Eureka Seven

Show Reviews (98)

Great

A tad bit Overrated

By yesile, Aug 25, 2013

I have mixed opinions of this series. I loved most of the story, but the ending was a bitter disappointment. Let's start with the good and work our way down to the bad:

_________________________

CHARACTERS: The characters are what make Eureka Seven great. Most characters have a darker side to them, but that's what makes them so wonderful; no one is without flaws. There are times when one loves certain characters, then hates them, only to end up loving them again. It is only through each other that each of these characters grow into better people; while this can be cheesy at times, it's extremely heartwarming, especially by the end when the crew feels like one big family. This is definitely my favorite aspect of the show, even if some characters' actions did get on my nerves.

I can't say there wasn't a character I didn't like, because the three children showed little improvement, but overall, characters are a major high point for this series.

_________________________

SOUND: Eureka Seven has some wonderful music and the English voice acting fits the characters as far as I can tell. Anime purists will still hate it, but you can never win with them.

_________________________

PLOT: My main gripe with Eureka Seven is its plot (which is certainly NOT a good thing to have a gripe about). It starts out slow, which I can forgive, and the middle of the series is fantastic. But what I can't forgive is a horrible conclusion. It was great until the final episodes; my expectations for an epic wrap-up were set extremely high, but then it just ... flopped.

The ending was horrible. Near the end, there was a random plot twist with the condition of the antagonist, yet they gave no explanation as to how this phenomenon happened to him. And the show ended as most generic Shonen stories do: it's all about the hero. Most of the cast did little in the final showdown, a major letdown since the series' high point was its fleshed out characters. The characters one grew to love simply stood on the sidelines while the hero and heroine did most of the work.

Worse than the final battle, which I can still forgive, was the epilogue. *SPOILERS AHEAD* A major plot point throughout the story was Holland and Talho's baby. Do we ever get to see what happened to either of them after the fight, let alone their child? Nope. Not even a mention. The same goes for the rest of the crew, as well as Dominic and Anemone. In fact, even the two main characters had little screen time at the end, and the time they received wasn't very fulfilling, plot-wise. The entire story was extremely character-driven, yet the ending makes it seem otherwise. I find major fault in that, and this left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

_________________________

OVERVIEW: Obviously, when you look at the reviews below (and eventually above) me, you will likely see nothing but praise. But no matter how hard I try to see things their way, I simply cannot forgive that ending. To invest in 50 episodes and end up with an ending like that? It is depressing. Seriously.

This show is by no means bad, but with the amount of plot holes it contains and its lack of a good epilogue, I don't believe it warrants the rampant amount of "10" ratings it is receiving.moreless

OH YEAH

By TheSaintsGamers, Jul 18, 2013

dude I just got done watching the series again and it still filled me with joy. it sucks though because there is nothing to show what happened after episode 50

full of joy

By luisafernanda3, Feb 01, 2013

i watched this anime long time ago and now is the time i still like it through the story you find different kind of emotions, joy,sad,anger, everykind of feeling but always keeps you wanting more and more until the end, chapter by chapter gets more and more your attention while you meet different characters with their visions, mission or their desires, hating some, loving others but always leting you pass a good time

the final have so strong moments feelings and the best is this is not only focus in mechas fights but in the main couples perfect synchrony and union and how they learn about it and make it stronger

so in my opinion this anime is a real master piece who i always will find time to rewatch it over and overmoreless

Draws your emotion

By Spectyle, Jun 29, 2012

I started watching it 4 days ago and was hooked from the start. I just finished and its one of those shows that makes you feel like your letting go of something good when it finally ends. No spoilers but it starts off slow and gradually just works. It packs a lot of emotion into the 50 episodes that lets you feel apart of the race to save the world. You can without a doubt find yourself satisfied by this series, I was completely surprised with what I found.moreless

Change For the better

By GarrettWilson1, Jun 03, 2012

This show is a change from the normal anime show while keeping true to the traditional characteristics of anime. It contains decent amounts of action with excellent battling graphics, but what makes this show so great is how it differs from the normal anime. Instead of focusing on the action of the show with little love side stories, Eureka Seven puts an emphasis on the relationship between the two main characters which adds more drama to a previously, "Action majority," genre. This is done perfectly as it attracts a wider audience, yet with explosions, mid air mecha battles, and a large war unfolding Eureka Seven doesn't let down lovers of traditional anime.moreless

good show its up there with all the other shows i watch on saturday, but i heard the game isnt even good.

By v_ball_gurl, Mar 27, 2011

the shows good but the game isn't. (You see, when you automatically buy every piece of anime merchandise out there, the developer has no incentive to actally put any effort into its games, because you'll buy it regardless. Eureka 7 isnt as aggressively horrible as some anime games, but but doesnt strive to be anything other than a forgettable piece of licensed c**p, either. the game is simplistic LFO combat, but throws insome equally uninspired lift racing, and some awfil onfoot sagments)- magazine's said they gave the game a 5.25, at least it aint the show thats a 5.25moreless

What can I say? I love this show a lot, and I definitely recommend it.

By pikastatic100, Feb 25, 2009

When I first heard about Eureka Seven, it sounded pretty good to me, though I didn't really have the time to watch it. But I finally decided to do just that, and I was captivated in the first few episodes.

About a 14-year-old boy named Renton Thurston who loves to REF, and wants something interesting to happen in his life, he gets just that. A unique LFO (Light Finding Object) called the Nirvash Type Zero lands right by his house, and inside it is a girl he falls for immediately: Eureka. After that, everything starts happening at once; Renton joins the REFing group, Gekko State, he learns more about Eureka and what's happening in the world, and a certain man named Dewey is planning something sinister... And who exactly the girl, Anemone, who seems so similar to Eureka?

A fantastic show for sure, with plenty of action, romance, sci-fi, and some comedy to spice it up. The only problem I had with it was that it's way too short. But other than that, Eureka Seven is an awesome show that really hooked me... 'Nuf said.moreless

A show for everyone, A show that should be on your list to watch

By Czeroslayer, Feb 09, 2009

When i first saw a couple episodes of it on cartoon network, it didnt seem like a show i would want to watch. One of my friends said i should watch it. It took me awhile, but i finally did. When i watched it, i didnt want to stop. It added even more suspense to the show.To me, it ended to soon. I wish they could have continued the show, but for what they did, they did a superb job. I will probably watch again after i watch other anime. It has alot of comedy in it, along with alot of action. It has some romance. Just a little bit of everything for everyone.moreless

Animation 8... Plot 9.5... Soundtrack 10+... Characters 9... Story 9.5... Battle animation 9... voice acting 9(japanesse) 8.5(english) /renton's voice in both lenguages was kind of annoying/... great anime 100% recommendable

By mexi10, Sep 27, 2008

A great animation... With a plot well situated. Very positive message of love, self confidence, teamwork and acceptance of changes in life. Like Evangelion the conception of mecha in this anime goes beyond a simple machine controlled by human will, so it conects the soul of the controller to the "robot"... Fast animation during the battles gives it a sense of realism and slow shots in the right moments maintain the balance... Very philosophic and self centered adpated to almost any kind of personality throug all the different characters in it. Do not make me start with the sound track. I really love it, and i recomend it pletly, very advaced to its time eureka seven makes you think, realice your position, your value and the infinite possibilities of your acting. just great.moreless

Saga of Love

By sh811a, Aug 16, 2008

Well as you can guess this is another one of my personal favorate animes, I love this show it's just perfect.

Other than the animation which was smooth and beautiful, as well as the mecha which as usual looked great and felt like they could really work. What really made this show great for me was the fact that this was a character driven show. Those types of shows always appeal to me the most and sometimes that is what anime is best known for in my opinion, the plot to me in stories most of the time served as a guideline by it's nature. Yes there is a plot and it does develop in this show which is no doubt intreging but as I said this show isn't so much concerned about that but on the characters and what they do within it that counts.

The characters to me are unforgetable due to the amount of depth that can unfold (similar to the show "Lost" or even Allen Moore's "Watchman")they have which made them feel and act all the more human to me. There is sort of a multiracial cast and a multi focus element which reminds me a little of the film "Crash" and the character development of all of them is beievable and enduring similar to a Howard Hawks film. There are three favorate couples and groups of characters of mine, they all become more of a man and woman as they progress.

Renton and Eureka: Both of them are great Renton is one of my favorate anime characters of all time because he's an ordinary person in extrodinary circumstances. He's not a sterotypical pre teen he acts and feels like a real person young, brash, but also mature and determined to get whatever he seeks whether it's becoming more or love itself which I could see a little of myself in at his age. Eureka has a sweet childlike but slightly mature persona. I just really loved those moments with her from funny ones where she one time put on lots of makeup for Renton which didn't turn out too well. But most of all the warm emotional moments with the two like when she grows wings, she runs away because she's afraid of what Renton might think of her but he goes after her and loves her all the same.

Domonic and Anamime: Domonic at first seems like he's could be a coward in a way, like he might not be strong enough spirtually to stand up against the corrupt autority he serves but due to his love for Annenome and what he descovers as time goes on which disallusions his eariler views, he starts to become his own man and gain a strength within to save the one he loves. Anamime is a mind controlled slave toward Dewey will, but starts to gain emotions her feelings for Domiac which override it make her start to become a woman. With these two it's a reationship that has that classic romantic tention and suspense. We know both are right for one another but were just waiting for both of them to somehow break free from what is deviding them and get together.

Holland and Taiho: These two have a deep history,love and of course they do become even more. Holland is sort of similar toward myself rough, brash, determined, doesn't really like to show his emotions except mainly to Taiho whom he confides with sometimes only when he's ready. Taiho is of course his significant other whom has a wildside to her but a warmth and understanding as well.

As well as a villan that you don't love to hate you just plain hate. Dewey Novak I really hated this guys guts, from his constant God complex, narcism, egotistical, ruthlessness that knows no bounds, but most of all he's just plain insane he's got problems. It had some underlying messages as well on anti racism, self evolution, but also a deep phylosophy on love and friendship.

Well I've said enough, Eurka Seven isn't just an anime it's a saga of love.moreless

Load More Reviews