The Deductionist

Episode Reviews (7)

Great

Return to Oz.

By MarkNash1, Oct 06, 2013

Nice to see Tim from OZ still gets work but otherwise watch any episode of Breakout Kings for example of how an exciting breakout plot should be done, it's not even a great show but still more original than this.

The Deductionist

By TrueTvWatcher, Feb 13, 2013

The Deductionist was a spectacular episode of Elementary. I really enjoyed watching because a profiler from the FBI and Sherlock's past came to help solve a case. It was intriguing to learn more about what had happened between them. It was humorous to see what Joan had to deal with in regards to her apartment. The story was well written and very engaging. It was awesome watching Sherlock test Ennis in order to prove something to himself. I like how everything played out and I certainly look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!moreless

With a Bow

By AriSky, Feb 05, 2013

That was a neat little episode. I enjoyed the inclusion of new faces (and while I'm sure she won't, I'd like to see Drummond again) and the subplot of Watson's apartment. The bit about her being Sherlock's friend felt a little forced for her character, but it fit and it's paving the way for the direction the series will be going with their relationship. It was engaging and contained and finally felt more about the main characters than the case of the week, which I think has been much of my problem with the show up until now.

And gifts with bows! I really want to know what happened to her toothbrush.moreless

Brutal serial killer Martin Ennis escapes. Holmes is forced to work with a lauded FBI profiler with ties to his past to help recapture Ennis.

By meathead704, Feb 05, 2013

"The Deductionist" is the best episode of the season up to this point. It certainly had a very clever opening scene. It certainly had me fooled. I had no idea how it would turn out. I actually had a good laugh when Holmes asked if he could keep the handcuffs. There was a small bit of predictability however. It could not be more obvious that Ennis would escape the operating room and leave a trail of dead bodies in his wake. However this flaw was made up for ten times over. The climax where Holmes confronts Ennis face to face was nothing short of fantastic. What I also like is that Holmes was wrong in a few aspects of the investigation. I like that this episode shows the old saying that nobody's perfect. It helps make "The Deductionist" great and "Elementary" one of the best new shows of the season.moreless

deductions not always correct

By dulsynea, Feb 04, 2013

I usually enjoy the cleverness of the show. But there was something not really "correct" in this episode. High quality frankincense does not cause kidney damage. It is used internally for a myriad of health problems. I have ingested it for many years with no problems. Only cheaply distilled frankincense could potentially have harmful chemicals.

Elementary.

By Dec1964, Feb 04, 2013

This episode was fantastic, i take it now that Watson moves in with Sherlock. One of my favorite episode's.