Just Another Day

Episode Reviews (4)

Superb

Now Leaving Eureka

By sh811a, Jun 03, 2013

Yeah, this show has been a strange and exciting ride, but like all rides it had to end sooner or latter. Most season finales tend to disappoint me but this wasn't one of them, I wouldn't go so far to say it's one of the greatest one's in my book but it's a good one all the same, and that's all I really ask for.

It's true the problem they had to deal with wasn't great or that exciting, but then again what else could it of been, fighting aliens or a league of doom. That might have been cool but that's the TV show "Young Justice" not Eureka. So, I'm fine with the plot it's decent and by it's nature was really just a maguffin.

What I really liked about this finale was seeing each of the characters going though the motions as each of them are faced with the dilemma of change and they all have decisions to make. There are just lots of moments I find really touching. I did like the one with Carter and Alison. Carter despite what he says about glad to move out of Eureka is really just an act, deep down he is sad that they might have to move out because of all the memories it holds and what it has done for both himself and his daughter. Indeed moving to Eureka has done wonders for both of them, Carter has not just taken charge more but has actually found another chance at love with Alison as well as a family as we hear Alison is having Carter's baby. And relations with Zoe have improved but she's was able to find herself. The fact Eureka was being shut down saddens him because where the heck else is he going to go, he can't go back to his old life there really isn't anything there of value for him, let alone wasn't that great if you remember part of the pilot episode.

But the three moments I really liked were these. Fargo and Holly finally becoming a couple again, this time forever. As we see in a sweet moment, despite Holly not having all of her memories of both Fargo and her together, her heart remembers as she comes up to Fargo and both kiss. Love is never really about the memories but the feelings.

Then we see Jo and Zane, as both of them are getting engaged. What was interesting was the fact it was Jo proposing, which I didn't think was just a revesial on the convention but it made sense for her character to do it. Zane has always been the one to want them together but Jo has always been on the fence due to how slightly different both are and Jo's feelings about commitment. Here it was great because Jo made her choice and hasn't changed her mind about it, to her the worst thing is to not have him in her life at all.

And the third and final thing I thought was a relief and made the show end on both a high note and a small question mark at the end. I like the fact that we see Trevor was the one who save Eureka which makes sense, he felt the town still had lots to offer the world and should continue. It's true they won't have the goverments help much anymore but I felt in a way this is part of the theme in the episode about growth. Each of the characters has come a long way and have grown, now the town has the power to do that because now it's run by the people and who knows may'be in the far future it was become a city, that would be cool. But the best touches were for Henry as we see him become the head of GD and get his wife back, it was touching because he rightfully deserves it, like everyone else he came a long way.

And there was Carter once again, as he says he wants his baby to be raised in Eureka, it shows his family belongs to this town, he and Zoe have came in as outsiders but they have became part of the family in the end. There of course were the final minutes which were an errie touch when we see Carter and Zoe drive by a car which has both of them from the past when they first came, I really liked that look both the past and present Zoe had which was the same I had, a what the hell look. In a way it's sort of both fate and free will going hand in hand, they were the ones that caused their own accident without it they never would have found the town Eureka. It made me wonder if somehow Carter and Zoe drove into some sort of time portal that made them go into that point in time, I don't know that up to Carter and the town of Eureka to figure out. I felt this question mark really signified the spirit of the town showing that the town and the people in it will always go on.

As a saying goes it's not so much the place I'm going to miss but the people. But like any vacation it ends and it's time to leave, so farewell Eureka your days will go on, even if we won't be around.

moreless

I'm gonna miss the show

By carly-hope, Jul 23, 2012

It was a very good episode and so very much everything I love about the show and as a finale it was just right. I'm glad we saw Zoe and Taggart. and it was lovely that Jo and Zane got engaged. it was cool that it was her who proposed. Henry finally becoming the director of GD. it was maybe an easy way out of the whole closing of Eureka issue but on the other hand, it was fitting that it was Trevor who saved it. and it was also good that some of the residents moved to different things. and I really really really like the ending of coming full circle. now I just need to watch the Pilot again :)moreless

Awesome show, just one problem

By imusuallyright, Jul 22, 2012

Awesome show, Thank you for finally ending a series with a good episode. But after 5 seasons, I'm a little bit mad that at some point they decided the event of Henry wiping Jack's memory in season 1 never happened. So much plot was built around those events.... Jack stopping Henry, Henry wipes Jack's memory, Jack sees it happen in a dream, Kim comes back on Henry's ship. Then to top it all off, Jack mentions deja vu when Allison tells him shes pregnant in the series finale? By the time season 3 ended I was mad that they didnt resolve Jack and Henry, by mid season 4 I had gotten over my anger, then in the last 5 minutes of the series the writers just blatantly rub in our faces that they never resolved that plot? I just wish they could have wrapped that up after doing so well tying all the other events together.moreless

Fantastic series bookended for all time.

By lazarius12, Jul 17, 2012

Eureka had it's ups and downs throughout the years and I'm sure like any good TV show, every fan will have their favorite season, their favorite character and their favorite episode. Mine would probably be the first season, Stark and "I Do Over". The one thing that the little town of Eureka always had though, was a fantastic family. Not every episode is memorable, but every episode had heart...and some quirky science to go with it. The finale was no different in this regard as the town was overrun by wormholes threatening to rip everyone apart. Spoiler warning: They solve the problem and live happily ever after. But really, would you want it any other way? Fargo gets his girl, Joe is getting married, Jack comes around full circle with another kid on the way and Henry finally gets the position I'm sure we've all wanted to see him obtain; Director of GD. It's the perfect way to end one of the most fun television shows of the last decade and book-ending with the original Pilot episode is the only way I've dreamed of it closing out. Seriously, I have a list of all the unanswered questions of the show and right at the top has been that little mystery of Jack and Zoe. Poetically checked off when we all check out.

In all honesty, there's no reason to review the finale to a show. At this point you know if you're in till the end. So I'll just close this out by saying I hope you enjoyed Eureka's roller coaster ride as much as I did. And remember, it's just another day in...Eureka.moreless