Di-Gata Defenders

Show Reviews (7)

Great

Digata Defenders had real potential. Im sad that its not available anywhere on the web.

By taiame, Feb 07, 2009

I REALLY liked this show. And im even surprised that i came across it because its so unavailable. Since i live in california, its not aired here because i found it on YTV. I got to watch about 7 episodes from the first season, which made me upset because i wanted more and there was none.

Im extremely picky about the shows i watch. If anyone were to look at my favorites, they all have some dash of romance. I was upset that i didnt really get to see the foretold romance between melosa and adam.

But there was little which got my interest, so i guess they did fine in that department.

Anyways, another great creation nevlana.moreless

The twists and turns of the story's plot will make you beg for more with each episode that passes. Trust me.

By Runty_Grunty, Feb 12, 2008

I've always found that a lot of action/adventure TV shows are somewhat predictable in where they're gonna go. And you also had a lot of TV episodes which end in "everything's back to normal", or has something in it you're totally expecting. And then Di-Gata Defenders came along, and I now never really know what to expect.

This is a series where you need to watch each episode to make sure you get all the details. Things can change in an instant, making the story much more complicated than it initially seems. What first starts off as a quest to find four mystical stones in order to chain a great beast becomes an adventure unlike any other.

One of the biggest selling points, however, is the amount of detail that was put into the show. The voice actors were well-picked (unlike with some shows, i.e. One Piece 4Kids dub), the animations are smooth and beautiful, and you just have to marvel at the backgrounds. It's incredibly detailed.

While the U.S. is only in the first season, we here in Canada are into the second. Be warned: you cannot afford to miss a SINGLE episode!moreless

Intresting, has every singal detail a good show needs, orngial and entertaining. Mad at 4k!ds, thought.*WARNING! spoilers in this review, don't like, don't read on*

By Bgal29, Feb 02, 2008

Ok, I know what your thinkin', 'Oh noes, it's one of those people that been fans since the beginning!!!!!!!!!!!11111111' Don't. Look, I thought it was stupid before, but, after a while, I got hooked on it.

I guess I'm not the only one. Ok, how many of you fans thought this show was one of those sucky ones before you got obsessed? *many hands raised* I thought so. This show has many plot twists that you'll never belived, its characters shall intrest you, has a lot of stuff fans crave for in a show, and it's orngail.

"But this is one of those game things." Look, don't let the game based on the show fool you. The dice they used in the show were used as weaponds. "4k!ds shows suck" It wasn't made by that station. If it did, then there won't be any character death in it(yes, people die in it), they won't mention the words 'dying', 'death', 'dead' and 'kill' in it, Adam's past won't be even in the story, some of the episodes won't even exsits and there won't be the Adam/Mel 'Acuard moment'. It was distrubed by a Canadian station.

"Canada cartoons all suck" Well, aren't we rasits. Look, just because something's made from Canada, doesn't mean it sucks. Ok, I'm not a fan of ALL shows made from Canada, but I like the decent ones. Ok, the main reason I gave it a 9.9 is because of Kara sounds younger then she's suposed to be. I mean, she's at least 12. But, she's voice acted by the same person that did Minnie Moon in the sailor moon dub. Not one of those crappy 4k!ds actors.moreless

A great cartoon from Canada, my home country!

By nduns, Dec 13, 2007

This show is great. I am disappointed that 4kids owns the rights to airing it in America, but at least they can't edit it since it's originally in English. It may not be on the right channel for American viewers, but it is still worth watching. It's a very cool show which follows the story of 4 teens trying to find Di-Gata stones which contain powers. Now, the episode guide would be much longer if this section was being updated by Canadians since Canada is much farther into the series, but I'm just glad Canada made something so good. This is a great show. Give it a chance.moreless

This show features 4 teenagers fighting against the evil Order of Infinus for the 4 Pure Stones to bind the vile Megalithe. In Season 2, the Defenders are joined by the rougish Adam and the impatient Rion, and say goodbye to Kara for a little while.

By Becca331110, Oct 11, 2007

When this show came out, I really didn't watch it. Now I am crazy for it! This show is incredible! It has amazing plot twists, highly likeable charactors (and in Seth's case, highly lovable ;) ) and I just love Adam/Mel! Personally, the show details normal feelings in a very dangerous context. It also has twists you just don't know when or where will come. Seth's merging? UNEXPECTED! Mel's Wizard Power? UNKNOWN! It is an amazing show, full of drama, romance (ADAM/MEL!), comedy, angst and just general satisfaction at one of the most excellent shows in this world! YAY DI-GATA DEFENDERS!moreless

Four kids with strange powers, a world to defend, villains to defeat... What more could I ask for?

By Kaliopso, Oct 03, 2007

Don't judge a book by its cover. That's what I thought when I first saw the Di-Gata Defenders trailer. At the beginning, I had little hope of finding interest in this show because of all the unworthy modern cartoons being released at the same time. However, my curiosity got the better of me and I watched the two hours special for the show's premiere. It was far better than what I was expecting. Unlike recent cartoons, the plot in this one got me hooked right away. The goal of the heroes is clearly explained in the first episode without useless information. The characters are developed, which adds a bit more realism to them, and the show has a great mix of humor, adventure and action.

Another thing that caught my attention was the originality of the show. The fact that they all fight with dice-looking stones is interesting, and the whole concept of Rados makes me want to learn more. Also, the cartoon's rather dark side enchanted me. The characters actually get hurt while fighting, at last! But, unfortunately, this show also has a few flaws. The animation, which is anime-based, sometimes seems rushed and imperfect. Also, inconsistencies tend to occur, but they can easily be forgotten. And so, overall, the show is worth the watch. I would most recommend it to young teens, though, since it can seem childish for older people.moreless