Earth 2

Show Reviews (20)

Great

A group of people born on space stations in a future where our planet cannot sustain life travel to a new earth and are forced to learn to survive.

By musicprincess81, Feb 17, 2011

This show has everything! There is action, romance, survival, adventure, and suspense. It broke my heart when it was cancelled! I am enjoying rewatching the episodes on DVD now that they have released it. Clancy Brown (also seen in The Shawshank Redemption and Carnivale on HBO) is my favorite character as John Danziger. He is a single father raising his daughter under the harsh conditions that the new Earth offers while looking after the rest of the group as the strongest male. He is a wonderful counterpart to Devon Adair, the group\'s leader. She is optmistic and driven while Danziger is negative and cautious. If you are a fan of sci-fi, I highly recommend you try this show. But be warned...it was cancelled after 24 episodes and ends abruptly. You will forever be wondering what happens next. Even then, it\'s worth watching!moreless

This was a truly underappreciated show with a great deal of potential.

By sistersun, Feb 17, 2011

Tim Curry. Rebecca Gayheart. Jessica Steen. Clancy Brown. John Gegenhuber. These are the actors whose performances made me want to watch this show that features: Earth colonists (who have previously pretty much destroyed the original Earth) have searched out and found new home in outer space; Female leader of the group of colonists; Pre-existing cultures and species; Government conspiracies; Some very interesting technology, too. The story line was multilayered, but pretty linear. There werent' many one-off shows you could just watch and weren't connected to anything else. But I like that. I was sad to see it canceled, but it was an NBC sci-fi show, and cancellation was to be expected, even back in the '90s.moreless

There is some great fan fiction out there that continues where the show left off. Check it out at: http://www.fanfiction.net/tv/Earth_2/

By forestdreams, Sep 20, 2009

I enjoyed this show a great deal. I didn't get to see the whole thing back when it was on tv, so I'm glad it's been released on dvd. The final episode cliff hanger, is very aggravating! Yet another example of great sci fi that was canceled by main stream television. I agree that perhaps it was better off canceled rather than ruined by money rakers with no love for story. I wish they'd had a bit more patience especially since it won some significant awards in the US and Germany. I enjoyed the casting, the creature effects, and the New Mexico wilderness setting. Too bad it didn't have someone like Joss Whedon to get it turned into a movie like with his canceled series Firefly.

Still, there is some great fan fiction out there that continues where the show left off. Check it out at: http://www.fanfiction.net/tv/Earth_2/

I recommend Arcole's continuation starting from: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4110810/1/Blast_from_the_Past

Don't miss this great series!moreless

Where did it go? Left me hanging beyond belief!!

By katsmeow221, Jun 14, 2008

From the very first episode I was hooked on Earth 2. I anxiously awaited a new episode each week. Then suddenly it was gone! No closure, no nothing!!! Could they have left me hanging any more than they did? I don't think so. I loved this show, and it had so much potential. Then suddenly it was gone. Where did it go? I can't find reruns anywhere. I can't find videos at my local library, nothing. I was go glad to find this site where I can at least check out some of what was made. If you've never seen Earth 2 before you are warned. It is highly infectious, and will just drop you like a stone at the end.moreless

Based on the book of the same name by Richard J. Hynes, this is the story of a group of people who leave the stars in search of a planet to call home.

By Bobismeisbob, Oct 03, 2007

More than a decade after reading the book, and years after the show had ended, I stumbled across this hidden jewel of a TV show. Of all the 'based on the book' type shows or movies that I have seen, this show lines up with the book more accurately than all the rest; in both plot and spirit and doing an excellent job of adding to the story without diluting it. While the book ended with Ulysses' healing, this story continues with the story of how the humans and terrians live with each other, adding the grendlers in for extra trouble.moreless

Adaire and her team of travelers crash land on their planet and are expected to reach the site for the new hospital after earth's conditions are not livable for young children with medical issues.

By superjake2004, Jan 05, 2007

I don't blame the network for canceling this although I liked the show it was just bloody weird!! I mean i never knew what ws going to happen half the time and the other half i was still tring to process what was going on. I don't think overalll i will miss this show too much. My only thing with this show is that at the end of the show they never show you what happens to a main cast member they basicly just leave off with this person being frozen??? I understand why my questions is what with wrong with them than they had to be frozen, however i will probably never know. It should be past as an ethically law amoung TV producers that a show not end until it has finished any major open story lines.moreless

I really enjoyed this show - I was very sad to see it canceled. I remember vaguely watching "Land of the Lost" when I was very little - and this show reminded me of it alot. A nice memory from my childhood...

By wwillow, Dec 01, 2006

The Earth II natural inhabitants were what reminded me of the "Slestacks" (sp?) from "Land of the Lost."

I liked the "realism" of this show as far as if we would try to start a colony on a new planet - I thought it was a great representation. It dealt with the natural inhabitations, the harshness of adapting to new climates and such. The communication devices that they used were also interesting. A large part of the story was of these people trying to adapt to their new surroundings. The son of one of the scientist was being “altered” by the planet – by the natural inhabitations. This was all very fascinating.

They only started losing me when they started having flashes from the future of the results of what they were doing now in the present. That all started to get to be a bit much but it was worth sitting through for the rest of the show and what was happening to these people as they tried to colonize this new world.

This show had potential it has been missed.moreless

Earth is uninhabitable and humans have been living in space stations for generations. To save her sick son, Devon Adair leads an expedition to a distant planet, where they face countless difficulties and dangers.

By karone_talien, Sep 15, 2006

I can't believe this show was on over ten years ago! I have very fond memories of it. It had a unique story, interesting characters backed by a talented cast, and some real potential. It started strong but seemed to fade toward the end of its run. Still, I think if it was on the air today and given a fair chance to prove itself, Earth 2 might fare better than it did a decade ago.

This show had a good premise, but it just didn't cut it.

By sfviewer, Aug 16, 2006

With a very nice premise, this show could have been a really good one. Outer space is an exciting backdrop to explore on tv, this show just didn't make it happen. It just didn't work out well. It looked really strange, there were a good set of characters, they could have made this an interesting drama, but it was not to be. this show falls short of plot and exciting stories to tell. the pacing was dull, it just wasn't that interesting. but to give the producers credit, the show had a very nice setting. they made it look the environment look so out of this world, but they should have worked more with the plot.moreless

Load More Reviews