Yahoo Won't Be Saving Enlisted After All

By Tim Surette

Aug 22, 2014

At ease, men... FOREVER. Yahoo Screen, the streaming-video branch of Yahoo, has officially passed on rescuing the late Fox comedy Enlisted from permanent discharge, reports TV Line. Apparently weeks of negotiations were for naught after fans' hopes were raised when the online media giant considered saving the Kevin Biegel series in mid July. TV Line also says no other parties are presently interested in taking on Enlisted

Yahoo Screen previously rescued NBC's Community from the trash heap, cementing itself as a new online destination for network cast-offs. Fans even rallied for an Enlisted/Community double feature shortly after Community was picked up. 

Though it wasn't confirmed until this afternoon, we should have seen the bad news coming earlier today. Enlisted star Geoff Stults has landed a pair of recurring roles on other shows, joining the casts of Netflix's Grace and Frankie and CBS's The Odd Couple

• Comments (10)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • FilmFanatic Aug 23, 2014

I am really sorry for the people who actually liked Enlisted. I can't say it was a bad show (it had it's moments) but I really doubt there were enough people that actually 'rallied' for Enlisted to be rescued... Not a very surprising cancelation so it sounds a bit overdramatic if you ask me. Now, shows like Happy Endings, Secret Circle and Go On REALLY deserved to be rescued for a second chance and people all over the world ACTUALLY rallied for them and still nothing. At least Community and Cougar Town and a few others were lucky enough to be revived!

• BuddhiDhanus Aug 23, 2014

Enlisted is the most boring TV show ever. the TV show worth saving is Friends with better lives and whitney

• thekaitling Aug 22, 2014

THIS IS SADDER THAN TOY STORY 3

I was going to comment on the fact that you compared a relatively nothing show with one of the best Pixar movies ever made but then realized you were actually referencing Enlisted :P

This comment has been removed.

• Sanity_Bleeds Aug 23, 2014

Aww, why don't you just come sit over here and we can read about sharks!

• slayme3 Aug 22, 2014

Sorry Enlisted fans - but I do hope you'll join us for Season 6 of Community on Yahoo Screen!

• kevbuffylost108 Aug 22, 2014

like I said in the earlier news article about Yahoo saving Enlisted, the show didn't have the cult following that warranted for a revival. Community did. And Yahoo Screen made the better decision saving a show that ran for 5 years and has gained a steady following whereas many (including me) tuned out of Enlisted after a Not-So-Funny pilot.
    Now let Chris Lowell come to the Veronica Mars spin-offs on The CW instead of wasting his time on below average sitcoms

• stanking Aug 22, 2014

Dang. I'm gonna miss Randy. Watching Toy Story 3 is gonna make cry harder than ever.

• KevinG87 Aug 22, 2014

I don't think saving one show cements anything for Yahoo.. plus we still don't know how it's actually going to 'air' lol Enlisted was a fine show, but I don't really see where it could really go.

• DirgeNovak Aug 22, 2014

It's a shame, but if it was either this or Community, they chose the right one.