Show Reviews (187)

best job

By Alisaroy, Nov 27, 2015

my neighbor's sister makes $62 /hr on the computer . She has been out of work for 5 months but last month her pay check was $16315 just working on the computer for a few hours. original site

one of the best shows on television

By DeviousT22, Nov 27, 2015

Great actors, writers, and all around show. Lucy Liu as Watson works great it turns out.

As the Stomach Turns

By dingfod, Nov 27, 2015

I love good mysteries. I enjoyed the first season of 'Elementary', then it started to turn into a soap opera.

It's a clever, spicy soap opera, I'll give you that, but it's no longer what I tuned in for.

By megd06, Sep 11, 2015

Love this show and all the new words I am learning. Jonny Lee Miller is so much fun to watch! Sherlock is more than believable and JLM plays the part perfectly. The only criticism I could offer is the hope that the show does not glamorize heroin addiction. This truly ugly affliction is aptly illustrated in the movie Trainspotting, haha. Also, I want more of the character's interaction, less murder plot. It seems like it's just a few seconds here and there. JLM is such a remarkable actor, as is Aidan Quinn (that voice, those eyes). Can't wait for season 4!moreless

Mangled grammar

By JonRus3009, Aug 27, 2015

Frequent mangling of grammar, one of many examples occurs at about 12:40, Season 2 Episode 12: "You had him call Watson and I". It is jarring to hear this from someone with a British accent.

Surprisingly good

By hegealgardsta, Aug 08, 2015

I was really surprised as to how much I love this show. I am a huge fan of the original Sherlock Holmes. In my opinion the best Sherlock on TV has been Jeremy Brett from the series from the 80's and the 90's.

I also like the the new Sherlock series on BBC, I actually didn't want to watch Elementary because it seemed strange with Watson as a woman and also because it was set in New York. To my surprise I actually love this series. Jonny Lee Miller is really good as Sherlock and Lucy Lui is equally good as Watson.

I love the fact they are very clear on the point that Holmes and Watson are just friends and not a hint of "shipping" when you have a male and a female partner.

The only thing I don't like is the combination they made of Moriarity and Irene Adler.

And I found another thing I didn't lke, the season finale. That was mabe the weakest episode of the series...moreless

The Addiction Solution should be Smarter

By Suzn6, Jul 13, 2015

Overall, I love this show.

This review is specific to a topic that has been crucial to all of the seasons of Elementary and that is the topic of addiction. I have struggled ever since season one, with the creator's decision to use Alcoholics Anonymous as Sherlock's program. Certainly this must have come from lack of research, since it seems obvious that the modern Sherlock would have chosen a science based program like SMART Recovery over AA. Likewise, the modern sober companion, Watson, also would have recommended this. It is frustrating to watch as the show does great things to enlighten the public about the realities of being an addict but then it is sad that the solution that the show promotes is not a "smart" one and not likely the one Sherlock would choose.moreless

By OliviaWalovski, Jul 05, 2015

I must say, this show is meant for people with brains. Jonny Lee Miller is the best Sherlock Holmes i've ever seen. The development of the characters is great. In fact, Elementary surpasses bbc sherlock in a million times.

Great Cases / Not So Persuasive Acting

By AuroraGu, Jun 25, 2015

Almost none of the characters displays himself the way they should, or at least the way we are familiar with from sir Arthur Conan Doyle's novels. Jonny Lee Miller is overly exaggerating as a disfunctional sociopath and Watson has nothing to do with the prototype (and that's not Lucy Liu's fault). On the other hand, Aidan Quinn is remarkably good as Captain Gregson, maybe because there is not a benchmark for his role. I would certainly like to see more of Rhys Ifans as Mycroft Holmes. I love the actor and he was great for the part.

The cases are very interesting and well staged and the whole plot is carefully escalated, minus the approach and persistence in the drug addiction matter.

Overall, it's a quite enjoyable show.moreless

Heart & Head Matter

By BonnieReimer, Jun 01, 2015

I love the take on this...

I love the Sherlock & the Female Watson; their acting is superb...

The addiction angle is tugging at my familial heart-strings.

Load More Reviews