Dynasty

Good
7.9

forever love this show!

By PeterTinkerBell, Jun 22, 2013

I always have a high respect for this all-time best American drama anthology since the beginning and I think it will be forever be loved by so many die hard fans. It was unforgettable and top-rated at the same time. Audience may notice that scripts were incredible and acting was excellent! I think this is the only show that has its uniqueness. No doubt it was the best thing ever happened during the 80s. I decided to purchase my all-time favorite show which is Dynasty from www. The DVDs I received from this company has the quality that a keen customer will surely appreciate. I'm very proud to own a copy of this show. Overall, this is a very entertaining Drama Anthology ever produced! won't get tired watching this all over again!moreless

I love this show - it is perfect escapism.

By goldtop2007, Jul 25, 2008

This is a high end soap that, along with "Dallas" defined the atmosphere of the oil crazed 80's. Sumptuous surroundings were created, crazy writing, it's all part of the fun. Here, everybody sleeps with everybody else, betray each other looking damn fabulous while they do it. This is, of course, a black and white world, where you're either good or bad. There's no need for deep contemplation here, just a nice soft couch and ice cream or your favorite snack.

My favorite character on this show is Alexis, who only makes her appearance at the beginning of season two. The evil people on the show always seem to have the best wit and charm, so sit back and enjoy the naughtiness! Sure, Dallas may have had the better writing, but Dynasty wins on attitude

.moreless

Oh! the drama... the big hair... the shoulder pads...

By RioMom, Jul 16, 2008

I remember watching this periodically from its debut in 1981 through 1985. Just for fun I ordered the first season from Netflix last week. Now I know why I stopped watching Dynasty. Oh my goodness is it ever trite, overly dramatic and boring! I ended up fast-forwarding through most of the episodes. I'm sure at the time it was worth watching, but not now, unless you're a fan of melodramas! The storylines aren't anything close to realistic. Even for fantasy they're out there! I don't remember Blake Carrington being so mean or Krystal being such a doormat. Steven Carrington always looked like he was about to burst into tears. Fallon was unbelievably rude, childish and downright evil. The chauffeur was not at all attractive or appealing in any way, yet somehow this dud was able to bed Fallon (multiple times). Claudia is a complete waste of skin. She can't seem to do anything by herself. I understand she had a nervous breakdown and all, but come on! Suck it up and move on with your life. Well, anyway, I don't recommend watching this unless there's absolutely NOTHING ELSE ON!moreless

Funny show!

By Rozzzz, Mar 07, 2007

It is not as good as L.A. Law, The Practice, Boston Legal or L Word.. But it is a classic!

I think I was 6 when I started watching this classic, and I fell for it straight away! I adored beautiful Krystle (played by Linda Evans) and gorgeous Fallon (played by Pamela Sue Martin). And I loved to hate Alexis (played by Joan Collins).

The last years of the show wasn't great, but still there were some highlights: espacially the arrival of the wonderful Sable Colby (played by Stephanie Beacham).

The reunion-movie was actally pretty good, despite the fact that the original "Fallon" and "Adam" weren't in it...moreless

A very fine television soap-one of its kind.

By c_etude, Jan 08, 2007

I would say DYNASTY was one of the finest television soaps ever put out. It had it's very slow moments, probably the most boring was that royal wedding; this was one of the weaknesses. Also, the constant changing of actors, was inconsistent, I thought. Steve Carrington was played by two different actors, and so was Fallon. SO was Alexis's daughter. It's very hard to adjust to the new face once you have gotten used to one face. Later in the show it picks up momentum again. I would say the MAIN star of the show was Alexis (Joan Collins). Forever causing trouble, she kept it interesting. Blake Carrington (John Forsythe) basically had to dodge her attacks. Crystal and Alexis hate each other, mainly because Alexis still loved Blake and can't have him, so she's out to destroy him. The show really went out with a BANG in the end with just about everybody dying off (or nearly, well implied)..first Crystal left--with a brain operation that rendered her totally brain dead; Steven (Jack Coleman) skipped town to discover himself (Steven was wishy-washy always) then, in the end, during the finale, everybody else gets it--Fallon, and Blake's and Crystal's daughter Christine, gets trapped in a mine with no way out. Alexis crashes down stairs when there was a brawl. Blake gets shot. Cool ending! But how sad to see it go!moreless

A classic 80's soap

By nikkie_fikkie, Aug 18, 2006

Dynasty will always remind me of the 80s. I was a huge Dynasty fan am still am, I think the show captured the 80s perfectly, with its over the top clothes, huge hair, and amazing waste of wealth. I remember watching and wishing so hard that I was a Carrington or that I was married to Alexis, just so that I could spend money like they did. The thing I most fondly remember about the show will always be Joan Collins, I think that she was amazing as Alexis and she captured the corprate B**ch like no one else will ever be able to. I was so excited when saeson one came out, I rushed right out and got it. Now if we can just get season 2.moreless

80's 80's 80's the decade of excess

By U4ric, Jul 25, 2006

I admit to watching these campy shows depicting a lifestyle most will never experience in such a broad soap opera format was indeed a guilty pleasure. Blake as a compassionate yet strong man seemed to be so much different from the evil JR we had seen in Dallas. Of course at first I couldn’t get over thinking of him as Charlie and often though this was Charlie’s side life. Krystal seemed so perfect almost too perfect, but for me the show really popped when Alexis came on seen. Joan Collins was perfect in that role. We loved to hate her and yet at times felt compassion toward her.

However, I stopped watching when the soap side just got too far fetched and didn’t even watch the finale.

Despite this I think of the series fondly as it reminds me of a time where we could all be part of a fictional good life.moreless

Series Schizophrenia: so close, yet so far.

By scorpio64, May 17, 2006

The producers originally had the right idea with this show, a glossy, well-cast, clever series about a ruthless Colorado billionaire and his soulful blonde wife, Blake and Krystle, the trampy, sassy daughter Fallon, and trouble gay son Steven.

The pilot was wondeful and cinematic, and season 1 was actually an intelligent condemnation of Rightwinf capitalistic hooey, ending the season nicely with a murder.

Then comes season 2, quite good also, but more glitzy, as Blake\\\'s wicked ex-wife Alexis shows up, haunting the family as she lives in the art studio on the Carrington estate.

The casting and concept were great. But beginning with season 3 (after Blake is rescued from the cliff) the series starts to lose its integrity. The plots start to become pasted together, huge holes in logic develop almost by the minute, a kind of negative camp creeps over the series and it declines in quality notably with every season.

Sometimes it\\\'s so bad it must be seen to be believed.

Until Season 9 when a new producer took over and fixed what he could, but it was too late to save it.

Ah, what potential was here!moreless

Great show as John Forsythe the anti-JR Ewing

By JPPT1974, Apr 08, 2006

First of all this was the opposite of Dallas

Second John Forsythe as Blake Carrington was the anti-JR Ewing

Sympathetic and nice as well as cared about others

His nememesis and rival was Joan Collins' Alexis as Carrington had a new wife named Crystal

Crystal was very sweet and caring like her new husband

Instead of Dallas, Dynasty was set in Denver

Great show even though it was weak towards the end!

Load More Reviews