DuckTales

Show Reviews (55)

Great

The first Disney Afternoon show was a very good one.

By Orca36, Mar 04, 2014

I remember first seeing Scrooge Mcduck in the Disney Christmas Carol special from the 90s. And I've liked him ever since. Ducktales was a show about the life of Scrooge as the world's richest duck, and the adventures that he and his nephews would go on. Ducktales marked the first Disney Afternoon series, and it was a really cool one. It's one of the best Disney cartoons ever created, though not quite as good as a few others.

Scrooge was extremely greedy, yet he was still funny. In fact it was mainly because of him that he, Huey, Louie and Dewey went on their adventures. The three nephews are more developed here than in the cartoon shorts with Donald, and they each have their own personlity like Chip and Dale in Rescue Rangers. Launchpad has always rocked, and he even appears later in Darkwing Duck. Webby... annoyed me then, and she annoys me to this day. The villains are pretty awesome too. The Beagle Boys are especially funny. Also like Rescue Rangers, Ducktales was full of adventure. The episodes had Scrooge travelling all around the world. What's not to like about a premise like that? Not much.

I have to admit, the theme for Ducktales is catchy, and not in a good way. It's too catchy! And while I do like shows like Darkwing Duck and Kim Possible more than this, Ducktales still rocks! It was the first of many incredible animated shows that were put out by Disney in the 90s. It pains me that Disney Channel no longer relies on it's classic franchises that Walt Disney himself was responsible for, and just puts out these stupid-ass tween sitcoms that feature horrible, generic music. Oh well, at least I can look back on cartoons like Ducktales for entertainment.moreless

Hope It Gets Better

By anastasia1243, Feb 08, 2014

1st ep (10)

They Don't Make Them Like This Anymore

By billy1981, Oct 16, 2012

DuckTales is one my favorite cartoons from my childhood.

One of the greatest shows featuring the world's richest duck and his nephews, along with many other memorable characters.

By frosty_ice, Oct 05, 2012

This is definitely one of the cartoon series that influenced and marked a generation. When Donald enlists in the Navy, he decides to leave his three nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie with his uncle, the world's richest duck, Scrooge McDuck. What at first seems like a very bad idea (at least for good old Scrooge), turns out to be one of the best things that happened to the old millionaire. With their help, Scrooge goes on adventures around the world, trying to find treasures and other riches, in hopes of becoming even richer than he already is.

Besides these four characters, the show also featured other memorable characters like Launchpad McQuack (Scrooge's personal pilot, who's the world's clumsiest pilot, crashing every plane he pilots), Gyro Gearloose (a great inventor, with a solution and an invention for all problems), Mrs. Beakley (the boys nanny) and her grandaughter Webby (who is seen by Scrooge as the niece that he never had), Duckworth (Scrooge's butler), Doofus Drake (the boys best friend, Launchpad's sidekick and one of the members of the Junior Woodchucks), among many others, who made us laugh with their jokes and their nonsenses. Of course, we cannot forget about the villains, who played a very important part in the series, like the Beagle Boys (who dedicate their lives trying to steal the money of Scrooge's Money Bin), Magica De Spell (a witch who wants Scrooge's Number One Dime), El Capitan (a crazy sailor who loves gold), Merlock (although he only appeared in the movie, he was one of the most powerful villains that Scrooge ever faced) and Flintheart Glomgold (Scrooge's personal archrival, and the world's second richest duck, who only wishes to be the first). The cast is among one fo the best ever in a Disney cartoon series. It is also the only Disney animated series which had 100 episodes and a movie. This and more make it pure solid gold. 10 out of 10!moreless

DuckTales? WOO HOO!

By Jaykeson, May 27, 2011

In the 80s - early 90s, the Disney company produced some absolute gems such as: "Goof Troop", "Darkwing Duck", "TaleSpin" and of course - "DuckTales" (what ever happened to make them stop producing such classics??)

DuckTales begins with Donald Duck joining the navy and sending his three nephews (Huey, Dewey and Louie) to live with their Uncle Scrooge while he is away.

At first Scrooge is none too happy with the situation - as he would prefer to spend his time "swimming" in money - but he soon shows the boys that he is truly a caring duck and looks after them very well.

Other characters in the show include: Doofus (an overgrown duck kid), Magica DeSpell (an evil sorceress who is always trying to steal Scrooge's "Number One Dime") and of course, Launchpad McQuack (a pilot who is notorious for crashing his plane [and who would also later become Darkwing Duck's sidekick]).

Episodes of the show cover many different genres - comedy / adventure / sci-fi and drama, just to name a few.

There has also been a "Ducktales" movie, which was released theatrically, known as "Treasure Of The Lost Lamp". As well as a comic book series of the same name.

In my opinion, the very best time of all to be a kid was in the 80s - 90s. Especially with shows of this caliber domineering the airwaves.moreless

ducktales was a really well made cartoon

By cube2k8, Jan 19, 2011

ducktales is about rich uncle and his nephews and they go through alot adventures togeather for treasuer and people are always tring to get at his money. like they went on treasure hunts and other things and there would always be people also tring to get it . and his nephews would also get into trouble or help him out in time of need . the show was a hit i thought and i really joyed it . it had alot of classic eps in the show that had alot of good moments i thought. and i rember watching repeats of the show in the 90s .moreless

A decent comedy.

By cactusjack39, Mar 04, 2009

I used to like this show when I was a kid. It was quite interesting and also quite funny, most of the time. I liked seeing many of the spin-off characters from other past comedy shows and it was also fun to see the characters interact with one another. The comedy was decent, the action was good, the writing was okay, and the plots and storylines were pretty good. The show was entertaining and was well suited for kids. One thing I didn't like was the fact that it became repetitive in certain areas. Overall, this was a decent show for kids. Thank you.moreless

Amazing Tales

By sh811a, Aug 31, 2008

This is another one of those shows in my childhood. Some relics from time long gone don't always withstand the test of time very well, shows that I thought were good but then years later I see them and they would fail to meet the expectations I have now. But this show is truely an exception because it has withstood the test and I have as much fun with the show now as I did back when I was a kid.

This show I thought was great. Not just from the great hand drawn animation style that I'll admit still looks really good today in my book. But from it's personality and emotion it holds.

The minor characters are colorful and great, two of my favorates "Launchpad Mcquack" whom is a pea brained Errol Flynn like character. He is a dangeriously unqualified pilot that always crashes each and every aircraft he pilots though with style and miraculously survives each and everyone of them. Gyro Gearloose whom is to Scrooge what the character Q is to James Bond, he always comes up with the most inovative gagets which amazingly work as long as something doesn't go wrong or someone misuses it (which is usually the case).

And of course Uncle Scrooge whom is one of my favorate animated chracters ever, this guy is one of those pulp heroes similar with "Doc Savage", "Buckaroo Banzai", and "Macgyver". On the surface he seems like a typical greedy tycoon with that money bin of his, but as we see deep down inside he really is person with a warm heart for his family and friends; as well as that Scottsman like brashness and charm, and that money bin really symbolizes his achivments in his adventures. His role on the surface is a business man but in reality he's really a determined ambitious adventurer whom is always looking for the next big score or discovery.

And they do go on a varity of adventures which all pay a very huge homage to a lot of the pulp serials and stories on a decade long gone. The naive romantic creative sensability of them is intact. What I also love is other than creative adventures there were some and most that were afraid of creative a real sense of emotion. Like there were a few of my favorates (ones I've reviewed) 1. Duck to the Future 2. Nothing to Fear 3. The Golden Goose that were pritty dark and really made the show take an unfun turn. But that was great because it really brought out the humanity and depth in the characters more.

Well I've said enough, Ducktales are truely legendary tales that are timeless to me.moreless

DuckTales is classic Disney cartoon fun and one of the best animated shows of the 1990s. Great, great show.

By scotchex2, Aug 29, 2008

DuckTales is a wonderfully fun and energetic cartoon and one of the best Disney TV cartoons ever.

Huey, Dewey, and Louie are fun kids, but the core of the show is Scrooge McDuck. Scrooge's love of money and his thick Scottish brogue are his most prominent surface features, but underneath he has a good heart and genuine love for his great-nephews.

The globe-trotting adventures of Scrooge and his nephews are the main feature of most episodes, and these characters are all from the long running comic book series. Their pilot, Launchpad McQuack, however, was a new creation just for DuckTales. Launchpad, a heroic but crash-prone airplane pilot, quickly became a fan favorite and an integral part of the show.

DuckTales appeals primarily to boys, with an overwhelmingly male cast, but it also features Webby Vanderquack a young girl the same age as the nephews.

DuckTales is just good, classic Disney storytelling and appeals to adults and children.moreless

Load More Reviews