Dollhouse

Show Reviews (188)

Great

Dollhouse come back!

By djswanson54, Sep 16, 2014

I would love to see another show based on Dollhouse with many of the same characters and perhaps even Dollhouse itself! This is one of the best shows I've seen in a long, long time! It is brilliant and innovative and we need more of this kind of tv! Please, resurrect Dollhouse!!!

Better than most shows of the past 10 years

By ELMarcel, Jul 19, 2014

Only now, in 2014, I watched this show and i can safely say that it is probably the most creative tv series of Joss Whedon. And also sits among the top 10 overall in the last decade. New on the content, new on format. Intriguing.

MOD PLEASE DELETE

By Ethanescence, Jul 13, 2014

MOD PLEASE DELETE

Absolutely Brilliant

By katelynsunday, Apr 27, 2014

An absolutely brilliant show, loved every second of it. Surprisingly powerful at times, I felt a connection to the characters, and bawled my eyes out at the finale.

more information....

By nataliaaraujodesouza, Oct 15, 2013

Hi, I live in Brazil, my name is Natalia, watched a few episodes of doll house .... I wonder if there are any website that I can download the complete series subtitled or dubbed into Portuguese?? I appreciate the attention ... : *

Floppy Plot

By plasticducks, Apr 02, 2013

The series started off OKAY. The plot was written pretty solidly and each episode was predictable. It was written in the style that Medium was. Echo wakes up and takes on a new personality which was pretty interesting.

For the cons: The bad guys always changed. They changed too much. First the Dollhouse was the bad guy and the FBI agent was working to uncover it. Then it flipped, the show dropped that the Dollhouse was bad, totally ignored that part and then the bad guys became another Dollhouse. There was always an enemy and I found that the characters would hate one another at one point but then that hate would be dropped and they would magically become friends again. The series was clearly not written well. The writers obviously did not think the plot through. It started off as being written like Medium (well organized and well written) but then they flipped back and forth with this weird Apocalypse thing, bad clients, Echo becoming her own person, Catherine not mattering anymore, and the nutty corporation that was set out to ruin the world. Also some characters would agree with the enemy and the plot would get confusing because they weren't supposed to agree with the enemy.

It could have been a fantastic series but it flopped by the end of the first season.moreless

Alpha lover forever! Go Alan!

By Yukikitty666, Dec 20, 2012

I loved that Joss Wheadon chose Alan Wray Tudyk for Alpha. He makes an amazing bad guy. Especially a criminally insane villan. Joss Wheadon is amazing when he's not killing off your favorite character! I was sad when Topher died, and he made the story really well. It could have gone without the loads of sex-scenes, but otherwise Dollhouse in really created from the best. Good job Joss!

Too Specific

By darkwolfette, Oct 19, 2012

Before I say this, I want everyone to know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Buffy, Angel and Firefly to death!! They are probably my favorite shows of all time. The problem with this is that Joss' BRILLIANT mind got overly specific. he backed himself into a corner. This show would've made a killing as a movie, or even a mini series. But it was too detailed to work as a show.

Topher Brink is my hero

By DelilahKathry, Oct 01, 2012

I can't agree with the last review at all. Yes, the main characters that are not dolls aren't quite what you would call well-doers, but they ARE characters. Which is something you'll miss in many many other TV shows, that only display shallow pretty puppets. It might not be the best TV show, that Whedon created so far and it was certainly ok that it ended after two seasons. But that really doesn't mean, I didn't enjoy the first two seasons.

Ok, that being said: I dearly love Fran Kranz as Topher Brink ( I also do love him in "The Cabin in the Woods" ) His immorality and beginning doubts shaking him to the bones until he becomes kinda crazy. It's awesome to watch. The same goes for Adelle DeWitt. It's wonderful to watch how unsure she becomes about everything.

I always loved Eliza Dushku as Faith in Buffy, but she doesn't really do it for me in Dollhouse. Strangly that doesn't change my feeling for this TV show at all.moreless

Load More Reviews