Episode 5

Episode Reviews (5)

Superb

Poor Tom.

By Olguita06, Mar 04, 2013

I've to admit that i cry almost all the chapter, it was so heartbreaking. I was so move to all the characters reactions. I'm very curious to see what is going to happened to Tom, Downton was more about his wife place, so its goin to be so odd for him now.

5x05 - The Baby is Born

By JDML23, Nov 15, 2012

I was accidentally spoiled for the outcome of this episode but I was still hit hard when the death occurred. I honestly teared up. Now that's powerful drama.

Superbly done for the most part.

By Lady_Lancaster, Oct 20, 2012

Apart from a couple of 'slow' parts and some rather bad acting by the Lady of the Manor, I thought this episode wasexcellent. I had already figured out that it would be Lady Sybil who died but I found the event poignant, perhaps more for her talk with Mary before her death than her death itself.

I believe it was Robert's pompous arrogance and stupidity which indirectly led to Sybil's death, so I find myself agreeing with Cora on that point. Thomas's reaction was surprising but gratifying. Carson was just plain ridiculous about the whole 'Ethel at Crawley House' thing, but good for Mrs. Patmore for seeing it for what it was.

I don't like to write too much in a review for a show which has yet to be seen in the US so I will say nothing more except can we please either deal with the whole Bates issue or get rid of him? His storyline, once poignant, has become meaningless. As for Daisy, she needs a good shake. I'm certain the rest of the series will be equally excellent.

moreless

I won't ...

By DelilahKathry, Oct 16, 2012

... hate them for daring to make momentous decisions.