The Ballad of Booth (1)

Episode Reviews (6)

Fair
6.8

It's The Beginning Of The End With A Two-Part Finale. Mike And Susan Rent An Apartment While Patrick Takes Hostages. Bree Has A Plan To Get Rid Of Sam.

By Matt16020-FIN, Apr 28, 2012

This episode is a very good setup for the final face-off between Patrick and Angie. The plot with Bree and Sam has been very good and intense. That scene where the two men were trying to scare him off was pure gold. The story of the Bolens is coming to an end. The scene where Gaby asks Angie to taste her lasagna was just amazing. However I will be the first to admit John Barrowman has done a very good job as the revenge seeking man. There are a number of elements here that make this episode work well. The strong perfomances by all cast members regular and the guest stars too. Also the well written suspense scenes are another highlight. Endgame is next.

moreless

Flawless beggining to an epic finale.

By Kadodian, Jan 27, 2012

Regardless of what other fans say, I think seasons five and six of desperate housewives were so much better than the fourth season and almost up to the standards of the first three. I honestly loved this episode.

It had was exciting, it had heartfelt moments and I was very impressed with how such a chaotic season fell together into a very smart beggining of a very exciting end.

Highlight of the episode : The ending when Eddie locks the door.

One of the most chilling moments of the entire season.

They really did make the Eddie storyline as exciting as can be. Loved it!moreless

In part 1 of the season 6 finale, Bree might have to reveal a secret; Angie and Gaby form an alliance in their darkest hours; Susan and Mike make a big decision; Bree considers revealing a family secret, whereas Lynette's fate is held in Eddie's hands.

By Marmalade11, May 15, 2010

Intense!! I loved this episode. Season 6 might be my favorite season if they manage to work this out correctly. The storylines all flow really well and are extremely good, but the consequences for each of these storylines could end up either good or bad. I hope the writers think about what they're going to do after all of this flows out in 6x23.

It appears that this finale is trying to be a HUGE game-changer and it could possibly go over the boundaries...which can be a good or bad thing. Alas, let me review the episode:

All of it was good. But if Susan moves, will they really care? They hardly hang out with each other in the first place! The only two characters that ever interact with each other are Susan and Gaby. Lynette is so dumb for confronting Eddie like that. Why couldn't she just let him go so that way her baby might not die? She is so dumb! UGH. And then her water breaks, how convenient (and cliche)! But I'm not complaining, I'm psyched.

Something tells me the stupid bombs not gonna go off, as much as I want to.. but I think that'd be pushing it too far.moreless

...Or how I learned to love the bomb

By RobGrizz, May 15, 2010

Pushing towards the finale, the last chunk of episodes from Desperate Housewives has really picked up. Keeping the momentum from last week is another solid entry that get's us ready for the big season 6 climax.

The Bolen plotline is finally paying off. Patrick, contrary to his good looks, is one nasty S.O.B, and continues to taunt and threaten Angie- he needs her to make him another bomb. I'm a little hazy on the eco-terrorist thing. I thought these were people who purposefully try to harm the planet. I guess it's the other way around. These people are willing to kill to save some trees? How backwards is that? Either way, it makes me chuckle a little, but Pat is deadly serious, and after tricking Danny into coming back to the house, he now has the two of them at his mercy. How can the Bolens get out of this?

Gabrielle seemingly didn't have any exciting material going into to the finale. She was concerned with making Carlos a delicious meal? I liked the reference about Carlos' mom from Season 1 (little did I know that would be foreshadowing for a key element later) and Gaby did get to comedically shine with her annoying visits to Angie. Why didn't she go to Bree for cooking advice? Because then she wouldn't get a cool note in the casserole about Angie and Danny being held hostage! Will she be able to rescue them? My only regret from the inclusion of Sam into Bree's storyline is that it didn't happen sooner. This has been interesting for me from the get go, and it's a shame it has only taken place for this last quarter of the season. However, maybe that's the secret to why this plot has been so good; Perfect pacing. Andrew and Orson are helping Bree cook up a way to kick out Sam from the business. The wheelchair/fighting cracks don't really go anywhere, but I did think cutting Sam a check was a generous and classy move. Bree was as polite and gracious as she could be, but Sam was insulted and refused to be bought. Next, Bree passive aggressively gave the young ward a threat in the form of two former detectives that have no bones about roughing him up, should he continue to harass her. Again, leave it to Bree to be polite and gracious with this 'tea party' as well! Gotta give credit to Sam, too though, for firing back: He's got some great blackmail dirt on Bree regarding Andrew running over Carlos' mother! (Oh! So that's why Carlos- A great S1 callback!) Can't wait to see what happens here! Will she sign her empire over to this slimeball? Susan had a plan for helping she and Mike get some money to cover their financial woes- squeeze his former clients for money. She tried the sympathy route, but when that didn't fly, she went with bullying. Susan was cute both in these scenes, and in her momentary triumph, when she brought the cash back to hubby. But I couldn't shake the feeling of pushy debt collectors on the phone, and as a whole the storyline rubbed me the wrong way. Police investigated the murder of Irina, and Lynette feared, they might suspect Preston. She also grew concerned about the disappearance of Eddie's mom. Eddie, all the while was becoming more and more nervous. She continued to be really sweet to him, and in truth, I'm really feeling for Eddie right now. I don't condone what he did (even though Irina and his mom were both b*tches) He's scared, he's confused, and he seems genuinely sorry. Not sure if I want him to get away with it, or come clean and be forgiven..it's just not possible. Lest I forget he is a serial killer! So why am I so worried about him? For me, this character has been the biggest revelation and may have single-handedly saved an uneven season 6. Lynette made one inquiry too many, and now she's locked in a house with this maniac! From the look of next week's promo's she'll be giving birth (of course). Eddie seems to really care about her. Will he have it in him to kill her off? Can he deliver that baby? Will someone die? I'm eager to see this play out!moreless

Part 1 of the season finale

By thefanof, May 15, 2010

Hmm, this is essentially the Season 4 finale done all over again. A woman is held hostage by a man from her past, who is seeking vengeance. Yeah, this is EXACTLY like the season 4 finale.

But that does not mean this was not a good episode. We had a little bit of comedy with Susan, and a lot of drama with the other housewives. Definitely excited about the final part of the season to air next week, I just wish this would have aired in a two hour block because I really want to see what happens!

I hope we get one surprise, but I have a feeling everyone will get out safely. Maybe Orson will get out of the wheelchair to save the day?moreless

Good set up for the next episode

By vicky24c, May 15, 2010

In this episode of Desperate Housewives, the following happens. When Preston's ex-fiancĂ©e is found murdered, he is called in for questioning. Luckily, he was in Europe when the other murders happened and so he is let go. Lynette learns that Eddie's mother is dead and goes to tell him. During which he claims she is out of state, but soon she learns that he is the one who killed his mother and the other women. Angie is still being held captive and soon so his her son Danny. Patrick also makes her make another bomb. She manages to get a secret message to Gabby. But will Gabby be able to help her before it's too late.moreless