Downton Abbey

Show Reviews (33)

Superb

its 9.5 if my mother tells me

By andrewferris7737, Apr 01, 2014

I do not actually like this show, my mother made me give it a 9.5.

Can't wait for next Season...

By anew23, Mar 27, 2014

Just finished last season still going Strong!!

SHOW FOR THE LORDS N LADYS...

By hodorx, Feb 10, 2014

had to go though 3 seasons given the high this show sucks R GOOD BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN ITS can handle slow plots n storytelling but this show is just melodramatic n be bcoz its british way of getting high rating for their own shows and I SUPPOSE THIS IS TO SHOW TO THE WORLD HOW GOOD n KINDHEARTED N SIMPLE WERE THE LORDS N LADY'S OF ENGLAND, JUST TO DOWNPLAY THE THOUGHT OF 1000 YEARS OF TYRANNY N SUPRESSION...

Downton Abbey; Greatest TV Drama Ever!

By SusieJones, Feb 07, 2014

Absolutely great drama by ITV and Masterpiece! I own all four series on DVD and have watched all episodes. This is a drama that is outstanding in acting, location, costumes, music and everything English. We in America are truly in love with Downton Abbey; I love the character of Lady Mary the best but, everyone on the program is great. lt is a shame that American actors have become only celebrities and not true dramatists; I mostly watch English programs when they are available. Again, great job Julian Fellowes and all.moreless

Downton Abbey a class act

By LonnieHigginb, Nov 17, 2013

In the glorious tradition of shows like Upstairs Downstairs, Downton Abbey does not disappoint. Lady Mary Crawley played by Michelle Dockery is by far my favorite character. She is smart and witty and brilliantly written.

I find myself intrigued by her ability to capture the audience with a single stare. Michelle is fantastic. Who would have believed her success. Isn't this show one of the very greats. I look forward to each episode with enthusiasm. Keep up the great work.

Lonniemoreless

Season 4 - Thoughts

By TheFza, Nov 12, 2013

I've watched Series 4 live as I've been in the area and despite what some have said I think it keeps up the high standards of series past. I did feel there was one aspect in the series that seemed slightly too contrived but I don't want to give away anything. Suffice it to say I think it resolves well as the series goes along and takes us into an interesting realm.

As for those folks who'll be waiting for Paul Giamatti's appearance, it seems he'll only be in the Christmas Special. So don't hold your breath... I just hope I make it back for the special, I couldn't stand to wait until it's released in the Americas.

Over all I liked this series/season and where it went and I'm sure you'll enjoy it as well: They rounded out a few long time characters and gave us some more romantic entanglements as well as new characters to get to know. My favorite being Charles Blake, who's portrayed by Julian Ovenden and is probably best known to American audiences as Andrew Foyle from the ITV program Foye's War.moreless

Downton is Down Right Beautiful!

By matthewwetzel, Sep 10, 2013

Downton Abbey is one the best historic dramas ever made, and has become one of my all time favorite television shows!

Downton Abbey Season 4

By aquahoya, Aug 22, 2013

The show is a phenomenal drama show with the addition of Paul Giamatti.

Downton Abbey Season 4 is a show that takes place in 1912 during the sinking of the Titanic. Set on an Edwardian country house in Downton Abbey Season 4, life is idyllic and busting for a family called the Crawley's. The inhabitants of Downton Abbey, Robert, Earl of Grantham, his American heiress wife Cora and their three daughters, along with Robert's mother Violet, haven't lived a particularly tough life living in luxury with the help of a cadre of servants.

moreless

Addictive!

By sayyidalathif, Jul 20, 2013

Downton Abbey has it all: old fashion England, drama, great costumes, beautiful looking casts, tragic ending love story. Really addictive!

NEW SEASON