21 Guns

Episode Reviews (76)

Great

one of their best finales

By carlyy226, Nov 19, 2010

action, emotion, drama and heartache: everything you'd expect from ER. Still delivering quality episodes 12 years in, I couldn't have asked for more. The shoot out was the OK Corral and was done beautifully. Starting out slow and eerily silent with Sam's awesome cue to Abby ('Abigail') and rocketing into high action shooting and ducking for cover. When Sam's ex pulled open the van door to reveal Alex inside I literally got chills. Abby slumping to the floor while Snow Patrol's 'Open Your Eyes' swelled and Luka watched helplessly had me screaming at the tv and counting the days until the premiere. Bravo.moreless

Shots fired in the ER!!

By RockyBoc, Apr 12, 2009

Possibly the best ER season finale ever!!! Criminals brought in as patients attempt to escape and do a pretty good job thanx to an indider they have in the form of a fake trainee nurse. From then on the Drama and the action steps up a gear with a full on gun war in the middle of the ER.

This in easily the best season finale this show has delivered in its 15 year run, the final 5 mins were amazing, i was on the edge of my seat and when the credits began rolling with so many questions unanswered i almost died!!! Was Abby Dead?, How was Sam going to escape with her son?, would Jerry surive? Who would discover Luka tied up and was he ok? What was going to happen??

Overall Brilliant Drama, Brilliant Action, Brilliant Acting, possibly the best ER episode ever!!!moreless

A very exciting episode.

By Parricida, May 14, 2008

This was a great episode - very cleverly plotted and the way the motion was set and thing started to work - it was amazing. I never expected anything like this - the action, the danger and I think maybe the most shocking moment was when we saw Alex taped up. The man has to be crazy - kidnap his own child this way. It was horrible.

And the ending - I really liked it. The music, the way Luka was so helpless to see what was going on and do nothing and then Abby - collapsing before his eyes and he could not do nothing.

Great season ender.moreless

I feel like it's 2000 again, a fine return to form...

By ningeny, Jan 18, 2008

If you have a conversation with someone about favourite TV shows and you mention ER as one of yours, you are likely to talk to someone who used to watch the show but has given up on it.

"Oh I stopped watching when George Clooney left," they might say, or "it's not the same as it was." Well I suggest showing them this episode as an example of how fine a show this is. Sure, the format is in excess of 13 years old; sure, a lot of the original characters we have known and loved have gone (Sherry Stringfield's departure this season was atrocious, she hadn't had a decent storyline for a while so I am unsurprised , but as an original character she deserved a better departure - I hope to see Susan Lewis return on day soon...)

But the one thing this show can produce is original loveable characters, and NO character or actor is bigger than the show, the departures of Mark Greene and Carter (and Clooney to a certain extent) have proved that.

This particular episode was stellar. Stellar writing, stellar screenplay, stellar performances. Maura Tierney (Abby) is exceptional as Abby, but I believe it is Linda Cardellini (Sam) who absolutely shines in this episode, as she has throughout her time with the show (a shame that the child actor who plays her son was replaced, for continuity purposes).

In my opinion this episode is a true return to form, not since the season 6 two parter "Be Still My Heart/All In The Family" have I been so on the edge of my seat with adrenaline, ER should be available on prescription as a stimulant...moreless

A bit out of character and over the top

By desert05, Sep 08, 2007

Looking back at this episode, it doesn't hold up as well as most. I fully agree that there were some fantastic special effects and stunts in this episode. We don't normally see that on an average episode of ER. However, the main storylines were dwarfed by some really unpleasant characters and storylines. I absolutely hated the funeral for Michael. It was very tasteless and unpleasant. The fact that Pratt was the only one from the hospital was horrible to watch. Even Mark's funeral brought back a few characters. This one was almost hidden from sight.

Unfortunately, the biggest disappointment for me was the main storyline with Luka, Steve, Sam and the fellow prisoner and his girlfriend. This whole storyline felt overly written and just as a way to show just how bad Steve was. It was meant to be a period to Sam's rather tiresome relationship with Steve. Truthfully, while Sam did make an attempt to draw attention to the escape, it was a bit too little and too late.

The photography and stunt work was stylized and rather a tip of the hat to some current filmmakers. It just felt rather out of place on ER. I do applaud them trying to energize the show and do something else, but it was just another cliffhanger. I'm not sure we need to see a cliffhanger every finale.

On the plus side, the aftermath of chaos was done really well and the ER's attempt to save Jerry was admirable. We got to see Morris step up and take charge and that was great. Also, Maura Tierney was terrific in her last scene when she collapses. The full horror of the day came in that scene with her lying on the floor and the ER being unaware of her condition. Plus, the Snow Patrol song was a perfect choice!moreless

Greates episode ever!

By MoMo444, Aug 29, 2007

wooow then I first saw this episode I couldn't help but feeling withdrawn to see what happen next but since here in my country I have to wait a lot to see the next season and I couldn't figure out exactly when they will show it I enter the net the same day and downloaded the next episode cuz I couldn't help it I had to see what happened.

The story of this episode was superb the writer should be given an award or something, also the director, and of course the actors, and every body who done something in this episode cuz it was greeeeeeeeeat. I felt sorry for Abby when I saw that she was bleeding and I became scared for the baby and when I saw Kovac trying very hard to release him self to try to save Abby and their baby my eyes became tearful

I can't continue u should see it Ur selfmoreless

Unbelievable. Best episode ever.

By buhba, Jul 12, 2007

I watched this episode after missing th few running before it. However found it easy to pick up what was going on.

Was a bit ..boring at the beginning, just seemed like a regular day in the ER, then when everything starting happening, Abbey almost getting shot, i was on the edge of my seat, almost pleading for nothing to happen to the baby. I felt for Sam when she found her son kidnapped in the back of the van and was almost forced in.

Then when Luca see's Abbey collapsing but cant do anything to help her, it was killing me.

A fabulous episode, one of ER's finest.moreless

One of my favorite episodes!

By biayag, Jun 17, 2007

This is a great episode! The star is a little slow, but it gets better. Sam callikn Abby 'Abigail' was a really smart move, but then Steve and his friends star shooting everywhere, and one of the bullets hits Jerry.

Gallant's funeral was really sad!

The final scene makes you really nervous, because Abby is on the floor, bledding, Luka is paralized in the next room, and it ends like this, so we keep wondering if baby Joe is gonna be ok, if Abby is gonna be ok...

The music Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol was perfect for the final scene!moreless

Best episode of ER ever

By osteostudent, Jun 04, 2007

One of the best pieces of fictional drama I've ever seen on television and without doubt the best episode of ER so far. The content, of course, is harrowing but the overall pace and editing of the episode is unparalleled, leaving the viewer with the hugest of cliff-hangers (I stood staring with my mouth open at the television, speechless) as primary characters are left marooned in life-threatening jeopardy! What also really set this episode apart from the others was the soundtrack in the closing scenes - every time I hear the track I remember the danger the characters were in and it gives me goosebumps. An amazing and tantalising piece of television, bravo to all involved.moreless

Load More Reviews