Elementary

Show Reviews (190)

Great

Episode 4x07: Now we're talking!

By MGreySnchez, Jan 08, 2016

Since the fall of Moriarty, the quality of the episodes had been going downhill, almost like the writers were creating common police cases for a common police show, just to get it over with, and the essence of the characters was becoming a mere shadow of what they should be. I liked the addition of Sherlock's father, but still needed more. Now it seems that they've recharged batteries and the episodes are intriguing, clever and full of unexpected twists once again. Keep it up!moreless

a role for Jonny

By simjanbnc, Dec 23, 2015

someone should produce a biopic about Laurel and Hardy. they were brilliant comic innovators and Jonny would make the perfect Stan Laurel. pair him up with Oliver Platt to play Hardy and you'd really have something

John Noble

By zinodvd, Dec 18, 2015

I really love the addition of John Noble and the dynamics between him and Sherlock. It was about time another equally intelligent male would challenge his skills and abilities.

He ia an amazing actor (I'm watching him since Fringe) and I'm looking forward to his surprises!!! I strongly believe that he contributed a lot to the show, which went to another dimension!

Keep up the good work!

superb

By sattinsa, Dec 09, 2015

one of the best shows on tv. great stories, great acting, great chemistry among the actors. A pleasure to watch.

one of the best shows on television

By DeviousT22, Nov 27, 2015

Great actors, writers, and all around show. Lucy Liu as Watson works great it turns out.

As the Stomach Turns

By dingfod, Nov 27, 2015

I love good mysteries. I enjoyed the first season of 'Elementary', then it started to turn into a soap opera.

It's a clever, spicy soap opera, I'll give you that, but it's no longer what I tuned in for.

Vocabulary!

By megd06, Sep 11, 2015

Love this show and all the new words I am learning. Jonny Lee Miller is so much fun to watch! Sherlock is more than believable and JLM plays the part perfectly. The only criticism I could offer is the hope that the show does not glamorize heroin addiction. This truly ugly affliction is aptly illustrated in the movie Trainspotting, haha. Also, I want more of the character's interaction, less murder plot. It seems like it's just a few seconds here and there. JLM is such a remarkable actor, as is Aidan Quinn (that voice, those eyes). Can't wait for season 4!moreless

Mangled grammar

By JonRus3009, Aug 27, 2015

Frequent mangling of grammar, one of many examples occurs at about 12:40, Season 2 Episode 12: "You had him call Watson and I". It is jarring to hear this from someone with a British accent.

Surprisingly good

By hegealgardsta, Aug 08, 2015

I was really surprised as to how much I love this show. I am a huge fan of the original Sherlock Holmes. In my opinion the best Sherlock on TV has been Jeremy Brett from the series from the 80's and the 90's.

I also like the the new Sherlock series on BBC, I actually didn't want to watch Elementary because it seemed strange with Watson as a woman and also because it was set in New York. To my surprise I actually love this series. Jonny Lee Miller is really good as Sherlock and Lucy Lui is equally good as Watson.

I love the fact they are very clear on the point that Holmes and Watson are just friends and not a hint of "shipping" when you have a male and a female partner.

The only thing I don't like is the combination they made of Moriarity and Irene Adler.

And I found another thing I didn't lke, the season finale. That was mabe the weakest episode of the series...moreless

The Addiction Solution should be Smarter

By Suzn6, Jul 13, 2015

Overall, I love this show.

This review is specific to a topic that has been crucial to all of the seasons of Elementary and that is the topic of addiction. I have struggled ever since season one, with the creator's decision to use Alcoholics Anonymous as Sherlock's program. Certainly this must have come from lack of research, since it seems obvious that the modern Sherlock would have chosen a science based program like SMART Recovery over AA. Likewise, the modern sober companion, Watson, also would have recommended this. It is frustrating to watch as the show does great things to enlighten the public about the realities of being an addict but then it is sad that the solution that the show promotes is not a "smart" one and not likely the one Sherlock would choose.moreless

Load More Reviews