Doctor Who: Here's Your First Look at the 50th Anniversary Special (PHOTOS)

By Kaitlin Thomas

Oct 16, 2013

Guys. Whovians. Everyone. This is important. Are you sitting down? I'll wait. Are you ready now? Good, because BBC America has finally released photos from Doctor Who upcoming 50th anniversary special, "The Day of the Doctor." 

This is our first real look at the special, at the action, and at David Tennant and John Hurt standing next to Matt Smith (!!!). This is probably the most exciting news regarding the special we've had in weeks. Though to be fair, the last announcement was simply that "The Day of the Doctor," will be simulcast live around the world on Saturday, November 23, so photos were bound to be at least a little sexier than that. One person is suspiciously absent from them, though: Where's Billie Piper

Anyway, take a look at the gallery below and then hit the comments to freak out with me. 

Be honest, on a scale from 1 to Donna Noble after saving the world, how excited are you? 

• Comments (35)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • WildPict Oct 23, 2013

Those pix are awesome! I can't wait!!!!

• stingerq8 Oct 21, 2013

i'm Gonna miss Smith though and i still miss Tennant i want them all to stay forever :p greedy Whovian :) i got what i wanted in a way with this special i'm exciterrified! i sense Mass Squeeing through time and space on the 23rd

• graindesable Oct 16, 2013

Am I the only one to be scared of being disappointed by this episode ?
    I love Doctor Who ; I love David Tennant, I'm super excited about Peter Capaldi being the next Doctor but so much is done around this episode.... Meh ... We'll see...

• JT_Kirk Oct 16, 2013

Aww man I just squee'd in my pants from that first photo.

What the heck, Kaitlin? Why does Matt Smith, the one guy who definitely is supposed to be there, get a "(!!!)" while Tennant gets nada? Also, Smith's wig looks pretty wiggy.

• IndianaMom Oct 16, 2013

Yeah, no Billie Piper or Joanna Page. Maybe pix of them would give away too much. I'm glad to see Kate Stewart from UNIT back.

• ElisaDiaz Oct 16, 2013

I look forward to the special as I look forward to everything Doctor Who. I'm totally sold to the show, in the most childish way, but without arriving to killing for it or anything like that :) So Billy Piper is confirmed? It's a pitty that they had to make up a third doctor because none of the prior ones were available for the special (you BBC guys should have been nicer to Eccleston!!)

• JT_Kirk Oct 16, 2013

It's right there on the Hollywood-style posters: "with Billie Piper | and John Hurt"

• Colin_Rob_Rock Oct 16, 2013

I can't wait to see Tennant, Piper, and Colman on screen together

• sleepy-sonic Oct 16, 2013

I can't wait to see Tennant and Smith together on screen.

• MichelleHood24 Oct 16, 2013

David tennant and Matt smith have been my favourite doctors, I'm excited to see them together it will be awesome.

• See More Comments (6)