Doctor Who's First Season 8 Promo: The New Doctor Lands This August (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

May 23, 2014

BBC America has released the first teaser for Doctor Who Season 8, which will mark Peter Capaldi's big debut as the Doctor Number Twelve (yes, yes, we know it's his thirteenth face, or whatever; let's not rehash that again). It feels like we said goodbye to Matt Smith's quirky, bow-tie-wearing, fez-loving Doctor ages ago, so even though the new footage doesn't give much away—it's just Capaldi's instantly recognizable silhouette in the TARDIS, as the familiar Doctor Who theme music plays—it's definitely enough to get Whovians everywhere excited about the next chapter in the Doctor's story.

There's still no official premiere date for Season 8, and I'm fairly certain we already knew that the new season would kick off this August, but now we have official video confirmation. So, clear your Saturdays in August until further notice, and then hit play on the teaser below!

On a scale from 1 to 12, how excited are you for Doctor Who to return?

• Comments (47)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • JeremyClark Jun 26, 2014

from what I,ve read, the new series of DR Who starts on the same day when Dr Who starts in the uk.

• tannerscott1990 May 25, 2014

The new Doctor looks like Slenderman in the promo.

• BereniceAndrea May 24, 2014

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• vicbjones May 24, 2014

That was worth a headline on the front page?

I wish they'd put that "DW" in the shape of the TARDIS back in the logo though.

• Darkflame2006 May 24, 2014

British video can be found here:

However it doesn't give away anything, not worth the 16 seconds watch in my opinion, lol

• Smidge032 May 24, 2014

8... I'm looking forward to catching up with Clara but I'm always less excited about a new Doctor until I see more of them.

• Ralle1988 May 24, 2014

• fangtasiaforev May 24, 2014

10, he was the best doctor of all!

• sleepy-sonic May 24, 2014

Twelve.

• Genesistt May 24, 2014

Not available in my country?????????? You bunch of SOBs!

• See More Comments (13)