Belfaborac, Oct 23, 2013

Given the shameless hype I expected a clever, well-made Sci-Fi show, but instead got a dystopian soap. There's nothing new here at all, unless you count the alien races. The characters are all well-known stereotypes we've seen countless times before.

Basically it's just an old Western show that's been transported to the future and where some characters have been given heavy make-up. So while I've watched the first season, there's no way I'll bother watching the next one.

Load More Reviews