Elementary

Show Reviews (178)

Great

Lucy Liu is the Jar Jar Binks of Sherlock Holmes

By mmackay, Apr 18, 2015

I have loved SH since I was a little boy. The collective works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was one of the first things I ever read, and I have been a devoted fan of all things Sherlock ever since. At least until now.

JLM is marvelous. I even enjoy the New York twist, and the shows are well written, shot, cast, and directed. BUT Lucy Liu is, on a scale from 1 to 10, minus 75 trillion. I can't even watch the scenes she is in, I have to mute or fast forward during any of her dialogue, and it is still nearly beyond painful. I have never minded her in anything before, but her absolute butchery of this role is like watching a baboon finger paint randomly in the Louvre. Please. Someone. Make her stop.

I would rate the show a 9.5 but I am removing 5 points purely because of LL

Shame on you CBSmoreless

It is a great TV Show! Elementary! watson, elementary.

By upshot8888, Apr 16, 2015

First firstly I am a very big fan of Sherlock from the BBC and Benedict is just great in that role and the series done in that modernize manner.

So when I started watching the US version, Elementary treating it like a "reboot" I starting watching the first season and I have to say it was very well done! I separate myself from the the classic Sherlock and then the modern version and now a American version with a female Watson and though it depart from the usual, I am bowl over by the quality of the plot line!

JLM is very good in his role. I just found it a little strange with Lucy playing the role a little demure then the usual feisty roles she played in other tv series heheh.

I welcome this reboot very much and the writing and crime are above average and well made out then most crime TV shows of late.

till the next season of Sherlock from BBC comes around, I will keep myself occupied with Elementary.

moreless

Awesome!

By beornbjorn, Apr 15, 2015

Brilliant. JLM is such an underrated actor. There are a lot of fans who don't like this version of Sherlock, which is understandable. But to skip the show because of that is a sin. BBC's Sherlock with overrated Benedict Cumberbatch is nowhere near the acting that Miller brings. Miller is Sherlock with so many layers, while BC is just pompous a**.

Awesome.

By OliviaWalovski, Apr 12, 2015

I must say, this show is meant for people with brains. Jonny Lee Miller is the best Sherlock Holmes i've ever seen. The development of the characters is great. In fact, Elementary surpasses bbc sherlock in a million times.

Holy mackerel!

By Eblan-uebak, Apr 12, 2015

Despite all of the hole plots i love this show with all my heart! Jonny Lee Miller is incredible in this role, i hope this show will be airing for many years.

I agree with commentators, i didn't like Mycroft and kitty too, but let's just pretend like they never existed. Hopefully there'll be a better storyline in the future.

No comment

By JohnHWatson, Apr 11, 2015

Seriously, I watched a bit because I was curious. But that's not how I know Sherlock Holmes.

He turned all of a sudden into an American, lost all his taste for looking good and even his acting... he is too different. I wonder why Watson has to be a female? So if you want some Johnlock, it has to be straight?

However, Americans shouldn't have touch an British television. It is more than horrible.

The work of Gattis and Moffat are incredible, brilliant and would never get bored.

Even the cases are more interesting, plus the was way of the friendship between Watson and Sherlock is in BBC just incredible.

Moriarty a woman? No way, Moriarty is the Napolon of Crime, Mister Sex - the man with the key. Good looking, evil and just brilliant.

And no, I don't care that this silly television got more episodes than BBC and I would say for sure

the true BBC Sherlock fans wouldn't like it at all.

PS: Benedict Cumberbatch is the best Sherlock Holmes!moreless

Elementary, My Dear Watson

By baneofkings, Apr 03, 2015

I like Sherlock, but I love Elementary. I originally looked down on this show as being lesser than the first BBC show, but now, I'm firmly in Elementary's quarters, and that is largely thanks to the superb chemistry and acting between Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu. Oh yes, and Natalie Dormer is superb as Irene Adler. Whilst I'm working my way through Season 2 as I type this review, It's still awesome. It's probably the best show on CBS apart from Person Of Interest, and well worth checking out.moreless

I hope Kitty comes back for a visit.

By Magicmax, Mar 19, 2015

Thank god the "will they, wont they" will never happen on this show but the idea of Holmes and Watson as foster "mum and dad" blew im socks off. The writers are thinking "outside the box" for there partnership to a different level as we saw each week a new sence of pride that Holmes saw in Kitty's training.

Hope kitty has a few more arc's in the storylines.

good-riddance kitty!!

By passincomments, Feb 25, 2015

Just two things - the mentally-challenged writers who introduced kitty as "protege" have gained some

grey matter once more and gotten rid of her (or maybe ,i'm hoping, they were replaced) .

Second , sherlock and watson are back to being The sherlock and watson from Doyle's book ,not from

the pages of yet another bowel-related,mundanely regular soap opera/ cbs crime . AND Sherlock is back

to being The Sherlock Holmes with the extraordinary brain and powers of observation,and Watson,his

keen and observant though not half as gifted associate/assistant. IF the producers and (moronic) writers

wish to keep this show running and growing,courtesy a devoted fan-following ie.moreless

Deadlier than the male indeed

By Martin6492, Feb 13, 2015

Hello and to start we should say that this is a review of the most recent episode "Female of the species" so if you have not seen it yet do so before reading any further.

Ok now that is out of the way on to the goodness, to start this episode we were quite pleased to see a kind of reversal of the roles in the dynamic of Holmes and Watson, in the beginning it was Watson who was helping Sherlock in fending off his demons, but now it seems like the reverse is true as Holmes as tenderly as he can offers to be a shoulder to cry on for Watson.

We loved this as it show's exactly how much Holmes values Watson as a partner and friend, and it also let's us see how far he has come in being a warmer and more personable character, Holmes seeing his best friend in emotional turmoil brings her food and insists he is there to talk should she require it.

That is excellent character development as we have seen in the past Holmes has taken steps In this direction before but never to this extreme and it was good to see.

We loved the off duty Marcus and Sherlock team up and Bell seemed to pick this up quicker than Watson ever did, reciting the givens of the case and indulging Holmes eccentricities, and to be clear blood pudding is called black pudding in England and is made from pigs blood and oats, personally not a fan but we digress it was a most interesting case but was all the more enjoyable with the addition of the de-extinct species angle.

Now we come to the part of the episode we saw coming since last week With the departure of Kitty And subsequent murder of Watson's paramour, we have to say that this was no surprise This was our prediction for the episode

1. Watson is in emotional pain and this brings Sherlock closer to her as a result

2. Watson has some kind of epiphany and re-evaluates her life

3. Watson goes back to the brown stone where she belongs

But we were even more pleasantly surprised when our favourite villainess was reintroduced, and we have to say at the start of the reading of the letter we were on the fence as to who wrote it, but we guessed it was Moriarty as soon as we saw the scene go to the prison at first we thought it might have been Mycroft, but it was obvious she was the writer when we saw that transition, we were off how ever as we did think that the Elana was going to be poisoned as we thought the guard would be one of Moriarty's people, but it looked as though Elana was strangled surprising to say the least but we do look forward to more Moriarty In the future..

Thanks for reading this and we would like to hear your thoughts

Mmoreless