Downton Abbey

Show Reviews (38)

By simonbmorse, Mar 26, 2015

Thank goodness this is finally over. I quit watching after they gratuitously insisted on the rape storyline. That ruined it. Julian Fellowes seemed obsessed with this. First spending episode after episode with Bates being the murder suspect and then pointing the finger at Anna. Why did this show need that? IT DIDN'T!!!!! There is no defense. Please don't give me the "this kind of thing happens and should be depicted, in order to be true to the realities of How sad! It was SICK!moreless

My favourite program

By chrischappy, Feb 11, 2015

I nearly cried when Edith got her child back. Great program

Gratuitous rape has no place in my life

By mmattson, Jan 24, 2015

I proudly remain on the sidelines, never watching this reprehensible show again.

Wonderful Show must watch

By wealthparadise, Sep 09, 2014

I wanted to see what the fuss was about ... now I know I am so hooked .love it..

Best TV Series Ever

By GaetanNovi, Jul 31, 2014

I have viewed a lot of TV Series in my life, but none captivated me as much as Downton Abbey. The acting, to begin with, is absolutely stunning; It is a rare Series with one writer and the story lines are fabulous along with great reactions from the characters; The music composition is the greatest in history; the locations are marvelous; the directing is beautiful and last, but not least, the costumes are amazing. If you have not watched Downton Abbey, you are missing out on the jaw-dropping Drama.

its 9.5 if my mother tells me

By andrewferris7737, Apr 01, 2014

I do not actually like this show, my mother made me give it a 9.5.

Can't wait for next Season...

By anew23, Mar 27, 2014

Just finished last season still going Strong!!

By hodorx, Feb 10, 2014

had to go though 3 seasons given the high this show sucks R GOOD BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN ITS can handle slow plots n storytelling but this show is just melodramatic n be bcoz its british way of getting high rating for their own shows and I SUPPOSE THIS IS TO SHOW TO THE WORLD HOW GOOD n KINDHEARTED N SIMPLE WERE THE LORDS N LADY'S OF ENGLAND, JUST TO DOWNPLAY THE THOUGHT OF 1000 YEARS OF TYRANNY N SUPRESSION...

Downton Abbey; Greatest TV Drama Ever!

By SusieJones, Feb 07, 2014

Absolutely great drama by ITV and Masterpiece! I own all four series on DVD and have watched all episodes. This is a drama that is outstanding in acting, location, costumes, music and everything English. We in America are truly in love with Downton Abbey; I love the character of Lady Mary the best but, everyone on the program is great. lt is a shame that American actors have become only celebrities and not true dramatists; I mostly watch English programs when they are available. Again, great job Julian Fellowes and all.moreless

Downton Abbey a class act

By LonnieHigginb, Nov 17, 2013

In the glorious tradition of shows like Upstairs Downstairs, Downton Abbey does not disappoint. Lady Mary Crawley played by Michelle Dockery is by far my favorite character. She is smart and witty and brilliantly written.

I find myself intrigued by her ability to capture the audience with a single stare. Michelle is fantastic. Who would have believed her success. Isn't this show one of the very greats. I look forward to each episode with enthusiasm. Keep up the great work.

Load More Reviews