Elementary

Show Reviews (171)

Great

good-riddance kitty!!

By passincomments, Feb 25, 2015

Just two things - the mentally-challenged writers who introduced kitty as "protege" have gained some

grey matter once more and gotten rid of her (or maybe ,i'm hoping, they were replaced) .

Second , sherlock and watson are back to being The sherlock and watson from Doyle's book ,not from

the pages of yet another bowel-related,mundanely regular soap opera/ cbs crime . AND Sherlock is back

to being The Sherlock Holmes with the extraordinary brain and powers of observation,and Watson,his

keen and observant though not half as gifted associate/assistant. IF the producers and (moronic) writers

wish to keep this show running and growing,courtesy a devoted fan-following ie.moreless

Deadlier than the male indeed

By Martin6492, Feb 13, 2015

Hello and to start we should say that this is a review of the most recent episode "Female of the species" so if you have not seen it yet do so before reading any further.

Ok now that is out of the way on to the goodness, to start this episode we were quite pleased to see a kind of reversal of the roles in the dynamic of Holmes and Watson, in the beginning it was Watson who was helping Sherlock in fending off his demons, but now it seems like the reverse is true as Holmes as tenderly as he can offers to be a shoulder to cry on for Watson.

We loved this as it show's exactly how much Holmes values Watson as a partner and friend, and it also let's us see how far he has come in being a warmer and more personable character, Holmes seeing his best friend in emotional turmoil brings her food and insists he is there to talk should she require it.

That is excellent character development as we have seen in the past Holmes has taken steps In this direction before but never to this extreme and it was good to see.

We loved the off duty Marcus and Sherlock team up and Bell seemed to pick this up quicker than Watson ever did, reciting the givens of the case and indulging Holmes eccentricities, and to be clear blood pudding is called black pudding in England and is made from pigs blood and oats, personally not a fan but we digress it was a most interesting case but was all the more enjoyable with the addition of the de-extinct species angle.

Now we come to the part of the episode we saw coming since last week With the departure of Kitty And subsequent murder of Watson's paramour, we have to say that this was no surprise This was our prediction for the episode

1. Watson is in emotional pain and this brings Sherlock closer to her as a result

2. Watson has some kind of epiphany and re-evaluates her life

3. Watson goes back to the brown stone where she belongs

But we were even more pleasantly surprised when our favourite villainess was reintroduced, and we have to say at the start of the reading of the letter we were on the fence as to who wrote it, but we guessed it was Moriarty as soon as we saw the scene go to the prison at first we thought it might have been Mycroft, but it was obvious she was the writer when we saw that transition, we were off how ever as we did think that the Elana was going to be poisoned as we thought the guard would be one of Moriarty's people, but it looked as though Elana was strangled surprising to say the least but we do look forward to more Moriarty In the future..

Thanks for reading this and we would like to hear your thoughts

Mmoreless

the show will suck now! lucy will be the death of the is not a very good actress and her looks are in the past.

By bunker51, Feb 10, 2015

the show sucks now plain and simple. we went from sherlock the genius to helping the police to joan the top person and sherlock a flunky. whho the fuck makes these ridiculous decisions to change the whole plot of the show. really really stupid. joan was just there to look at and not that great at her age. kick her off the show is about sherlock not some has been actress. remember the movie "kill bill" well lets kill lucy liu in the show and get back to the the show the way it was meant to be.. get her off the . whoever made this decision to change the format should be fired. ty. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED THE SHOW IS DEAD. I DO NOT WATCH IT ANY I LOVED THE SHOW AT FIRST. NOW IT`S WAS NEVER THE STAR. SHE WAS AN SUPPORTING IN THAT ROLE.. BUT TO TOTALLY TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN ISNT GONNA WORK. IIT WILL END THE SHOW. MAYBE THATS WHAT THESE PEOPLE WANT. THEY OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO INSIGHT INTO WHAT IS GOOD. I TURN IT ON FOR 2 MINUTES NOW AND TURN IT OFF. GOODBYE ELEMENTARY!moreless

finally.

By OliviaWalovski, Feb 09, 2015

Finally moronic boring Kitty is gone. i hope she won't return. the show is so much better without this pathetic character. pity that writers didn't get rid of her earlier.

better!

By fandisgust, Feb 06, 2015

the last 3 episodes have been really good. last nites "hemlock" was really interesting. the show always teaches (me anyway) something I never knew. Like the one about maps, nutmeg, credit card info, etc. I love Sherlock and joan as a team. kitty was ok but somehow didn't fit in. I think the writers and actors are getting back to what made this show so popular. hope it makes it to another season. can't wait to see if Sherlock lets Watson move back in to the brownstone.moreless

Done watching

By viksanz1, Jan 31, 2015

Show has become a repetition of the last episode show me a tv with some humanity, let sherlock relapse let holmes fail, Dont show a half assed holmes who cant do a reverse azimuth in an elevator, show me holmes mad at sherlock or something and sherlock telling her to keep up. Instead I get happy cast cause they keep their job and I get stuck with a boring episode because of your lack of creativity.

after last night

By kaikris, Jan 31, 2015

i am glad to see the writers are about to put the focus on our beloved Sherlock and Watson again, dont get me wrong, i really loved kitty and the new and fresh dynamic she brought but i hope after last night she is gone on a longish vacation, she did a great job of making me miss Joan and Sherlock spending every waking moment together.

*** i really loved the last couple minutes of last night episode, it was great seeing that side of Sherlock, for the first time i really grasp how hard it is for him.

moreless

Kitty is leaving

By jeani617, Jan 30, 2015

I was so bothered with the Kitty story and she grew on me! Tonight's episode,she said bye! I am sorry to see her go-HAPPY it will be orignal cast again! I think they was a lot of people unhappy about Kitty producers heard us! Just sayin

What happened?

By knucklepunt, Jan 30, 2015

Season one was phenomenal, best show on TV in my opinion. Season two was good. Nice to see Holmes gain some humanity and Joan gain confidence as an investigator.

Now, however, Holmes has been relegated to babysitting Kitty. He no longer relies on Joan to be the grounding wire to his manic, acerbic genius, because he has found his own humanity. That leaves Joan flapping in the breeze. It's as if the writers don't know what to do with her character any more, so she alternates between taking on uninteresting cases and babysitting Kitty with Holmes.

Kitty's story is not wholly uninteresting and it could easily have a place. She has become such the focal point however, that the rest of the show, including what really made it great, the dynamic between Holmes and Watson, has been neutered.

Gregson and Bell have become mere afterthoughts.

A travesty considering what this show once was.moreless

Change can be a good thing!

By susancurrie10, Jan 24, 2015

I will admit that I was rather disconcerted by the fact that Watson had moved out. However, at the end of last season, she said she was going to, so we were forewarned. And the addition of Kitty, to me, is a positive thing. I like her and I think that it's wrong to be so against the addition of this character. As this season has progressed, we've seen Holmes and Watson continue to work closely together. We've also seen Kitty be of great assistance and come up with some excellent deductions of her own. As for the focus on Watson's personal life, it seems to me that that is a natural extension of the relationship between Holmes and Watson. She did, after all, live with him as his sober companion, which would have meant that they would have, by necessity, developed a very intense relationship. Added to that is the fact that she also became, and continues to be, involved in his work, and became his "apprentice"; their closeness then becomes quite understandable, both personally and professionally. And they've both grown and changed through this process. I binge-watched most of season 2, and all of Season 3 that has thus far been broadcast, very recently, and so I'm able to see this change in a different light, as I watched so many episodes in succession. I truly enjoy this show. I hope it continues on for many years to come. Sherlock, most especially, never, ever, bores me.

moreless