I Guess This is Goodbye (2)

Episode Reviews (19)

Paul is back, Susan leaves the Lane

By Jessesgirl92, Jun 05, 2015

Relatively mixed feelings. It did have the excitement of the finale, and hooked me in. Plots were wrapped up and others interested that make me very excited for next season.

Here are the pros and cons:

PAUL. Having him back will hopefully make next season as wonderful as Season 1. He added so much to the show. Hopefully with him back we'll hear more about Mary Alice, Zach, and Felicia. Obviously, he got out of jail for "killing" Felicia so we'll find out why, and he also seems to be after someone on the lane, there has to be a reason why he's back and why he has that suspicious look on his face.

Juanita, "Mama"- I was really annoyed that we didn't get to see Gabby's reaction, but hopefully we will see it (and Carlos') next season and I'm excited to see what happens. Also, again, it brings up 1st season plotlines again, and those are unbeatable.

Angie- her plotline was wrapped up nicely. It wasn't the most interesting mystery of the series, but I'm glad Patrick is gone and everyone else in her family is okay. There was tension and excitement during the scene with the bomb.

Gabby- she was just absolutely hilarious the entire time, with her Angie accent, her hasty goodbye to Susan, etc. Also it was nice having involved in the mystery since she usually is not. That usually goes to Bree and/or Susan and this time it went to Gabby and Lynette.

Also,, Lynette's baby was born and she's healthy.

Eddie- After all the anticipation for the town strangler, I hated the way this was wrapped up. It was so a anti-climactic. It was exciting when Lynette was being held hostage while in labor but then Eddie turns himself in and nothing is mentioned again. We don't see Lynette leaving his house, Tom's (or anyone's) reactions to the fact that she was being held hostage by Eddie and that the baby was born at his house, and most importantly, we don't see anyone's reaction to the news that the strangler was identified. I would have loved to see the cops come and take Eddie, and Lynette leaving the house, getting the medical care she really needs, and recounting the events to Tom and all her friends, then getting a reaction (particularly from Susan!) about the strangler's identity. Especially because Susan had that nice relationship with Eddie, I would have loved to see what she thought of the fact that he was the one who almost killed her daughter. I think this was the worst part of the finale.

Bree- As much as I love the discussion of a very good topic from Season 1 (Juanita being run over), I hate that she just gave everything up to Sam. Also, I really like her and Orson and I'm sad that he left her. It also seemed a bit too rushed. And it was weird considering most of the season we suspected an end to their relationship because Bree was filing for divorce, then they're okay and you think it will stay that way, then he leaves anyway.

Susan- I hate that they're moving out of Wisteria Lane. I hope she will stay be a main character in the show, but the whole point is that they're all supposed to live together on the same street, and this just ruins it for no reason. Also, another fight between Susan and Mike? Haven't we seen enough?

I have mixed feelings about the nurse/someone having a child who's not theirs topic. It is interesting, but it is also kind of stupid. I mean now one of the housewives (I'm assuming) has to find out their child isn't theirs? What the hell? It just seems forced.

Either way, I'm very excited for Season 7moreless

The 6th Season Ends With Lynette Giving Birth To Her Baby. Bree Must Hand Over The Company To Sam. Angie Confronts Patrick With An Explosive Conclusion.

By Matt16020-FIN, May 28, 2012

The 6th season was not the best season the series could offer but it got the ending it always deserved. I really liked this episode in many aspects. It was plausible throughout and just plain entertaining. The acting was really intense and excellent. Drea De Matteo gives her best performance in the series. I won't spoil the ending from you but it is literally an explosive finale. I was really happy about it. I'm sad Sam destroyed the company that Bree had been building for many years. Poor Bree. I'd like to see where the storyline of the Delfinos will go. The scenes with Lynette and Eddie were marvelous. Flawless end to good season! The last scene was really intense. See ya all in season 7!moreless

Booom baaam booom baaam boom paul....huh?! *dies*

By Kadodian, Jan 27, 2012

Okay so, I watched the first episode of the finale and this one about three days apart and I can just say something, great idea!

The tension was just too much too handle. I love how Desperate Housewives is focusing more on being thrilling in the last couple of seasons, then on being smart.

Yes the storylines are over the top, but hey it's Desperate Housewives. If they're not then why are watching?

Okay, the storylines of this episode:

Gabrielle tries helping the Bolens by attempting to get the aid of Patrick. When that fails, she tricks a depressed, leaving Susan into helping her unitentionally while she tries to help Danny escape. Meanwhile Lynette is helf captive by Eddie who wants to take her with him until he knows he could escape but that plan goes to hell when Lynette's water breaks.

Bree hands over her company to Sam, who by the way is one the most annoying and punch worthy characters ever to be featured on this show.

Oscar worthy episode.

Gripping is one word you could use to describe it. The way the last fifteen minutes played out were simply emotionally rollercoastered!

I can go on and on about how nerve wracking it was to just sit there waiting to see what will happen. The ending was a big whoa for me! I mean Paul is back. Way to get everybody excited for season seven.

Flawless finale.moreless

A solid end to a very lazy season of Desperate Housewives

By danny7277, Jun 08, 2011

Why is this Episode scoring so low?? I felt that this was one of the best season finales that Desperate Housewives has given us, I thought is was funny tense and just abit sillly which is all the things you want and expect from Desperate housewives.Gabys storyline was by far the best and ive enjoyed her getting involved in the season mistery arc this year. Her impression of angie wass hilarious!! Susans storyline also had a few laughs in there and some good drama between herself and mike.Lynettes story was abit silly espically considering how quick she gave birth. The bolens leaving i felt was the right descion and Paul young returing is exciting to say the least. bRING ON SEASON 7moreless

By sylviasd, Jan 20, 2011

I scratch my head but find no answer. How a great show like DH could jump the sharks so quickly and so surprisingly? [Please pm me if you know...]

Until last year it was still okay but I lost total interest in season 6.

My favourite character, Katherine, went crazy... and lesbian. Why do the writers now feel obligated to sexually convert their characters whenever they have a lack of inspiration?

What was interesting about this show was the interaction between the four housewives. Now they hardly share the same room anymore... Come on!

What was that stupid Eddy arc? I mean, we hardly know the kid and all of a sudden the whole end of the season revolves around him and it's just dumb.

Not to mention the season 6 'mystery' about Angie, her scars, crazy-husband-having-problem-with-his-son to I-love-you-danny and I-hate-you-but-now-I-can't live-without-you-dad which totally sucked. I wasn't hooked at all and couldn't wait for them to be gone...

Oh, and why did the writers have to ruin Bree who was one of the best housewife on the lane?!

So please, Marc Cherry, if you read this give us back our group of cray lady friends who went through thick and thin together and who I miss so much!moreless

BOOM !

By drago174, Nov 09, 2010

Well producers give us pretty good final with a lot of different plot`s , drama, action and of course some funny too. Desperate as always are for every people to watching. This is serial wihout I can`t imagine how my spring or autumn will look ... so I am really happy this show will be continue in next couple years :) Let`s back to final maybe in point`s :

Lynette in really hard situation made some amazed because she is "good mother" and she always been. During confrontation with serial killer she start to bear and she has a lot of trouble but she never lost her mind and of course WIN

Summary : Lynette has another beautiful child, serial killer go to prison for long long time

Susan lost her house but she rescued her marriage with Mike ( this time they survive :) ). In this final she say "good bye" to every neighbours from Wisteria Lane and be really depressed . At the end she understand situation and will be happy in future.

Summary : in next season her life will be in town close to oli gas station :) Bree try to devasted her "fake" son but finally she lose comapny but gog back she`s real child. Unfortunately she also lose husband for always because Orson leave her after all. Summary : Bree is alone again Gaby save Angie from psycho man. That really suprising me like Gaby can expose her own life "only" for rescue her really "friend". That was action, that was great... when we think maybe Gaby DIE ??!! Angie think about all and she kill bad guy :)

What I anticipate about next season ? hmm he will be really really good Paul Young is back !

Susan in town

Gaby hmm I don`t know plot about her :)

Bree alone so she must searching for new men :) Lynette trouble with new child ?

and some corious thing form hospital ! some kid`s changing >>> ?!

I will be waiting !

What do they mean at the ending with the doctors

By bdancer99, Nov 09, 2010

i was thinking about and wondering if, maybe the doctors accidentally switched MJ, with another chid in the hospital, at first i thought maybe it was Juanita or celia, but they look like gaby and carlos, but MJ doesn't really look like Susan or Mike, that's gonna be so intense if MJ isn't actually their child, it would make the plot even more complicated that's for sure i'm not exactly sure though if that's even going to be the reason for the doctors turning up on Wisteria lane, and saying all that stuff, but who knows

anyway, i really liked this episodemoreless

Susan, Gabrielle, Bree, Lynette, Angie, Patrick, Nick, Danny, Eddie and..... Paul?

By mobbs456, Nov 09, 2010

This is one of the best episodes of season six in my opinion. An 'explosive' ending (more on that later)

Firstly, just what is the thing with the child mix up? Guess we will have to wait for next season

Seeing Bree give in to Sam was quite shocking she doesn't usually give up so easily. And the fact old incidents have come out of the woodwork is also quite a good twist, guess we will have to wait until next season to see the fallout of that revelation.

Susan and Mike moving was quite good but I got a feeling we shall be seeing less of Susan in 7

Lynette giving birth whilst being held captive was quite emotional. Hats off to Felicity Huffman again.

But its Gabrielle and Angie who win this episode. The fact Gabby was willing to help someone for a change shows just how much she has grown. I am sad to see Angie leave. John Barrowman was also killed off. He was actually quite a good bad guy.

And lastly, the ending. What a smack in the chops!moreless

Season 6 ends

By thefanof, Sep 30, 2010

While this was a pretty good episode of Desperate Housewives, considering this was the season finale, it just felt a bit uneventful. This is the last episode for several months, we should have seen things that will keep us talking for months, and I do not think that the return of Paul (aka Duck from Mad Men) is going to get that done, especially since tv.com spoiled it for us a few days ago. Heading into last night's episode we thought we would see a lot of conflict, possibly some struggles, and we got virtually none. The payoff for the Angie and Patrick storyline was anti-climatic, and Eddie just turning himself in? Come on.

The biggest letdown for me was Bree simply signing over her company to Sam without a fight or a struggle. Andrew couldn't have run him over with a car?

A good episode, but I just wanted so much more given this was the season finale.moreless

Load More Reviews